• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingsFan19

Red Wings acquire D Brad Stuart

Rate this topic

Let's see.

You were suspended September 29, 2007 for an inappropriate avatar, which you acknowledged as true in a post.

You were suspended a second time on October 7, 2007 for personal attacks.

In between you posted this:

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1162005

And this:

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1162040

So we know you're not telling the truth when you claim "before I even got a chance to post they did it again."

The first post, you called people in general douchebags, and the second post you told a specific person he was a "moron, and an absolute and total dolt," and next called someone else "a bigger moron." Sounds like personal attacks was right on. Lying will get you nowhere.

Would you like to also go through and list every incidence of attack made by others on me. I mean jesus christ you have got to be kidding,. I was called a lot worse then what I was supposedly banned for (use of moron and dolt) And I was not lying about anything, I got banned because of my stance and the fact it wasn't the same as yours. Now this may be what you use to rationalize it, but I think we both know that to be what it is, nothing more then a front. Was everyone who attacked me personally banned? No, I know they weren't, so spare me. You didn't like my point of view, and the fact I was pretty much wiping the floor you and 95% of the people arguing animately against signing Downey, with only about 3-5 legitimate supporters arguing the same point I was. So you found a "reason" to ban me. Sorry but that doesn't make it legitimate. Oh ya, looks like I turned out right about Downey huh. Grrrrrrrr thats gotta grind your gears.

Edited by sticknmove

What do you base that on. His career numbers, his +/-, what?

I base it on his style of play, the fact that he's 28 years old, and the fact that he has a mean streak.

He's a puck mover and the Wings needed some aggressiveness on the blue line. Trust me, he'll fit in well here.

Stuart was a very heralded player only a couple years ago... I mean he was the key piece in a trade for Joe Thornton. Since then, he's been on some mediocre teams (Boston, Calgary) and a piss poor one (LA). The Wings have a way of making defenseman look good and since he's only 28 he still has time to grow.

Edited by ARice89

What do you base that on. His career numbers, his +/-, what?

Stats by NO means tell a players whole value - he's been on crap teams and asked to be a number 2 in the past - as a number 4 on a solid team, with a solid core, he will fit great - adds toughness, hard, heavy shot from the point for 2nd PP (gets rid of Sammy) and plays with lots of heart when he's in a good situation... had some pretty good years with the Sharks before he was dealt for Thorton and has not been happy where he's been yet...

If it makes you guys feel better, LA fans over at the HF Boards seem to think they got fleeced in this deal.

So I guess our D looks something like this:

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Chelios-Lebda

You could probably switch Lebda with Lilja, but a Chelios/Lilja pairing would be painfully slow in the post-season.

you're comparing unsimilar style d-men... you don't even make any sense...

there's an old saying - "Never argue with a fool"... so I'm going to stop arguing with you.

Bergeron>Chelios (same matchup you had)

O'Donnel>Stuart (same match up you had)

Kronners & Beauchemin (even) (same matchup you had)

Rafalski & Schneider EVEN (same match up you had)

Lidstrom > Neidermeier

Lilja & Lebda combined < Pronger

**FIXED TO SAME MATCHUPS & LOOK THE SAME OUTCOME**

Thats 3-1-2 Edge Ana

Smooth one Einstein

That's the worst reasoning I ever heard.

You listed our worst players and compared them to their best.

I guess we don't have Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsyuk, Nick Lidstrom, Dominik Hasek, Chris Osgood, Brian Rafalski, Chris Chelios, Dan Cleary, Valtteri Filppula, Brad Stuart, or Tomas Holmstrom. Just a bunch of craptacular losers.

You don't need to put red-colored glasses on. You just need to put your eyes in your head.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Great reply. Amazing that you might you logic and actually compare our good players with their good players.

Stats by NO means tell a players whole value - he's been on crap teams and asked to be a number 2 in the past - as a number 4 on a solid team, with a solid core, he will fit great - adds toughness, hard, heavy shot from the point for 2nd PP (gets rid of Sammy) and plays with lots of heart when he's in a good situation... had some pretty good years with the Sharks before he was dealt for Thorton and has not been happy where he's been yet...

He is average (at best) depth defensemen. There is absolutely nothing that he has done (besides his ability to constantly be traded) which would signal his "exceptional" ability. He is decent, will he make an impact, not, and if he does it will be equivalent to cory cross's.

Lidstrom > Neidermeier

Thats 3-1-2 Edge Ana

Smooth one Einstein

Why do you keep comparing each defense's players one to one? That's an incredibly stupid way to think about things.

It's about how the defenses work as a unit.

Please, folks. Murphy, Schneider, Lilja. All these guys came to Detroit and overperformed. Thats exactly what will happen with Stuart. The one reason I like this deal is that Stuart can move the puck, while still having size and a bit of an edge (although hes not all out physical). Hes EXACTLY the type of Dman that is going to fit into Detroits system.

Considering that the Red Wings have been scouting Stuart for WEEKS, Id take their opinion over yours...

Good pick up, but I actually wouldve liked Fedorov here as well, considering we probably couldve gotten him for Meech straight up..

He is average (at best) depth defensemen. There is absolutely nothing that he has done (besides his ability to constantly be traded) which would signal his "exceptional" ability. He is decent, will he make an impact, not, and if he does it will be equivalent to cory cross's.

Hardly. Stuart is easily a top-four defenseman in this league. You don't know what you're talking about.

Lidstrom > Neidermeier

Thats 3-1-2 Edge Ana

Smooth one Einstein

too bad in the original, you were comparing Pronger and Lidstrom and Niedermayer with Lilja... and NO those are not accurate... also, spell the names right before you call someone Einstein sarcastically...

also, Lebda is not in the equation, if you want him to be, he beats Huskins buddy... and also, O'Donnel better than Stuart???!?!?! seriously?!?!

just flat out silly...

Why do you keep comparing each defense's players one to one? That's an incredibly stupid way to think about things.

I was simply pointing out he was wrong, thats all. And don't you have some work to do, that is in actually making an argument for your case that stuart was a good pickup

Would you like to also go through and list every incidence of attack made by others on me. I mean jesus christ you have got to be kidding,. I was called a lot worse then what I was supposedly banned for (use of moron and dolt) And I was not lying about anything, I got banned because of my stance and the fact it wasn't the same as yours. Now this may be what you use to rationalize it, but I think we both know that to be what it is, nothing more then a front. Was everyone who attacked me personally banned? No, I know they weren't, so spare me. You didn't like my point of view, and the fact I was pretty much wiping the floor you and 95% of the people arguing animately against signing Downey, with only about 3-5 legitimate supporters arguing the same point I was. So you found a "reason" to ban me. Sorry but that doesn't make it legitimate. Oh ya, looks like I turned out right about Downey huh. Grrrrrrrr thats gotta grind your gears.

One - you tried to play the martyr by claiming you weren't allowed to post, you were just banned right away. So that was wrong. You used your two posts to flame people.

Two - it wasn't me that banned you, and it wasn't anyone taking part in the argument that banned you.

Three - I also wasn't actually in the argument, so that's wrong too. You can stop talking as if I was or that it was "my" stance.

Four - Nobody insulted you in that thread. Another lie.

Not to mention, MAB over Cheli? Sure. On the powerplay. But thats about it. I remember when he was playing for the Oilers in 06. He was the really the only Dman that the Wings could take care of when he was on the ice. His point shot is nice, but his defensive game is a disaster.

EDIT: wrong bergeron

Edited by YoungGuns1340

I was simply pointing out he was wrong, thats all. And don't you have some work to do, that is in actually making an argument for your case that stuart was a good pickup

I already did. Look at post 154:

I base it on his style of play, the fact that he's 28 years old, and the fact that he has a mean streak.

He's a puck mover and the Wings needed some aggressiveness on the blue line. Trust me, he'll fit in well here.

Stuart was a very heralded player only a couple years ago... I mean he was the key piece in a trade for Joe Thornton. Since then, he's been on some mediocre teams (Boston, Calgary) and a piss poor one (LA). The Wings have a way of making defenseman look good and since he's only 28 he still has time to grow.

It's hilarious how once we all hoped on the Feds wagon, he's shipped to Washington :lol:

Yeah, well I think a lot of people maintained that they would accept Fedorov as a ¨last resort¨. Considering when he was shipped to Washington, he WAS a last resort, Im not surprised..

Very true. I think he was a good pick up and I definately think his mean streak will help. He has had some monster hits which is something that this team needs. For example:

too bad in the original, you were comparing Pronger and Lidstrom and Niedermayer with Lilja... and NO those are not accurate... also, spell the names right before you call someone Einstein sarcastically...

also, Lebda is not in the equation, if you want him to be, he beats Huskins buddy... and also, O'Donnel better than Stuart???!?!?! seriously?!?!

just flat out silly...

"too bad in the original, you were comparing Pronger and Lidstrom and Niedermayer with Lilja"

It doesn't matter which one you match up with the other it is a split Lidstrom is better then both Pronger and Neidermier, and both Neidermier and Pronger are better then Lilja. Chew on that, you poor thing.

As for spelling, I could care less what you have to say, you are not my English professor, or hiring me for a job. Stuart better then O'Donnel????? YES, YOU GET IT. Lebda beats no one, he is a waste.