• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingsFan19

Red Wings acquire D Brad Stuart

Rate this topic

I love how people are giving the couple of teams that made big moves a ticket to the finals already just because of what they did on paper. Wait till the playoffs and then see what happens. The Avs need to make the playoffs first. What if Richards doesn't score in the playoffs or Turco struggles? The only team that has proven anything out of the teams that "upgraded" is the Ducks.

Guest Canadian Wings
and now overpaying for a defenseman that is no better than lilja or lebda and still have huge issues with the secondary scoring

sweet

can't wait to see more of samuelsson on the second line

your an idiot

I guess you have some secret information and think that you understand the game, the team, and what was ACTUALLY avalible to the Wings (and at what price) than Holland does.

...what did Columbus get for Fedorov? Washington's equivilant to Igor Grigorenko...

...I still hope Feds comes home in July, but forget the Stanley Cup dream this year...

Stuart should be in the 3rd defensive pairing... Lilja should be playing in front of him... I don't know where all you people come off thinking Stuart is so good. He's extremely mediocre, and stood out to me as one of the Kings worse players this year.

:clap: but be careful, if you don't have the rose colored galsses on they may start calling for you to be banned...

No matter what you would have been unhappy. Either Holland gave up too much to get someone, or he sat on his ass and did nothing, or he just got crap. You would have had a negative comment no matter what happened. Why don't you go be a Ducks fan or something.

Guest Canadian Wings
Stuart should be in the 3rd defensive pairing... Lilja should be playing in front of him... I don't know where all you people come off thinking Stuart is so good. He's extremely mediocre, and stood out to me as one of the Kings worse players this year.

lilja ahead of stuart? are u seriously an idiot

Stuart is a good pickup. I just can't understand why Holland did not improve this team's top 6. It will be simply inexcusable, if this team does not win the Cup this year, and lack of scoring stands out again. Samuelsson has no business being a Top 6'er here, I just don't get it.

Before these latest injuries, this team was poised to win the Cup this year - at least as good a chance as maybe 1 or 2 other teams in the upper tier. Healthy, they will be again. But improvement needs to come from within this dressing room from here on in.

Time will tell, cause there is no sense bitching about non-moves now. It is Hollands style anyway, who can really say they are suprised.

and you're basing this off of what? He was expected to be a number 2 there... he is a top 4, not top 2 and he is a defensive dman, not offensive, he will fit here PERFECTLY... and he's got a mean streak... something we BADLY lack in the back ice

Come on guys.. you have to admit this is pretty disappointing. Not a big pickup to say the least and we really needed someone for the second line. I am not to happy about this. IT is almost like last year but with us making a deal for ONLY Calder

Yeah or like 97 when we ONLY picked up Larry Murphy. That sucked!

...what did Columbus get for Fedorov? Washington's equivilant to Igor Grigorenko...

...I still hope Feds comes home in July, but forget the Stanley Cup dream this year...

And Fedorov was the key to your Stanely Cup dream for this season? LOL

Negative... I'm jumping off and hopefully falling over a cliff.

Game over. The Wings did not keep pace with others and will fall from glory.

Today just made my week even worse. :ranting:

...careful, don't speak your opinion too loudly, they may delete your post's and topics. Put your rose glassess back on dude...

p.s. I' m with you though...

Guest Canadian Wings
Stuart showed some promise at SJ, however since then he's been to BOS, CGY, LA and now bounced to us...that's a lot of teams willing to part with him in a very short time.

*fingers (cory) crossed*

no, more like

he got shipped in the thornton trade to boston because he was an asset boston wanted

boston wasnt going to re-sign him so he shipped him off to calgary at last years deadline to another team that wanted him

he wanted to play out west so he signed with LA, he LEFT calgary....

Seriously there is no way Detroit can compete with Colorado, Dallas SanJose and Anaheim

Just being honest No Ppoint in even renewing playoff tickets Just look forward to next year

Seriously? An Av's team that has 28 fewer goals than us and given up 33 more? A team that has lost 11 more times than us? A team that is two spots out of even making the playoffs and we shut out 4-0 even with almost half our team out? Oh yeah and swept in the season series? Lets not over react. Of course we can compete with them as well as any other team in the league. We didn't bulk up the way many of us had hoped but we still have one of the best teams in the league and unlike many other teams because we didn't mortgage our future will have a future.

This is not the greatest trade in the history of the NHL but it is a solid trade that cost us very little.

and you're basing this off of what? He was expected to be a number 2 there... he is a top 4, not top 2 and he is a defensive dman, not offensive, he will fit here PERFECTLY... and he's got a mean streak... something we BADLY lack in the back ice

i'm basing this off of the dozen games I've seen Stuart play in person this year... I have yet to see his mean streak, but if he takes care of our stars by showing a physical / enforcer presence (again, that I have yet to see) then I will be happy with this pickup. As of today, we're no better with Brad Stuart.

I love how people are giving the couple of teams that made big moves a ticket to the finals already just because of what they did on paper. Wait till the playoffs and then see what happens. The Avs need to make the playoffs first. What if Richards doesn't score in the playoffs or Turco struggles? The only team that has proven anything out of the teams that "upgraded" is the Ducks.

Added Schneider (injury prone). Added Red Wing AHLers. Added Bertuzzi (injury prone). Added Weight (scary!).

Lost MacDonald (ouch). Lost Penner (ouch). Lost Bryzgalov (made Pheonix a playoff contender [ouch]).

About the same to me.

...careful, don't speak your opinion too loudly, they may delete your post's and topics. Put your rose glassess back on dude...

p.s. I' m with you though...

Rose glasses and the red kool-aid, better have those on or get deleted

Can't wait to hear Holland spin this one later today.

it's not exactly over yet... the thrashers and caps just made another deal at 3:31... if we had a deal in the works before 3, it may not be over until 6... you never know. it's legal as long as the league knows about it before 3pm.

Stuart is a good pickup. I just can't understand why Holland did not improve this team's top 6. It will be simply inexcusable, if this team does not win the Cup this year, and lack of scoring stands out again. Samuelsson has no business being a Top 6'er here, I just don't get it.

But it just isn't that easy. I'm sure he tried and just what people wanted for whatever the Wings wanted, just wasn't worth it to them. I would have liked some help but it didn't happen. If this team can get healthy they can compete with anybody. All these trades don't mean anything unless you produce.

Can't wait to hear Holland spin this one later today.

You don't have to wait - I'll do it for you right now. "At the end of the day there was nothing out there that made sense to us. Plus, with Cleary coming back before the playoffs, we felt that was equivalent to adding a player at the deadline. I like our chances going forward."