• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingsFan19

Red Wings acquire D Brad Stuart

Rate this topic

I guess you have some secret information and think that you understand the game, the team, and what was ACTUALLY avalible to the Wings (and at what price) than Holland does.

From the way the rumor is sounding, Sundin backed out of coming to the Wings at the last minute last night.

You don't have to wait - I'll do it for you right now. "At the end of the day there was nothing out there that made sense to us. Plus, with Cleary coming back before the playoffs, we felt that was equivalent to adding a player at the deadline. I like our chances going forward."

Thanks for paying attention to this forum, Kenny.

As I see it, Stuart's a better acquisition than Cory Cross was two years ago. I even like Stuart more than Gill, which is a name I've seen thrown around here lately. For those of you who don't watch Leafs games often, Hal Gill is Toronto's version of Andreas Lilja.

But the fact remains that Mikael Samuelsson is still in our top six, and I think that's a pretty serious problem.

Anaheim is a close 2nd, but not better break it down one by one

Lidstrom > Niedermayer

Rafalski > Schneider

Lilja < Pronger

Kronwall < Beauchemin

Stuart > O'Donnell

Chelious > Bergeron

thats 4 to 2... simple math - oh and reserves - Ledba > Huskins

you're so hung up on 4 guys, thats all you know how to say, Lilja will now drop to a number 5, making him more effective in his role, Sammy will never be what we need him to be - agreed there, Hudler is a 4th liner playing on a 2nd line and Lebda is a number 7

Guess what, those 4 are a SMALL part of the team

Detroit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anaheim

period.

You're out of your mind bro if you belive that.

Bergeron>Chelios

O'Donnel>Stuart

Kronners & Beauchemin (even)

Rafalski & Schneider ( i guess i might give you this one, however I would say they were even)

Lidstrom > Pronger

Lilja & Lebda combined < Neidermeier

Thats 3-1-2 Edge Ana

Seriously there is no way Detroit can compete with Colorado, Dallas SanJose and Anaheim

Just being honest No Ppoint in even renewing playoff tickets Just look forward to next year

Dallas got better.

Colorado out of the playoffs.

Anaheim getting Bergeron is a little better but was always tough.

SJ didn't get much better with Campbell. The man can't play D

yea, missing Kronwall and Schneider - those guys are healthy and you replay the scenario and you have a different cup winner my friend.

defensive depth just added that. oh yea, and a guy named Rafalski...

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, they werent healthy and we didnt even make it to the cup. No use in basing an argument on "what ifs"

As I see it, Stuart's a better acquisition than Cory Cross was two years ago. I even like Stuart more than Gill, which is a name I've seen thrown around here lately. For those of you who don't watch Leafs games often, Hal Gill is Toronto's version of Andreas Lilja.

But the fact remains that Mikael Samuelsson is still in our top six, and I think that's a pretty serious problem.

benches get shortened in the playoffs too though

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Cleary - Franzen - Filpulla

Maltby - Draper - Drake

Hudler - Kopecky - Samuelsson

I think he'll be a 4th liner by playoffs...

Well said!!!

You are all obviously correct when you talk about how pathetic they are. The team, owning the worst record in the league, had the gall to make only minor modifications to their roster. They are obviously incable of being competative, based on the current standings. I, for one, don't understand why they should even bother playing out the rest of the season when they so obviously have no talent. If I had season tickets, I'd just go ahead and throw them out the window because of how worthless they are. He must be the worst GM in sports history to miss what so many fans can see, that this team is simply nothing without 'Insert Player Name Here' so that we have SOMEONE, ANYONE to score. With so many fans so POSITIVE that they will lose in the first round, we should go ahead and start forming the lynch mob now, and start demanding the sale of the team to an owner who will actually keep them competative.

Wait.....I'm not on the Lions board talking about Millen anymore am I?

You people need to get a grip.

Edited by LionsAndRedwingsAndPistonsOhMy

The names you mentioned are the ones who got me banned for a long ass time over the summer because I was one of the "we need a tough guy, and then sign Downey" people. Needless to say they did not agree, and post after post I proved my point with raw stats, and what not. Eventually I try to log in and was banned, then the day I became unbanned, before I even got a chance to post they did it again. They are definitely fickle about their censorship of opinion here, thats why I just try to steer clear.

Let's see.

You were suspended September 29, 2007 for an inappropriate avatar, which you acknowledged as true in a post.

You were suspended a second time on October 7, 2007 for personal attacks.

In between you posted this:

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1162005

And this:

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1162040

So we know you're not telling the truth when you claim "before I even got a chance to post they did it again."

The first post, you called people in general douchebags, and the second post you told a specific person he was a "moron, and an absolute and total dolt," and next called someone else "a bigger moron." Sounds like personal attacks was right on. Lying will get you nowhere.

Let's see.

You were suspended September 29, 2007 for an inappropriate avatar, which you acknowledged as true in a post.

You were suspended a second time on October 7, 2007 for personal attacks.

In between you posted this:

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1162005

And this:

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1162040

So we know you're not telling the truth when you claim "before I even got a chance to post they did it again."

The first post, you called people in general douchebags, and the second post you told a specific person he was a "moron, and an absolute and total dolt," and next called someone else "a bigger moron." Sounds like personal attacks was right on. Lying will get you nowhere.

Exactly, spinning the fact that they act like brats when someone disagrees with them into the "I can't post my opinion" crap. We're all adults here, act accordingly and you can hang around.

BTW, on topic, I like the Stuart signing. At least we picked up two depth starters (well MAC not yet) who can and will fight.

Edited by esteef

You're out of your mind bro if you belive that.

Bergeron>Chelios

O'Donnel>Stuart

Kronners & Beauchemin (even)

Rafalski & Schneider ( i guess i might give you this one, however I would say they were even)

Lidstrom > Pronger

Lilja & Lebda combined < Neidermeier

Thats 3-1-2 Edge Ana

you're comparing unsimilar style d-men... you don't even make any sense...

there's an old saying - "Never argue with a fool"... so I'm going to stop arguing with you.

5 million under the cap all year long so they can trade for Brad Stuart and sign Darren McCarty? Hindsight being 20-20, they should have been more agressive in free agency.

Yeah, I really hated hearing those kind of comments coming from Holland during the summer, because the asking price for decent players at the deadline is absolutely ridiculous.

benches get shortened in the playoffs too though

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Cleary - Franzen - Filpulla

Maltby - Draper - Drake

Hudler - Kopecky - Samuelsson

I think he'll be a 4th liner by playoffs...

You really think Franzen will be centering our second line?

Having Samuelsson on the team is just kind of annoying. He doesn't have the offensive instincts to be put in a scoring role, and he's not physical enough to be used in a checking/energy-line role.

You are all obviously correct when you talk about how pathetic they are. The team, owning the worst record in the league, had the gall to make only minor modifications to their roster. They are obviously incable of being competative, based on the current standings. I, for one, don't understand why they should even bother playing out the rest of the season when they so obviously have no talent. If I had season tickets, I'd just go ahead and throw them out the window because of how worthless they are. He must be the worst GM in sports history to miss what so many fans can see, that this team is simply nothing without 'Insert Player Name Here' so that we have SOMEONE, ANYONE to score. With so many fans so POSITIVE that they will lose in the first round, we should go ahead and start forming the lynch mob now, and start demanding the sale of the team to an owner who will actually keep them competative.

Wait.....I'm not on the Lions board talking about Millen anymore am I?

You people need to get a grip.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yeah, I really hated hearing those kind of comments coming from Holland during the summer, because the asking price for decent players at the deadline is absolutely ridiculous.

You really think Franzen will be centering our second line?

Having Samuelsson on the team is just kind of annoying. He doesn't have the offensive instincts to be put in a scoring role, and he's not physical enough to be used in a checking/energy-line role.

agreed

I do think Mule will be on the 2nd line by the playoffs - his early injury was the only thing that set him back... I think it will really just be line 1, line 2, line 2a and line 3 come playoffs though... there will be a lot of rotating...