• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Gutierrez

Wings won't let Stuart get away

Rate this topic

Unless he signs with the Sharks, I doubt he's returning to California. He won't go back to the Kings and Anaheim wouldn't have a need for him.

He's selling his house in Los Angeles right now (though he will keep the San Jose one).

I'd rather sign Norström.

Edit: Maybe I should give a reason for that too. The fact that he's Swedish doesn't really factor into it. Very responsible defensively. Leadership quality. Not a particularly dirty player. Good partner for a guy like Kronwall who needs someone responsible playing with him. Frees up a spot on the 2nd PP unit for perhaps maybe Ericsson? Meh, I guess he's just an alternative but for some reason I've always liked Norström and he's just one of those guys who got screwed by a big team and got stuck in crap-land.

Edited by SweWings

I'd rather sign Norström.

Edit: Maybe I should give a reason for that too. The fact that he's Swedish doesn't really factor into it. Very responsible defensively. Leadership quality. Not a particularly dirty player. Good partner for a guy like Kronwall who needs someone responsible playing with him. Frees up a spot on the 2nd PP unit for perhaps maybe Ericsson? Meh, I guess he's just an alternative but for some reason I've always liked Norström and he's just one of those guys who got screwed by a big team and got stuck in crap-land.

Norstrom is old and past his prime. We don't need him. And Stuart is way better than Mattias Norstrom.

If we can't keep Stuart, then our young defensemen (Meech, Ericsson, Quincey) should be given a chance.

Edited by Reds4Life

Norstrom is old and past his prime. We don't need him. And Stuart is way better than Mattias Norstrom.

If we can't keep Stuart, then our young defensemen (Meech, Ericsson, Quincey) should be given a chance.

He isn't way better than Norstrom. And after having watched most of the Dallas games in the playoffs I can tell you that while Norstrom is past his prime he is still very useful. I guess I don't really have much of a point besides the fact that the guy playing with Kronwall on that 2nd pairing is more or less expendable and I don't really see why Stuart is THE guy for that position. Norstrom isn't either but he's certainly an alternative.

Unless he signs with the Sharks, I doubt he's returning to California. He won't go back to the Kings and Anaheim wouldn't have a need for him.

He's selling his house in Los Angeles right now (though he will keep the San Jose one).

I agree with Matt. He went to LA because he wanted to but now that LA threw him out, I'm sure he feels like a guy cheated by his gf. Ducks will not have money to throw at Stuart. So I think San Jose is his number 1 choice.

Althought Detroit isn't as glamorous as California, Holland should do everything possible to convince him that while San Jose might be a pretty girl, looks aren't all there is to it. Detroit might be less attractive but Detroit will take care of everything for him and he will have a good career with Kronwall at his side.

Need a house? find the best available real estate agent and catalogue ones that would fit his salary. His kids need to go kindergarden? find the best available in the area. hm.. now that I think about it, it might be a good idea to create Wings concierge service for the Wings players. :idea: you know like Limo service... after the game and what not. That would be cool enough to draw few free agents and sweeten the deal to our favour don't you think? (unless they have their owns already)

Anyway in the end, it comes down to number and I think 3.5 is a good number.

Edited by Yemack

Anyway in the end, it comes down to number and I think 3.5 is a good number.

Exactly. If he wants more, bye! If he's a 'bad' fit and/or they find someone equivalent who will sign for less, bye! In any case he's not the key.

Stuart has been atrocious in the playoffs for us I honestly don't know why some people would want him back. Only Lilja has been worse back there for us. He always steps up and either misses the puck or his man. He's got a good shot, something we could use but he never wants to use it.

Let him and Lilja go and bring Markov back from Russia.

Stuart has been atrocious in the playoffs for us I honestly don't know why some people would want him back. Only Lilja has been worse back there for us. He always steps up and either misses the puck or his man. He's got a good shot, something we could use but he never wants to use it.

Stuart has outplayed Chelios, Lebda, and Lilja.

He has been outperformed by Lidstrom, Kronwall, and Rafalski.

In other words, he's been our #4 defenseman, just as he should be.

Are we even watching the same series??? I think yu've got this one mixed up with his days in SJ.

Are we even watching the same series??? I think yu've got this one mixed up with his days in SJ.

I'M watching. Are you? He makes stupid decisions up front, (especially in the Nashville series). Where you guys think this clown is worth 3.5 million is beyond me. NO upside other than what looks like a decent shot (which he never puts to use).

Lebda is faster and smarter with the puck (and more safe) in his decision making. Lilja is a writeoff so there's no sense in comparing him to that guy. Chelios has some ruff time this last series but he's injured and has still been better overall in the playoffs as a whole.

Stuart can't pass worth a damn and wants to be a pinching defenceman when he doesn't have the speed or the smarts of even Lebda to do either.

Let him walk ASAP.

For example a more physical less mistake prone defenceman in Markov wanted about 2-2.5 million per and we let him walk. If Holland re-signs Stuart to that money, well s***e..... :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I'M watching. Are you? He makes stupid decisions up front, (especially in the Nashville series). Where you guys think this clown is worth 3.5 million is beyond me. NO upside other than what looks like a decent shot (which he never puts to use).

Lebda is faster and smarter with the puck (and more safe) in his decision making. Lilja is a writeoff so there's no sense in comparing him to that guy. Chelios has some ruff time this last series but he's injured and has still been better overall in the playoffs as a whole.

Stuart can't pass worth a damn and wants to be a pinching defenceman when he doesn't have the speed or the smarts of even Lebda to do either.

Let him walk ASAP.

For example a more physical less mistake prone defenceman in Markov wanted about 2-2.5 million per and we let him walk. If Holland re-signs Stuart to that money, well s***e..... :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Hmm sure you watching Lebda or Lilja? Because what ive seen is constant physical play and him fitting into our system very well.

I'm certainly not that thrilled about him at 3.5m

What?

3.5 for dman like Stuart is good enough.

Hell, Martin Freaking eRat got 4.5mil! and he is barely top6 forward.

Stuart would be no4 dman on our team. Go figure.

Agreed; $3.5 is a fair price for a Dman of Stuarts ability...If anyone wants to get a good look @ overpriced Dmen - just take a look @ the team just off the QEW 402 ;)

402? I didn't realize the Sarnia Sting were paying their players so much....someone should have the OHL investigate :P

(my snide way of pointing out that you have your Ontario freeways mixed up and probably meant 403.....which doesn't go downtown.....in fact neither does the QEW, it's the Gardiner Expressway that the ACC is next to.....man you're just ALL screwed up ;) )