• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
swansoccer13

Hasek..

Rate this topic

I will back you up on that. I am only 23 and all my life angles and positioning was POUNDED into my head by my teacher and at every camp. Its the better way to go. If you put yourself in the position to make a save odds are you will. That being said if Hasek cuts down the angle on three out four goals he makes the save. Can't wait for Jimmy to make his way on the team.

Haha, what?

Hasek came out and played the angle on Arnott, but Arnott was given all the time in the world to put the puck just under the crossbar at about 95mph. Angles also mean nothing on Radulov's tip shot or Legwand's 2 on 1 goal.

Edited by nkuehnl

The 3rd goal I didn't see one Wing hit the ice trying to block that shot. What the Hell? They were falling all over the ice any other time tonite. Also what's up with that? Does Nashville have a s***ty ice surface? I can't remember seeing the Wings skate so poorly and constantly falling over so many times like they did tonite.

I will back you up on that. I am only 23 and all my life angles and positioning was POUNDED into my head by my teacher and at every camp. Its the better way to go. If you put yourself in the position to make a save odds are you will. That being said if Hasek cuts down the angle on three out four goals he makes the save. Can't wait for Jimmy to make his way on the team.

Because the person that taught you how to block has done so much better then Hasek??

Goal 1 - playoff type scramble with a tip in front of the net.

Verdict: Not Dom's fault.

Goal 2 - bad bounce off the boards, Radulov buries an empty netter.

Goal 3 - Tootoo dribbles one in the five hole, but he should NOT have made it to the net.

Verdict: Weak goal by Dom, absolutely no help from defense.

Goal 4 - beautiful tip by Radulov, no goalie has a chance on that.

Goal 5 - 2 on 1 where Kronwall plays the shooter instead of the pass, Legwand buries it.

Goal 6 - Awkward slapper from the boards.

Verdict: Dom should've had it.

Goal 7 - Lilja is way out of position, Arnott is allowed to walk right in and set up a perfect slapper top shelf, absolutely no chance for any goalie.

Factor in some of the amazing saves he made in Games 1 and 2 (and 3) and I fail to see how Dom's job should even be questioned at this point.

I'm pretty much in agreement, except for the last one. When a goalie is 10 feet out, he shouldn't get beaten by a straight shot.

no duh, but goalies are allowed to make mistakes, too. And it doesn't help out that every time the opposing team scores, Lilja falls aslieep the following faceoff and gives up a point blank shot seconds later. Hasek has been the difference-maker in every first period of this series. The team just has to find a way to play 60 minutes of hockey and not make inexcusable errors.

Hehe...I haven't heard/seen 'no duh' in a while. I agree, everyone is allowed to make mistakes - including goalies. But, just like everyone else goalies are not outside the realm of criticism when they make mistakes. He should have had it. That's all I said. Lilja didn't have a great game, I agree. Hasek has been the difference maker in the first periods, I agree. He was a difference maker on Nashville's third goal too, just in the opposite way. I do have faith that he will pull us through, though. It's just one loss...besides, if we don't get pushed in the first round we are more vulnerable in the second. Just my opinion.

Ozzie deserved to play in the playoffs, thats obvouis. He played more games, had better Save%, and GAA

So because Hasek gets the nod over him, I expect Hasek to be the Dominater. Tonight he wasn't, so he has to bounce back. If Hasek isn't playing his best, I do not see why we do not play Ozzie. This is the one thing that bothers me, because Ozzie really deserved it this year. So I wanna see Hasek at his best, with no excuses, because Ozzie has every right to be in there as much as Hasek does. Now thats just my belief

maybe one of you guys should ask for a try out at training camp next year. certainly with your vast knowledge of goaltending angles/positioning you'll be a lock to make the team. i'm surprised you guys aren't in the NHL right now.

right now we can't seem to handle nashville 5 on 5, and thats why we lost. Dom's been great.

Its obviously useless to argue with people on the internet as you are too much of a dumbass to believe anything you read but while I may not be an NHL goaltender I have played Juniors. Which I am sure you haven't even come close to, so I like to think that I do know what I am talking about.

maybe one of you guys should ask for a try out at training camp next year. certainly with your vast knowledge of goaltending angles/positioning you'll be a lock to make the team. i'm surprised you guys aren't in the NHL right now.

right now we can't seem to handle nashville 5 on 5, and thats why we lost. Dom's been great.

I wasn't saying I'd do any better (obviously not), but I think even Dom would say he shouldn't have been on the goal line/ partway in the net on the deflection goal (that's the only one I pointed out).

Because the person that taught you how to block has done so much better then Hasek??

See the above post. I am not claiming to be better than Hasek. But I do know what I am talking about. And most certainly more than you will ever know.

Ozzie deserved to play in the playoffs, thats obvouis. He played more games, had better Save%, and GAA

So because Hasek gets the nod over him, I expect Hasek to be the Dominater. Tonight he wasn't, so he has to bounce back. If Hasek isn't playing his best, I do not see why we do not play Ozzie. This is the one thing that bothers me, because Ozzie really deserved it this year. So I wanna see Hasek at his best, with no excuses, because Ozzie has every right to be in there as much as Hasek does. Now thats just my belief

I'm a big Ozzie fan, but I think we'd be down 2-1 with Ozzie in net. Hasek made some big saves in Game 2, and has been awesome!

Dom didn't lose this game, it was a collective team effort. Nashville was able to penetrate the Wings defense all game and get a good cycle going. The Wings were caught flat-footed most of the game at center ice and in their own end, that has to change.

60 minute effort would go a long way to playing a solid game. The Wings selectively played tonight when they wanted to.

See the above post. I am not claiming to be better than Hasek. But I do know what I am talking about. And most certainly more than you will ever know.

You don't even know me so unless you are a pro, you really have no reason for saying that, whether you are right or wrong its just an arrogant statement to make.

Ok i'm cooled down so I'll make it short. Hasek had to.. he just had to stop that friggin shot. There is just no other reason for it. He HAD to have that.

Actually he doesn't have to... just like he doesn't have to play hockey in postseason and decide to play golf.

That is my take and anyone who tell me to shut up. I don't have to show respect to people who don't give me any so here we go : go ahead and take your own advice thank you.

Hey I got an idea: Why don't we just let this thread die and/or delete it all together. I can hardly believe the negativity over a loss in the playoffs. Did everyone think we would play perfect every game and not make mistakes? Lets live in the now.

hasek, go take a ride in heatley's ferarri.

Your an idiot and a tool. It is appearant your knowledge of the game is shallow and short sighted. Not only are you a tool but completely out of line to want death. You disgust me and you should disgust yourself. I am sure this was the whole reason of your post, the only way people will reply. So I will amuse you no longer. Your basically a troll and an idiot and should be banned.

LOSER