• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WQF Game 4 GDT: Predators 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

There's two things I'd like to see for Game 5:

1. Samuelsson off the PP for good (of course, there's no chance in hell this will happen for some reason).

2. Start Ozzie

Is it so crazy to ask for Kronwall-Stuart-Cleary-Franzen-Hudler?? Really?? Sammy is the antichrist in terms of offense and Flip is ice cold. Yet theyre mainstays on our 2nd unit PP. I think Im more pissed at Babcock than anyone tonight.

I'd say scratch Flip and Hartigan for Abdelkader and Downey for game 5. We need energy, and the ability to sustain it for 60 minutes, and we also need more ******* hitting.

I agree with you 100%. Filppula is useless, is he injured? Because he missed 2 or 3 wide open nets, and he wouldn't take any hits (even when they were perfectly lined up). When Sammy set him up in front of the net, I thought it was a goal for sure. Abdelkader was awesome when he was in for those 2 or 3 games. Boot Sammy for abdelkader.

The Homer, Dats, and Z line is the best in the NHL. Constant 110%, but the rest of the team looks like their not even sure if they are playing in a playoff game. What the hell wings? Were's the motivation?

That whistle has to go. I think they give it Mary's brother, and he goes nuts with it...Franks & Beans, Franks & beans!

If Hasek starts another game, Im not watching the playoffs anymore. Osgood has been solid and cool as a cucumber all season long. Hes looked steady for the majority of the year.

I have let my voice be heard for a long time that Osgood should have started. I am totally confident in saying this, Osgood can get the Wings a cup, Hasek can't. Oh, and to make people even more happy, Hasek has started because of his name, which I said so months back.

Is it so crazy to ask for Kronwall-Stuart-Cleary-Franzen-Hudler?? Really?? Sammy is the antichrist in terms of offense and Flip is ice cold. Yet theyre mainstays on our 2nd unit PP. I think Im more pissed at Babcock than anyone tonight.

I'd like to know what Stuart has done to warrant PP time though. He's been pretty below average so far in the playoffs.

The refs put their whistles away when we finally could have used them. I think we played okay after the first. Nashville just played the trap for the last 10 minutes so we couldn't generate anything. I agree that Z was trying to do too much out there. Right now more than ever I feel like our top line is the only one that is any threat at all to score. When they leave the ice, I look at the clock and think "okay, how long until they get back out there". I'm glad Datsyuk is producing though, he looks really good out there.

Osgood was great. We need him in game 5, I can't take Hasek anymore. I have stood behind him all season, giving him the benefit of the doubt. He always steps it up in the playoffs I thought, this year should be no exception. Well, other than the 1st period of game 2, he has been bad. I have next to no confidence in him right now and I don't think the team does either. How many bad goals has he let in so far in 4 games? I can't even remember them all. I'd much rather have Osgood between the pipes, at least I don't have to worry about 1-2 soft goals a game with him in net. I love that you helped us win a cup in 2002 Dom, but those days are long gone. It's time to move forward with Osgood.

I am upset at Babcock myself, I don't see why he doesn't mix that second PP unit up. It's maddening, because every time they are out there - nothing good ever comes of it. If it is broke, then try to fix it!

Edited by aflac9262

I have let my voice be heard for a long time that Osgood should have started. I am totally confident in saying this, Osgood can get the Wings a cup, Hasek can't. Oh, and to make people even more happy, Hasek has started because of his name, which I said so months back.

Im right with you. It would be just like hockey to see Dom sit his butt down on the bench and see the rarely talked about team-guy take his team to the cup. Ive had a feeling since Babs said Dom was gonna start that wed be regretting that decision. And Babs should be blaming himself. To start Hasek when he really never looked like his old self all season long was a terrible, terrible coaching move.

Ok, so here's how I'm choosing to look at this. On Friday, we start a best-of-three series against Nashville, with two games at home. Forget everything that has happened so far. All of it. Chris Osgood will start, some new guys will enter the line-up and things will be okay. The series starts Friday.

Good night.

I'm not so sure. Each year we lose in the playoffs, we choke away at home in game 5.

But when we win series in 6 games, we win the 5th game at home.

Come on, there were alot of positives to take from that last half of the game. The way it started I thought we were'nt going to even have a chance, but we came back and made a game of it. What if Ozzie had played the whole series, and the rest of the team played their asses off in front of him like that? We'd be breaking out the brooms right now me thinks.

Anyways, it's a brand new series now, best of 3. Take it for what you will.

At least Detroit makes the playoffs on a regular basis. How 'bout dem Hawks?!

Hey, now. I think the Hawks, if built correctly, could give Detroit a run for their money. But I don't think the oh so venerable King Tallon (as the official boards seem to treat him) is the man to get the Blackhawks there.

Until then, Blackhawks fans don't have s*** on Detroit fans.

I'd like to know what Stuart has done to warrant PP time though. He's been pretty below average so far in the playoffs.

Taken some good shots? Hes been subpar defensively, but he still picks his spots better offensively. Plus for some reason Samuelsson has it in his head that he has a good, accurate shot. Id rather see Stuart setting up other folks than anything else..Not to mention, simply being a replacement for Samuelsson is a good enough reason to start the 2nd unit PP.

We need Franzen, Flip and Cleary to wake up. Those guys have been nonexistent this series.

Franzen's hot finish towards the end of the season seems like it was ages ago.

agreed. They had better work on scoring more than 2 goals per game. I figured out a while back that 1 or 2 won't cut it, but they seem to have an aversion to scoring more than that. Very disturbing...

We need Franzen, Flip and Cleary to wake up. Those guys have been nonexistent this series.

Franzen's hot finish towards the end of the season seems like it was ages ago.

Well what do you expect him to do when hes put with ice cold players? At this point, I wouldnt mind seeing a Draper, Hudler, Franzen line as our 2nd unit. Sammy, Flip, and Cleary can be our checking line. Have fun boys :rolleyes:

But when we win series in 6 games, we win the 5th game at home.

Come on, there were alot of positives to take from that last half of the game. The way it started I thought we were'nt going to even have a chance, but we came back and made a game of it. What if Ozzie had played the whole series, and the rest of the team played their asses off in front of him like that? We'd be breaking out the brooms right now me thinks.

Anyways, it's a brand new series now, best of 3. Take it for what you will.

In hockey things don't usually carry over from game to game.

In 2006 we beat Edmonton in game 4 when it looked like we won the series, and then we laid in egg in game 5 at home.

Besides, we played better in the 3rd, that doesn't mean we played well. The last 6 or 7 minutes we didn't have any good chances and turned the puck over at the opposing team's blue line. That's hardly a glaring positive like everyone is making it sound.

The Wings are going to have to make their own positives. There's none to be gotten from this game.

This is my first post of these playoffs, but i've been lurking the GDTs each game so far, and I have to say great job, and THANK YOU to the non fairweather fans for staying positive. I just have to say that i'm extremely happy with the way the Wings played the second half of this game, and even though they did'nt end up pulling this one out, we had TONS of great chances, we played with heart, played physical, and how about OZZIE coming in in relief of Hasieve and shutting the door, making some amazing saves along the way?? THATS the goaltending we need in the playoffs, and I think it gave the players a HUGE boost of confidence to see him in there doing it.

I now believe the Wings have TONS of momentum and confidence going back home with the series being a best of 3, and they will come out flying at the Joe.

GO WINGS!!!

Hasieve? HASIEVE?? I'm glad you're staying positive.

In a few weeks, I'm sure we'll hear Babcock saying, "Well, we're out of the playoffs, but all of those chances we generated really gives me confidence for next year.

Now I have to wait for Friday before my sanity can come back. Why even bother trying to go to sleep tonight? I'm just gonna see back to back goals in my head. Or the Wings getting momentum, only for them to come down once and score. I'm so frustrated I could kick a baby zebra.