• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

WQF Game 4 GDT: Predators 3, Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Oh boy, Calgary and Nashville, with no shot at winning a Championship, have a good chance at taking out the two best teams in the NHL in the first round. I'm sure the league, who's wanting a big tv contract with a major American network, is thrilled about that.

I see more crappy tv ratings coming. No wonder why we're stuck watching the NHL on Verses instead of ESPN, and the League get's nothing from NBC.

Man the NHL needs to wake up.....

You dared suggest that the entire blame for every goal and loss were not 100% on Dom. Therefore, you are irrational. Get it? <_<

No, no, no, no, no, see YOU think every goal is blamed on Dom. Truth is there are quite a few goals ''the dominator'' should have had. And it ultimately cost them two games. Keep in mind this is ''the dominator'' that all the Hasek lovers praise about his past and how he has stolen series after series by himself

Oh boy, Calgary and Nashville, with no shot at winning a Championship, have a good chance at taking out the two best teams in the NHL in the first round. I'm sure the league, who's wanting a big tv contract with a major American network, is thrilled about that.

I see more crappy tv ratings coming. No wonder why we're stuck watching the NHL on Verses instead of ESPN, and the League get's nothing from NBC.

Man the NHL needs to wake up.....

Agreed. The refs just aren't trying hard enough to make us win. When will they GET REAL?

Edited by Z and D for the C

this reminds me of 2002 when the Wings dropped the first two games in round 1 to the Canucks. Widespread panic and death threats to Hasek. But, we no longer have Stevie Y or Scotty to talk sense to the Wings, and this is not the same team of veterans, regardless of what they say about composed, veteran players. I don't see things getting better as long as they leave Dom in net.

If dumping Hasek is what it takes to get them to play their best and win, then that's what needs to happen.

Hasek and Ozzie both won 27 games each, and let in precisely the same number of goals this season (84) each. Somehow, Hasek's wins were not as good and all the goals against were deemed worse. Very interesting.

Hockey players are human, sometimes it shows.

Better effort next game. I am tired of saying "play all 60 minutes" but that is what they need to do.

:clap: Thanks Loo for taking the mature route.

Looks like you're more like Dom then I expected. :lol: Dom put the team first when he gave his remaining salary up following his groin pull on the return to D-town, and even though I imagine it pains you to do it- you're putting the proverbial team first by backing a switch in goal.

I think the situation's clear here. You've said this all year. For some reason the Wings have to have full confidence (i.e. >99.9%) in their goalie or they can't seem to elevate their game. We saw that last year with Joey MacDonald- he played great but the boys hung him out to dry.

Well, as we saw throughout this season, if Hasek went through a rough patch and gave up some bad goals the Wings seemed to melt around him. It usually took a stolen game in Hasek's part to bring their confidence in him back.

Let's face it here. There's no time to give Hasek a chance to win that confidence back- regardless of whether he should have to earn it or not!

The boys play with full confidence in front of Ozzy. Ozzy has a great record against Nashville.

Nashville feels emboldened and cocky against Dom right now.

Please Babs. Please give Oz the start on Friday.

Please?

You think it's irrational to suggest that we probably could've used a forward at the trade deadline?

You stated that since everyone was using Dom as a cop out you would use a cop out yourself. Blaming our non-success so far on any one factor is irrational. Could we have used some depth? Sure, but I'm not going to act like it would be the savior to all our problems.

You dared suggest that the entire blame for every goal and loss were not 100% on Dom. Therefore, you are irrational. Get it? <_<

And what the hell are you talking about lady? Make sure you understand someone point before posting. Thanks.

This is no time to panic. We've been here before. Three times last year we came home with a 2-2 record and 2 of those times we picked up a decisive victory, and was two bad bounces away from picking up the other. We have alot of veterans in that locker room that have been here before, and they can rally.

The Preds have repeatedly said that Dom doesn't intimidate them and that they know his weaknesses..etc.

Also, apparently his old goaltending coah in Buffalo is now with the Preds and he tells them everything they need to know about Dom as far as where to shoot, how to get him off his game, etc..

So it IS best they go with Ozzie. Shake it up a bit.

Guest drwings1
The Preds have repeatedly said that Dom doesn't intimidate them and that they know his weaknesses..etc.

Also, apparently his old goaltending coah in Buffalo is now with the Preds and he tells them everything they need to know about Dom as far as where to shoot, how to get him off his game, etc..

i just dont get why we know this and babs doesnt?? i am so frustrated

He won't.

I respect ya Pack but you have to admit Hasek has cost the Wings the last two games. He is supposed to steal games, and he has not come remotely close

It's incredibly short-sighted to say that Dom cost them the last two games. He didn't play all that well, but he didn't "cost them the game".

I still don't think 3 of the 4 in Game 3 were his fault. The first one was tipped at the last second, the second was completely unstoppable, and the fourth was an amazing shot into a very, very small area that he had to shoot at.

Tonight Dom hurt them worse than he did in game 3, simply because of the timing of the 3rd goal and how bad it was.

That being said, even as well as Osgood played tonight, I think he would've been hard pressed to stop either of the first two goals. The first one was a cross-crease one-timer that the guy got upstairs. It would've been an amazing save to stop that. The second one, Drake was screening him, there were two guys in front of the net, and I'm pretty positive it hit Kronwall in the butt and deflected to the right side of the net. No one in the world reacts that quickly.

Because of that, two goals by Detroit more than likely wasn't going to be enough to win this game.

The offense (tonight) played a big role in us losing. You're not going to win too many games when you only score 2 goals, especially when at least one of the ones you allowed was completely unstoppable and would have been on the board no matter who was in net.

I've been pretty clear about what I thought about the 3rd goal in each of the two games. I'm not sure how many times you want me to say it. It was why I completely supported the move to Osgood tonight and why I think he should start Game 5. The pucks just aren't hitting Dom right now. I'm sure you've had stretches like that. I've been pretty clear all along that I thought Osgood would do just fine if he got his shot. But if the team doesn't play better in front of him than they have in front of Dom, it really isn't going to matter. They seemed to play better when Osgood came in (some of that was the fact that he made some good stops) and hopefully it carries over to Game 5.

There are plenty of players who deserve a finger pointed at them. Hasek hasn't been good in these last two games (I didn't see the first two, but I heard he played really well--surely we're not blaming a goalie for a bad bounce off the glass). Stuart has been horrible. Kronwall has had some pretty idiotic plays. Chelios made a rookie mistake on the 4th goal in Game 3. Lilja was terrible and got himself benched. Zetterberg has been invisible, as have Franzen, Clearly, and Flip. Sammy has been himself. Babcock hasn't exactly been coaching the lights out. Holland effed up by not getting a forward at the deadline, because we pretty clearly could use one or two right now. Have I missed anyone?

I just think it's pretty lazy to completely point the finger at the goalie, but I guess that's what Detroit fans do. He definitely deserves some of the blame for the last two games, but not nearly as much as he's getting around here.

Hmmm...I did not know this. All the more reason to start Ozzie! Edited by EuroTwinLove40

You stated that since everyone was using Dom as a cop out you would use a cop out yourself. Blaming our non-success so far on any one factor is irrational. Could we have used some depth? Sure, but I'm not going to act like it would be the savior to all our problems

So it was irrational of me to suggest a second option for some blame? Because by and large, I've only seen one factor mentioned thusfar.

That and I was half-joking. I guess I don't really know what my reputation on this board is beyond the fact that I really like and respect Dominik Hasek, but I at least assume some people remember that I'm not a huge fan of Ken Holland. So I made a joke about something that I do feel is a legit point.

On the bright side, I didn't see games 1 and 2, and we won. I've seen games 3 and 4 and we lost (And come to think of it, Nashville scored goal #1 tonight right when I turned the game on). I can't watch Game 5 because I've got my own hockey game, so I'll catch it on the DVR. If we win, I'm more than happy to take one for the team in Game 6.

Funny, no complaints from Trotz/Nashville now about the officiating after two straight wins. I guess all that whining really did work. The Red Wings are better than blaming a loss on the refs, but tonight's game was poorly called, especially the third period. When did interference become legal again on every dump-in by the Red Wings? Don't call garbage for two periods, and swallow the whistles in the third.

Oh well, Friday night is it for the Red Wings. Ozzie better be in goal, and the rest of the team better decide to show up for more than a period. Red Wings in six!

On the bright side, I didn't see games 1 and 2, and we won. I've seen games 3 and 4 and we lost (And come to think of it, Nashville scored goal #1 tonight right when I turned the game on). I can't watch Game 5 because I've got my own hockey game, so I'll catch it on the DVR. If we win, I'm more than happy to take one for the team in Game 6.

Like me and the Tigers. Currently on a 16 game losing streak at copa. Funny how the bastards win when you aren't around. I was the one game they lost two years ago when they went on a 18ish game tear.

Atta boy. :thumbup:

Like me and the Tigers. Currently on a 16 game losing streak at copa. Funny how the bastards win when you aren't around. I was the one game they lost two years ago when they went on a 18ish game tear.

Holy Mother! 16 straight losses you've seen? I went to 3 straight Packers losses at Lambeau and thought I was a jinx. Good God.

I was at games 1 and 2 and we won... missed 3 & 4... thanking God now ice and i couldn't make the trip :D BUT does anyone want to donate a ticket for me to game 5.... you know a b-day present as they blew it on my birthday :lol:

I was at games 1 and 2 and we won... missed 3 & 4... thanking God now ice and i couldn't make the trip :D BUT does anyone want to donate a ticket for me to game 5.... you know a b-day present as they blew it on my birthday :lol:

I am good luck at games too! Sebastian, You, and I are. We must get ourselves some tickets!

Holy Mother! 16 straight losses you've seen? I went to 3 straight Packers losses at Lambeau and thought I was a jinx. Good God.

Yea. I really wish I was making it up but I'm not. In fact I did not go to ONE game last year hoping I could shake it. Nah. Got free tickets to three games this year, I can't turn them down, it's free. Nothing. All losses. Needless to say I can't go to another game...again. I also went to go pay my school bill the other day. The moment I walked in they had a fire drill. I had to work in 30 minutes. I was 20 minutes away. I have AMAZING luck.

Just remember Dom is a Wing too. And hopefully this will not be the last of Hasek. :(

On a more positive note our team actually played well once Dom was pulled. They were buzzing for the rest of the game! If Ozzie can at least be solid enough for us to beat Nashville which i think he can cause he's always been solid vs the preds in the regular season. Then we can go from there. Go Wings!

Guest Mac4Life25

Funny that there were literally ZERO preds fans here during the first 3 games of this series. Now they tied it up and I've already noticed 3 new pred fan members today(JUST as I predicted).

******* pathetic. :rolleyes:

I so want to be in AGAIN!!!!

Just make sure you use prot.. oh, you mean the playoffs :blink:

Anyways... At this time I would much rather have Ozzie in for Game #5. Hasek is great and all but I really think the team needs Ozzie right now. Something has to change though otherwise we are bound to continue losing. Hopefully the crowd at the Joe cheers the boys on and gives them the motivation they need to close the series.