• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingnut4013

Who would you rather play?

Rate this topic

I'd rather have Avs but am far from saying they look like an easier foe.

if Flames did overcome Sharks lead and advance to Round 2 they'd

be one hell of an opponent.

Dives on the other hand have Theodore who seems to be finally getting

it done. and I'm most certainly not a big fan of hot goalies.

in the end I pick Dives. they're a little bit bigger offensively than Flames

but not that physical and goonish. and most important - they're no

Canadian team so we're supposed to see less idiotic ref calls. and less

traveling

Calgary's had some secondary scoring issues and it would be nice for the Sharks to be out as early as possible - so I'll go with wanting the Flames to win... although peppering Theodore with 40-50 shots a game would probably work out quite well for us.

Just out of curiosity I read a little of the article on nhl.com about the Avs advance to the second round and according to the wording they used we are playing the avs.

According to the story:

The seventh-seeded Avs will play top-seeded Detroit if the Red Wings can beat Nashville either Sunday or Tuesday.

Also I noticed what looked to be a little biased towards the Wings on nhl.com. If you want to know what I mean, read the top story about the Avs advance to the second round on nhl.com, and now read the top story about the Wings advance to the second round on nhl.com. Is it just me or does it seem like they have a lot to say about the Avs advancing, but couldn't really care less about the Wings moving forward? Just an observation.

Even discarding the fact that we routed them in the regular season and that they've got Foote and Forsberg back, I like the way we match up with Colorado. They get inconsistent goaltending from Theodore, and don't have enough intensity in skating/physicality (save for Laperriere) to push us around.

Calgary has a quiet intensity about them, and Miikaa's Miikaa.

The divealanche are coached by our ***** Joel Queerville, we've dominated them in recent memory, and they don't have that big, physical team that the Wings usually struggle against.

If we play Calgary, we have to worry again about winning on the road in a tough environment. We always win in Colorado. It's a no-brainer to me.

Just out of curiosity I read a little of the article on nhl.com about the Avs advance to the second round and according to the wording they used we are playing the avs.

The seventh-seeded Avs will play top-seeded Detroit if the Red Wings can beat Nashville either Sunday or Tuesday.

That would be true.....if NHL.com employed writers who followed hockey. The Avs are the sixth seed.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Again, we shouldn't pick our poison. Clearly Colorado is the fan matchup, not for level of difficulty, just for old time's sake.

this really has no affect on the team whatsoever. Were not the ones playing the game, we can be as cocky as we want.

I would rather play the Avs, because that means San Jose will have another "hands-full" series against who's left standing between the Stars and the Ducks, and if it came down to it, I would rather verse a tired, ragged, and hopefully weakened Stars, Ducks or Sharks team in the Conference Finals, than a relatively fresh Flames in the 2nd round, who beat the media favorites at their best.