• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WiNgSowN

The Drake

Rate this topic

I just wanted to give Drake some praise for his play recently. He was unbelievable this series especially when it was needed most for games 5 and 6. He was throwing his body around like a rag doll, playing both ways, blocking shots anyway possible, fore-checking like crazy, He was a Beast. Nashville couldn't handle him. From the moment we signed him I thought he would be a really good playoff type player but I never expected this.

Discuss.....

Yeah Dally was pretty much a beast the whole pseries. I've always thought he was a good player and never had a problem with him and his style of play. On a side note, when he smiles he sometimes looks like a bunny. :lol:

Edited by wingnut40

I was thrilled when we picked him up in the off season. He knows how to play and he know when it really matter for a guy like him to lay it on the line. Great move by Kenny and great play by Drake. I think he has shown some of our younger guys how to play with passion. :clap:

Drake needs to do exactly what he did in game 6. Be a gigantic pain in the butt hitting everything in sight, in a controlled manner, and throwing the opponent of his game without taking too many penalties. He played nuts last game, in a good way.

He really got in Nashvilles heads the last few games. I can tell he's been working with some of the younger guys this year on how to agitate other teams. I honestly didn't understand signing him in the first half of the year but he's become a leader for the Wings and I hope he'll be back another year if there's a spot for him.

Yeah Drake has been awsome, smashing the other teams D and takin som healthy runs at guys. Love it. It will be even better when him and Maltby get to run around and smash people.

Yeah true dat This is by far the grittiest team we've had in recent years

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Yeah Drake has been awsome, smashing the other teams D and takin som healthy runs at guys. Love it. It will be even better when him and Maltby get to run around and smash people.

you realise Maltby dosent really hit anymore right?

Haha He's playing like he really wants it....after all he deserves it :D

you know in all seriousness ive noticed that as well about the Drake. im so happy to see him up his play big time in the playoffs, and he just looks like he wants a Cup, keep it up Dally!!

I thought Drake was GREAT in this series. I knew he'd come out to play during the playoffs and that it would show the reason why the Wings got him in the first place. Not only was he throwing his body around, but he sacraficed his body, blocking shots, killing penalties, and even had some great scoring chances. Very glad he's on our side. Atta boy, Dallas!

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
2 reasons why that statement just isnt true.

1.) It's the playoffs, Maltby was one of the best Red Wings the last 2 playoff years

2.) He's got D-Mac again

No doubt Maltby will play, due to seniority, but i dont expect much of him.

1: No he wasent, at least not last year. Edmenton he was better than he was in the reg season but that dosent really mean anything when you suck.

2.D-mac isnt exactly a checking poweress anymore either. There was a reason he didnt fight Tootoo, he wouldve lsot.

yes, he has elevated his game quite a bit ... there was great comment from one of the announcers during one of the games saying that people look at all of the veteran red wings like drake, malts, drapes, cheli, etc during the regular season and wonder why we still have them around when most of them don't seem to contribute much, but once the playoffs start they pick up the pace and you start hearing their names a lot more ... this is the time of year they play for, and this is why we have them around ...

Guest Crymson
you realise Maltby dosent really hit anymore right?

I think Maltby led all Wings forwards in hits in the '06-'07 season.

yes, he has elevated his game quite a bit ... there was great comment from one of the announcers during one of the games saying that people look at all of the veteran red wings like drake, malts, drapes, cheli, etc during the regular season and wonder why we still have them around when most of them don't seem to contribute much, but once the playoffs start they pick up the pace and you start hearing their names a lot more ... this is the time of year they play for, and this is why we have them around ...

I thought that it was a waste of ice time when we got him and after watching him through the regular season, I felt like we needed to give his minutes to somebody else.

I was wrong. He is playing like a beast. Hitting everything that moves, out hustling guys to the puck, and generally just throwing the opposition off of their game. Yes, he wants the Cup. It is very obvious and this might be his last chance. This is fantastic because it will inspire the other guys.

To Dallas Drake, I apologize. It's great to watch you play. Keep it up.

No doubt Maltby will play, due to seniority, but i dont expect much of him.

1: No he wasent, at least not last year. Edmenton he was better than he was in the reg season but that dosent really mean anything when you suck.

2.D-mac isnt exactly a checking poweress anymore either. There was a reason he didnt fight Tootoo, he wouldve lost.

It would have never even came to that point. Tootoo "isn't allowed" to fight.