• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LionsAndRedwingsAndPistonsOhMy

VS Announcers

Rate this topic

Is it just the wife and I, or are the VS announcers incoherent for a portion of the game?

Seriously, at at least 3 points in the game, one of the announcers (I don't know which it was) started rambling, and after a few minutes we just looked at eachother trying to figure out if the other person could translate. I THINK that if those sentences were taken out, rearranged, and put back together, they MIGHT have made sense, but I can't be positive.

Just as a side note......I loved whichever announcer made the statement that:

"If they gave credit for half games, the Avs won this one"

That just flat out had me laughing right out loud!

Anyway....are we crazy? We weren't drinking THAT much.

No, you're not crazy, the group I was watching the game with noticed Doc emercik's non-sensical rambling as well. I think that's one of the major reasons I despise watching games on VS/NBC, they sit there...while the game is happening and talk about just the most arbitrary stuff that has almost nothing to do with the game! :rolleyes:

Edited by Elshupacabra

It was totally incoherant. My wife is legally blind so she watches the games by listening to the commentators and she was having a really hard time figuring out what was going on. They just ramble on and on as if there isn't even a game going on, and every once in a while they come into the game to comment on what's going on.

There was one point when Dats passed the puck into the Avs zone and the announcer said something like "in a philosophical world Pavel Dastuk passes the puck to (whoever it was)." My wife was like, "what did he just say?" I told her I don't know and just to ignore the assenine comments.

I mean really! Pavs passed the puck even in an existential world. Moron.

On a side note:

"If they gave credit for half games, the Avs won this one"

If they gave credit for half a game then why didn't the Wings win it? There are two halves to a game. If one team won one half and the other won the other half it's called a tie. You don't just get to pick a winner. That's why they don't give credit for a half game. Boobs.

You know if they gave credit for doing a half good job, these guys would still be losers.

Edited by Lidsyukerberg

haha, I had a friend and his over last night to watch the game and they don't normally watch Versus at all.

Throughout the game my friends kept saying "Is the game on another channel?".

"These guys love the sounds of their own voices don't they?"

"What does that mean?"

Those are just some of the other things my friends said. Versus sucks!!!

I like when Emrick talks about other things... because then I don't have to hear him ruin the actual play with his idiotic words. My girlfriend asked me last night if that idiot has a checklist of non-hockey words that he makes himself run-through every night. What a moron. Anyway, him getting distracted allows me to focus on the game and not hear these stupid comments:

-he PITCHFORKS it

-he LOBS it

-he SHAKES it

-he TURNS it

-he SPINS it

-he SWAGGERS

-he KNIFES it

-a MAGICAL pass

-135 SECONDS left in the contest

-he WALKS it into the zone

-he DANGLES the puck (worst part about that one is other announcers are starting to say it)

-it's WAFFLEBOARDED aside

please add to the list, I know there are at least a QUARTER of a Billion left (doing my best to use retarded mathematical terms like that dumbass).

edit: adding to the list

Edited by pavyaz19

I like when Emrick talks about other things... because then I don't have to hear him ruin the actual play with his idiotic words. My girlfriend asked me last night if that idiot has a checklist of non-hockey words that he makes himself run-through every night. What a moron. Anyway, him getting distracted allows me to focus on the game and not hear these stupid comments:

-he PITCHFORKS it

-he LOBS it

-he SHAKES it

-he TURNS it

-he SPINS it

-he SWAGGERS

-he KNIFES it

-a MAGICAL pass

-he DANGLES the puck (worst part about that one is other announcers are starting to say it)

please add to the list, I know there are at least a QUARTER of a Billion left (doing my best to use retarded mathematical terms like that dumbass).

He hacks it on.

Leads it back ahead.

Knifed is one of the worst for me though. It just sounds violent :scared:

He hacks it on.

Leads it back ahead.

Knifed is one of the worst for me though. It just sounds violent :scared:

Leads it back ahead. Such an oxymoron. That's a good one, I'll have to listen for that so my hatred can grow.

Don't forget these:

"DRIIIIIIIIIVE!"

"And it's into the goalie's paraphernalia!"

"Here they come on the counterpunch!"

and last night he added a new one after Holmstrom did a bank pass off the boards:

"Holmstrom with the geometric pass!"

Leads it back ahead. Such an oxymoron. That's a good one, I'll have to listen for that so my hatred can grow.

Haha, he said it last year when Datsyuk scored with just over a minute to go against the Sharks. It was part of about 3-4 of his little quirk sayings in that clip alone.

"Chelios there, hacked it on for Datsyuk to play. Leads it back ahead for Zetterberg again. Henrik Zetterberg had it knifed off his stick by McClaren. Played further. Samuelsson a shot, save, rebound SCORE! DATSYUK!"

Edited by David

I've posted about this before myself. Listening to Emrick's or Beninati's mindless rambling concerning Sidney Crosby (no matter what teams are playing) who walked uphill both ways through four feet of snow to the rink every Tuesday after a new moon rose and always managed to stop at Tim Horton's on the way AND OH NO WHATS THIS? Something's happening in the game? DRIIIIIIIIIVE! And then don't bother with a replay (Ideas...for life...™) because they have to go back to "Hockey Central" so you can look at Keith Jones' godawful hairpiece looking coif or even worse, Brian "Capt. Hair" Engblom. Hockey mullets are one thing, but I mean... c'mon guys, you're on TV, visit a frikken barbershop already.

The last time I played a drinking game was during the last VS Rangers@Sabres broadcast on 2008-03-10. We had to drink every time Emrick and company mentioned Sidney Crosby, the departures of Drury/Briere/Campbell, DRIIIIIIIVE!!, Rangers in their traveling whites, etc.

Everyone was trashed by the end of the first period.

It also inspired my avatar.

Versus is awful, second only to NBC, where if a playoff game doesn't end in regulation, they'll switch over to a rained-out horse race or a re-run of Friends or some garbage.

some of the worst commentary ever. After the game they were still acting like COL won.

Now i repect the aves as a team and they are very good. But in order to get credit for winning a playoff game you should score more goals than the other team on the ice. Just my opinion

How about stating the obvious:

"The chant from the crowd is Ozzy. For their goaltender Chris Osgood."

"The chant from the crowd is lets go Red Wings."

These pea-brains are paid for this crap? WTF..

---

"Bad Andy"

Guest nutz2u

I don't mind Emrick as much as the other dips***. For the life of me I can't understand half of what he says, sounds like he has a mouth full of marbles. It drives me nuts when they babble on about s*** that has nothing at all to do with the game. Just wanna scream "WHAT ABOUT THE PHUCKIN GAME WE'RE WATCHING?"

and last night he added a new one after Holmstrom did a bank pass off the boards:

"Holmstrom with the geometric pass!"

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeees, that was the best one! Me and my brother looked at each other and were like, "What the hell is that...?"

No I couldn't help but laugh hearing that.

Edited by cirov19

Yes we get to listen to the same idiots tommorrow except we also get the pleasure of piere mcguire yelling his stupid reports into his microphone like hes reporting from inside of a jet. Plus we get to hear what what mcguire would do if he was coach of the red wings lmfao.

Really retarded they can't get other ppl to commentate the games.

I get tired of the VS announcers, I wish I could watch the games on FSN Detroit or Altitude....

Altitude is worse than VS in my mind, and it has nothing to do with the Colorado/Detroit rivalry (I don't really get worked up over "rivalries" too much). Those guys ramble on about nothing and are the defintion of homers, even more so than Ken Daniels.

Any time the opponent does anything good it's "lucky" or "catching a break," and every time Colorado does ANYTHING it's marvelous, wonderful, outstanding, a play no one has ever made before, groundbreaking, etc etc. I know many Avalanche fans who find it difficult to listen to.

Along the same lines, many Av fans find Denver hockey coverage to be abysmal. We've seen some of the terrible articles written, particularly the "loserville" one as well as the columns written about the Minnesota/Colorado series (they flat out called Minnesota the dirtiest team ever to have existed), so it's no wonder they feel that way.

-he PITCHFORKS it

-he LOBS it

-he SHAKES it

-he TURNS it

-he SPINS it

-he SWAGGERS

-he KNIFES it

-a MAGICAL pass

How could we forget? "he GEARS it"