• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
webwing91

I'm slightly dissappointed

Rate this topic

I'd much rather have a tight, suspenseful, one-goal game rather than a four-goal blow out.

BUTTTTT! These blow out games are a nice mix, having a heart attack every game would definitely take it's toll. Even though this one wasn't quite as exciting, a win is a win and I will never complain about that.

I was at the game and I wanted to destroy them. Ha I would have liked to see a couple more go in. The game was exciting and Mac dropping the gloves was the best!

People ***** when the Wings are in a dogfight, now its too easy. Just be happy that we are winning and not getting hurt, cuz its looking like the Avs wanna goon it up for the rest of the series.

While I love that the Wings are winning, and by a lot, I am really dissappointed with the Avs. This game was a bit of an opportunity for the NHL. I'd say the series has been hyped a lot, I mean even the sports page at my university had a section on the series, which completely shocked me (I go to Arizona State). And I've heard plenty of people this last week talk about the fact that the Avs and Wings were going to play (once again, in Arizona). And a lot of casual fans that the NHL may have lost w/ the lockout possibly tuned in when they heard that Colorado and Detroit were playing again. After all this is a Saturday game on NBC. The only series that would have been more hyped is Ovechkin vs. Crosby. While I was hoping for a Wings win, I sort of wanted this one to be a really intense, hard hitting, exciting game. Just so more people could see how exciting hockey really is. And the Avs came out and rolled over... combine that with the two idiots at NBC Pierre Mcguire and Mike Milbury, and this game was not as big and awesome as hoped. Oh well... Go Wings!

It should just show you how good the Wings are and how good they are now playing. Wow, now that is some good hockey! These guys are playing good!

Well the way things are going, we probably won't lose both Games 3 and 4, like last series. We're not dealing with Ellis here, we've cracked their goaltending.

I won't be surprised if Forsberg is out the entire series, groin injuries can be trouble.

While I love that the Wings are winning, and by a lot, I am really dissappointed with the Avs. This game was a bit of an opportunity for the NHL. I'd say the series has been hyped a lot, I mean even the sports page at my university had a section on the series, which completely shocked me (I go to Arizona State). And I've heard plenty of people this last week talk about the fact that the Avs and Wings were going to play (once again, in Arizona). And a lot of casual fans that the NHL may have lost w/ the lockout possibly tuned in when they heard that Colorado and Detroit were playing again. After all this is a Saturday game on NBC. The only series that would have been more hyped is Ovechkin vs. Crosby. While I was hoping for a Wings win, I sort of wanted this one to be a really intense, hard hitting, exciting game. Just so more people could see how exciting hockey really is. And the Avs came out and rolled over... combine that with the two idiots at NBC Pierre Mcguire and Mike Milbury, and this game was not as big and awesome as hoped. Oh well... Go Wings!

Picking up casual fans is secondary to me.

I like hockey, I'm not leaving it anytime soon.

I want the Wings to win, and if they can win fairly comfortably like they did today, I'll take that any day of the week.

Well the way things are going, we probably won't lose both Games 3 and 4, like last series. We're not dealing with Ellis here, we've cracked their goaltending.

I won't be surprised if Forsberg is out the entire series, groin injuries can be trouble.

I don't think we've cracked Budaj yet in this series, and for all we know Theodore could still be suffering flu like symptoms or whatever the excuse for letting up 8 goals is. I'm not gonna be comfortable until this series is over. I still think the wings are gonna win it in 5. I just don't want to jinx anything. And I would rather see the Wings blow them out rather than win by a goal though.

:scared:

Wow, went to study a bit for my finals, come back at the end of the day and I seem to have pissed the whole world off. Sorry about that.

Though I do want to point out that I didn't say that I was upset with the Wings in anyway. And I was only "slightly" disappointed about one thing. I certiainly don't mind the Wings winning by a lot, I was just thinking it might have been good if today's game had been a bit more intense, and I don't mean the avs gooning it up or anything. I enjoyed watching us dismantling the Avs as much as the next Wings fan, but I figured the casual fan that tuned into see what they heard was one of the great NHL rivarlies may have been been a bit let down and stopped watching early, granted they did see some awesome hockey on part of the Wings. I personally feel that getting more people interested in the game is a good/healthy thing for the league, but hey that's my opinion. And I do understand that a lot of you don't care about the casual fan and I have no problem w/ that either.

Just food for thought though, the hardcore fans might have been casual fans at one point. Some one might tune in for a playoff game who isn't all that interested in hockey, see how amazing it truly is and be hooked for life!

**Oh and I wanted to add that in no way do I think having a more marketable game is more important than the Wings winning.

Edited by webwing91

i'd rather the wings blow out every team every time they play and completely dominate the sport.

look at tiger woods. he's made golf more popular than ever and the only stories that make headlines are when he DOESN'T WIN!!!

not exciting enough. pshhhh. give me a break. todays was one of the most entertaining games i've seen in a while, and i rarely miss a wings tilt.

and a-men to whoever pointed out that people ***** when we give up a lead but still win. you can't have your cake and eat it too. next time the wings give up a two goal lead, be honest and say "now this is great hockey. i love close games!" on these boards and see if you make it out alive.

Though I do want to point out that I didn't say that I was upset with the Wings in anyway. And I was only "slightly" disappointed about one thing. I certiainly don't mind the Wings winning by a lot, I was just thinking it might have been good if today's game had been a bit more intense, and I don't mean the avs gooning it up or anything. I enjoyed watching us dismantling the Avs as much as the next Wings fan, but I figured the casual fan that tuned into see what they heard was one of the great NHL rivarlies may have been been a bit let down and stopped watching early, granted they did see some awesome hockey on part of the Wings.

Isn't the entire premise behind Bettman's new NHL that people want to see high scoring games/blow-outs? If I were new to the sport I would have been extremely entertained by today's game.