• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

Versus OT

Rate this topic

Guest nutz2u

Stupid assholes. I don't give a flying f*** about the Pimp Pens and Rangers.

Of little consequence to cable subscribers but a little ray of hope for Direct TV and Dish Network viewers:

Satellite viewers on DirecTV and Dish Network will be able to watch the Detroit vs. Colorado game in its entirety on an auxiliary channel.

* DirecTV - Channel 659

* Dish Network - Channel 452

Didn't see this posted anywhere but if has already you can delete.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=362219

This if for those who are not in the Detroit or Colorado area if the Pens/Rangers go into OT.

Horrible! So, anyone know if Grand Rapids is just far enough away to possibly miss Detroit game or will it switch over for us????

Stupid assholes. I don't give a flying f*** about the Pimp Pens and Rangers.

Step away from the computer, calm down, deep breaths.

Unfortunately for Wings fans, VS just doesn't cater to us alone. Whether we like it or not, Sidney Crosby is one of the main faces of the league today and the NHL wants to market him as much as possible. Plus, if this game does go into OT, overtime periods are much more suspensful in general than the 1st period of a game.

Versus has exclusive rights, it is their call. Life isn't all about the Red Wings.

Step away from the computer, calm down, deep breaths.

Unfortunately for Wings fans, VS just doesn't cater to us alone. Whether we like it or not, Sidney Crosby is one of the main faces of the league today and the NHL wants to market him as much as possible. Plus, if this game does go into OT, overtime periods are much more suspensful in general than the 1st period of a game.

Versus has exclusive rights, it is their call. Life isn't all about the Red Wings.

Versus cannot handle the demand necessary to run the playoffs.

Center Ice should maintain the first two rounds of the playoffs as they have in years past.

SWF.... you'd not want to be anywhere NEAR me when I get upset about stuff like this.

It drives me INSANE - why, I PAY FOR IT. THE SINGLE reason I have Versus (crappy stupid station) is for hockey and ONLY for hockey.

Ask ELN - I get livid... we are at everyone else's mercy with this and it's infuriating.

In addition even the guy at versus that I spoke to a couple of weeks ago when they were running all these games sandwiched back to back with NO time for an actual third period to be completed so everyone would get full coverage - he said versus needed to be two stations in order to keep up with the demand.

Back to center ice - this was the biggest mistake they've ever made.

Edited by VladyIBELIEVE16

Horrible! So, anyone know if Grand Rapids is just far enough away to possibly miss Detroit game or will it switch over for us????

I am pretty sure that Michigan is a Detroit market.

Versus cannot handle the demand necessary to run the playoffs.

Center Ice should maintain the first two rounds of the playoffs as they have in years past.

SWF.... you'd not want to be anywhere NEAR me when I get upset about stuff like this.

It drives me INSANE - why, I PAY FOR IT. THE SINGLE reason I have Versus (crappy stupid station) is for hockey and ONLY for hockey.

Ask ELN - I get livid... we are at everyone else's mercy with this and it's infuriating.

In addition even the guy at versus that I spoke to a couple of weeks ago when they were running all these games sandwiched back to back with NO time for an actual third period to be completed so everyone would get full coverage - he said versus needed to be two stations in order to keep up with the demand.

Back to center ice - this was the biggest mistake they've ever made.

I thought that any nat'l broadcasts in the playoffs still canceled out anything to be on NHL Center Ice in the past.

Worst mistake I think was last season's playoffs. One game went into OT on NBC but they couldn't show the game on NBC due to the Kentucky Derby. It switched to VS but that's just not a good deal.

I understand the discontent but the same thing happened last year, multi-games on one night and VS eventually got to the Wings-Flames game about 2 minutes into it. Under the current setup it's just something I understand/am willing to deal with.

Once again, I enjoy the benefits of living in Canada where this is not a problem.

Same with living in Detroit.