• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jvxp

Rumor: Franzen Out with Possible Blood Clot?

Rate this topic

Now you're thinking medically. :)

Look, folks. Let me say it really clear. The Mule has no clot. How do I know?

Simple. If it were a clot on the brain due to a bleed, he'd in all likelihood be dead or hospitalized in serious condition right now. Remember, these headaches have been going on for about 2 weeks. If it were a clot from a deep-vein thrombosis (from sitting too long, for example), he'd be in the hospital already- as soon as they suspected it.

Given those, it rules out a clot pretty well. That leaves my personal bet- a pinched nerve. Drop the $500 for a professional to perform the Rolf technique and loosen it up, and he would be clear to play in game 4.

I hope you're right and the original poster over at RWC is just some Jamaican guy swearing.

No time for jokes right now lol :rolleyes:

Sometimes the only way to properly grasp a situation is to treat it a little lighty. -Douglas Adams

Besides, I didn't make the joke. I was going to, but I forgot Eklund's name. Lucky someone got to it, at least.

God if this is true I hope Franzen will be ok, and if he is out for the playoffs, new slogan Win it for Mule!!!!!!

Although I am willing to make a new .gif for my avatar, I hope I don't need to do so.

Be ok Mule!

This is F'd. I swear they are giving these athletes supplements that are causing this sh*t. All these young athletes having heart attacks and other strange medical problems. I really believe these trainers are at fault for alot of this stuff.

GET WELL FRANZENSTEIN!

[Good Lord, if any of his doctors thought he had a subdural or parenchymal hematoma, he would have already had an MRI and MRA...I can't believe the hero of the Wings would have to wait until he could be schedule behind Leroy the drunk's scan for syphillitic aortic lesions!

ON THE OTHER HAND, post-concussion syndrome can be a *****. Think about it, he's played one game on 1-and-a-half weeks and needs more time off. This could be days, weeks, months, or years.

Uncertainty's a *****, just like the little ***** Turdco!

I certainly hope that he doesn't have a subdural hematoma. I would expect him to have more than just headaches if that was the case. I hope he doesn't need a burr hole!

Get Well Franzen!

[Good Lord, if any of his doctors thought he had a subdural or parenchymal hematoma, he would have already had an MRI and MRA...I can't believe the hero of the Wings would have to wait until he could be schedule behind Leroy the drunk's scan for syphillitic aortic lesions!

ON THE OTHER HAND, post-concussion syndrome can be a *****. Think about it, he's played one game on 1-and-a-half weeks and needs more time off. This could be days, weeks, months, or years.

Uncertainty's a *****, just like the little ***** Turdco!

An MRA wouldn't be needed unless there was concern for a vertebral artery dissection. But you are right he would have had a CT or MRI days ago.

On Saturday evening during the postgame press conference, Mike Babcock said the following about Johan:

Q. At what point did you know that Johan probably wouldn't be able to go? And could you also talk about how your team was able to handle that adversity?

COACH MIKE BABCOCK: What's interesting is yesterday he was sitting on the table, and I mean he practiced yesterday, and he's been playing unbelievable. And he said: I got a headache, and it's worse than it's been.

And then he said: I thought it was the altitude when I went to Colorado. I thought it was just had a headache. Then I've kind of had a headache. I was joking around with him and I said: I don't know, whatever wires are crossed, let's keep them crossed or whatever, let's keep it going. Didn't think anything of it. Then he went to see the Doc.

We say it's some sort of, I guess, concussion-like syndrome, but it's not like he's dizzy or it's not like any of that. He's just got a bit of a headache.

So he's a real good player. And it's all about the player and his family first. We've got to get him checked out by the experts find out what's wrong or what's right and then we'll go from there.

So in the meantime, we've got to suck it up and find a way to win.

Dizziness is one of the blood clot symptoms, but according to Mike Babcock, he isn't dizzy.

I'm personally going to go with the problem headaches issue and if we find out there's more after these tests, I'll worry about it then. Fortunately, the Wings are up 2-0 in the series and aren't desperate for Franzen to return just yet. I just hope everything is alright with the Mule.

Guest Crymson
Blood clot, in the brain? ? Due to concussions? Why don't they just say something D:

A blood clot in the brain would cause more than headaches.

A blood clot in the brain would be painless. I think they are worried about a clot that is outside of the brain causing pressure to build on a vessel outside the brain, and giving headaches.

The danger is the clot being pushed through and lodging somewhere in the brain and causing a stroke.

Im not a doctor but I have a holiday in close to where I live.

Blood clot would lead to lack of blood flow to the brain which depending on the severity would lead to a stroke, or less worse, headaches.

Blood flow blockage to the brain means no oxygen to the brain, which is bad. ; ;

It could be a blood clot. I'm sorry, but anyone who's saying it absolutely can't be one is wrong.

I assume he's getting an MRI and a CT. If there's a clot, it will show up in at least one of those.

Let's hope it doesn't.

So where do you think the clot would be?

And if you do have a clot, are you allowed to travel by plane?

Edited by Rivalred

Burr hole is not as easy to come by as it was when I was in my 20s.

At least not the kind youd wanna spend an evening with.

It is if a bleed is exanding and begins to cause progressive neurologic deficits.

Those ******* divelalanche fans put the evil eye on our team with all the whining they did about their injuries.

I hate those bastards. :ranting:

Also, Theodore probably bought a Franzen voodoo doll in retaliation of the way he owned him in the last series.

It could be a blood clot. I'm sorry, but anyone who's saying it absolutely can't be one is wrong.

I assume he's getting an MRI and a CT. If there's a clot, it will show up in at least one of those.

Let's hope it doesn't.

My logic on that isn't that it can't be but that if they thought it was, they would have rushed him to get it attended to and not waited 3 days.

If he has a clot anywhere, he's out. See Kimmo Timonen.

Right, unfortunately.

If he does have a clot...well, I guess we'd have to assume it's in the brain. Headaches are a symptom, even if they come and go. I'd expect at least a couple more symptoms would be presenting themselves right now. So, the question is, Is Mule having problems beyond the headaches? Obviously they're not going to put that info out there just like that, so we're just going to have to sit tight and hope for the best.