• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TheCaptain19

Osgood/Turco exchange

Rate this topic

so noone noticed that ozzie was acting like his hand(blocker) hurt before the hand shake? those with tape, rewind a little further before he starts shaking hands, he does the little flex, and then tests his grip on his stick...that worries me

Edited by Sgt Sharpie

OMG. HE DID SAY BACKUP. You can hear Turco's last word to Ozzie through the mic and he says "Backup" and then moves on.

Classless. I hoped for better from a former U of M and K-Wings guy. Oh well, he can cry about it on the golf course.

Let's say Turco did say "Not bad for a backup." Could he have not meant it as a compliment? He surely recognizes that Ozzie has accomplished a lot this season (league-leading GAA, All-Star game starter, Jennings trophy in the regular season; 10-2 in the playoffs and a trip to the Cup Finals) for a team that did view him as a backup until game 5 of the Nashville series.

Let's say Turco did say "Not bad for a backup." Could he have not meant it as a compliment? He surely recognizes that Ozzie has accomplished a lot this season (league-leading GAA, All-Star game starter, Jennings trophy in the regular season; 10-2 in the playoffs and a trip to the Cup Finals) for a team that did view him as a backup until game 5 of the Nashville series.

Possibly, but with the way Marty stared at him and just moved along as Oz was still talking to him..you'd have to think he was insulting him.

Anyways you just pointed out Ozzie with the leagues best goals against, jennings trophy, all star starter, and now amazing in the playoffs and it just reminds me of hos amazing he's been and how damn proud I am. What a year for the great Oz. Only one more thing left to do!

Anyways you just pointed out Ozzie with the leagues best goals against, jennings trophy, all star starter, and now amazing in the playoffs and it just reminds me of hos amazing he's been and how damn proud I am. What a year for the great Oz. Only one more thing left to do!

Yep!

HasekOsgood20080410.jpg

Oh wait. I think you meant:

:champs:

Go Ozzie!

does it really matter? I am sure lots of things are said in every hadnshake line. I am sure most of it is positive, good luck, nice going. And I am sure there is some bad mouthing that goes on. Ozzies face didnt seemed to be shocked or he didnt act like anything that was said was a bad thing IMO. They shook hands, they said a few words, Marty gave him a pat on the chest/shoulder and away they go. I am sure Turco was upset after losing the series, especially since its Detroit and we pretty much pwn him....hey at least he did the whole handshake thing.....right? :ph34r::tomato:

Edited by wingnut22

so noone noticed that ozzie was acting like his hand(blocker) hurt before the hand shake? those with tape, rewind a little further before he starts shaking hands, he does the little flex, and then tests his grip on his stick...that worries me

Noticed that myself. Trying not to think about it.....

Noticed that myself. Trying not to think about it.....

IF it's anything at all, I'm sure it will be fine.

The team has a couple of days to rest, heal and get fired up again.

All will be well.

Gee I guess I'd be smiling after losing to a team over and over again and trying my best to pull my team through, especially after getting the win in their building!

Come on guys. I can't blame Turco for not smiling, and I'm sure he just told Ozzie nice job and to go get that cup.

Gee I guess I'd be smiling after losing to a team over and over again and trying my best to pull my team through, especially after getting the win in their building!

Come on guys. I can't blame Turco for not smiling, and I'm sure he just told Ozzie nice job and to go get that cup.

Yes. Furthermore, there's no way that Marty Turco would have insulted him during the handshake. I don't think I was the only sportsman that was an absolute prick to my opponents during a game. I harassed, I annoyed, I antagonised, I swore and in return I heard some of the worst things back too. But at the end of the game I smiled and shook their hands because it was all just part of the battle. A few times a guy didn't shake my hand back but that just shows lack of character.

The hate for Turco is not necessary. He doesn't think Osgood is gutless and he didn't do anything too despicable during the series like Pronger or something. He's a competitor and that's it. Not hard to see why he knocked off Anaheim and San Jose.

The hate for Turco is not necessary. He doesn't think Osgood is gutless and he didn't do anything too despicable during the series like Pronger or something. He's a competitor and that's it. Not hard to see why he knocked off Anaheim and San Jose.

Well said !

Ya i noticed that to, but im a goalie also and i always do that after i take off my blocker cuz when i have my blocker on and im holding my stick for that long it hurts the hand so much.

Ya i noticed that to, but im a goalie also and i always do that after i take off my blocker cuz when i have my blocker on and im holding my stick for that long it hurts the hand so much.

I don't know what model blocker you are using, but it shouldn't hurt to hold your stick for an entire game. Try one with a stronger support system. I use the Eagle Infinity series and I absolutely love it. Much better than my previous set of Bauer Supremes.

Just preping for stone hands Turco :hehe: