• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rate this topic

Unfortunately for me, the only "gas station" beers I've seen so far are Budweiser, Miller, ect. Nothing special.

at every gas station within a 5 mile radius of my house you can buy some form of new glarus

tonight i had sam adams triple bock, an infamous brew, i don't think it was that bad, but it isn't something i want to try again

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/35/111

Edited by jollymania

I rather like Westvleteren. The fact that it is not commercially brewed and difficult to obtain only makes it better.

Sometimes it's quite nice to live in Belgium...

Edited by NGKEIB

I rather like Westvleteren. The fact that it is not commercially brewed and difficult to obtain only makes it better.

Sometimes it's quite nice to live in Belgium...

it is about to be commercialized, i don't have the article right in front of me but a limited number of bottles will go out next year to a special distributor (can't recall the name)

I just found the big brother of Sam Adams Winter Lager:

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/741/3542

It totally blew SA out of the water, made SA taste like water in comparison, similar flavor profiles too

Why did you have to change your name again from Jolly to cross or was it cross to jolly?

The way you describe this beer it sounds like orgasms of taste in your mouth.

Why did you have to change your name again from Jolly to cross or was it cross to jolly?

The way you describe this beer it sounds like orgasms of taste in your mouth.

if you love winter lager it would be, I liked it alot

just had old fezziweg ale and all I can say is go for Bell's Christmas ale instead, i am not a fan of either but they seemed similar with the bell's packing more of a punch.

So far the best winter beers I have had so far were Affligem Noel and Avery Old Jubilation

here is what is upcoming though:

1291510432.jpg1291510511.jpg

1291936824.jpg

Edited by jollymania

I'm . . . not fond of beer to start with, so it takes me a while to find one I really like. That being said, I drink Molsons Canadian. it's not as watery or bitter as a lot of the American beers I've tried (maybe I'm drinking the wrong beers), and the one German beer I've had was far too malty for my tastes

Anyone beer watching Brew Masters on Discover Channel. Pretty entertaining show. As a homebrewer I wished they showed a little more on the brewing process. But I'm not surprised, Sam talking about mash temps and ph levels wouldn't be very interesting.

Picked up the Sam Adams Winter Variety pack, may break out a Chocolate Bock tonight.

Just out of curiosity, what is keeping you from branching out to other brands? Sam Adams makes a good beer and is a good brand to use as an introduction to craft beer. But you live in Michigan, one of probably the top 5 states for craft beer in the country. There's so many good breweries in the mitten, what's stopping you from patronizing them?

I'd love it if I could get Bell's, Founders and Short's (among others) at my grocery store. I've seen a couple of the MBC/Celis beers here in Texas, but that's it.

Anyone beer watching Brew Masters on Discover Channel. Pretty entertaining show. As a homebrewer I wished they showed a little more on the brewing process. But I'm not surprised, Sam talking about mash temps and ph levels wouldn't be very interesting.

Ive watched them all so far

Picked up the Sam Adams Winter Variety pack, may break out a Chocolate Bock tonight.

The Choco Bock is AWESOME but...

Just out of curiosity, what is keeping you from branching out to other brands? Sam Adams makes a good beer and is a good brand to use as an introduction to craft beer. But you live in Michigan, one of probably the top 5 states for craft beer in the country. There's so many good breweries in the mitten, what's stopping you from patronizing them?

…this.

Just got back from the store with a nice haul.

I tried the lukcy bastrd last ngith and though it wasn't as good as oaked or double, but it was pretty awesome

I'd love it if I could get Bell's, Founders and Short's (among others) at my grocery store. I've seen a couple of the MBC/Celis beers here in Texas, but that's it.

agreed, I had Bell's Batch 10000 last night, it has a ridiculous list of hops and fermentables, it wasn't a huge mess, but it wasn't anything amazing, just a solid beer.

Review for Winter Lager -

Poured into the Samuel Adams perfect pint glass.

A - Pours a dark, deep ruby color. Thick head which dissipates after a while, and leaves behind plenty of lacing.

S - Malty with subtle notes of hops and spices. This is gonna be a great one.

T - Very robust flavor of malt with notes of spices and a bit of citrus. Subtle hop notes as well.

M - Full bodied and bold, perfect for winter. Just the right amount of carbonation.

D - A very nice session beer.

I've had several local craft brews from around here and while they're pretty good, SA is usually what I fall back on.