• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

SCF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 4, Penguins 0

Rate this topic

I'm very, very, very happy with this win. Great, great play throughout. Great mental excercise for the Wings to come back after stupid calls and hold the Pens back and take the lead. Great. Just great. You can't complain about winning 4-0, but I think it would've been a little better for Game 2 to have won it 2-0. Maybe? Hell, we won and it was a beaut! Ozzie getting the shutout against Fleury is a nice way to kick that goaltending battle off, but Fleury played a solid game for all intents and purposes. This is going to be a good one. The Pens played tough, gave a good challenge and will come back hard. I'm excited!

Uh oh pens, ran into a good team finally this playoff season eh?

I'm not going to get ahead of myself here, but if the Wings decide to play like that the rest of the series, there's nothing the Pens can do about it.

Let's hope the refs call it fair the rest of the series...

Welcome to the Western Conference, Penguins!

I can't believe Pittsburgh is going to play that bad the rest of this series. But man, that was as one-sided a beatdown as the Wings have had in the playoffs so far. The score wasn't as lopsided, but I think that was more dominant a performance than the 8-2 win over Colorado. Not even competitive.

Pens are definitely a good team. Ozzie just may have stole one from us here. He kept them off the board long enough for the Wings to start getting on that really good role. Pens score first, and it's a whole different game.

Hey, I thought the Penguins were supposed to be a good team?

I liked how Eddie referred to the Wings as being "Maybe just a little bit better defensively" with about 8 minutes left in the game.

Whatever. 1 down, 3 to go. Sammy's clicking, Dan's finally on the board, Mule's set to return -- all systems go, *******!

Good game from the Wings. They all around defeated the Pens. It's only the first game though, and thus far, the Pens have played this bad in each of them. Don't expect it to be this easy next game. :ph34r:
Riiiiiiiiight. You got shut out, and got stomped on four to zero. Hell, Lidstrom's goal should've counted, so we'll make that five.

Crosby and Malkin sure were amazing tonight huh? f*** YOU.

Uh oh pens, ran into a good team finally this playoff season eh?

I'm not going to get ahead of myself here, but if the Wings decide to play like that the rest of the series, there's nothing the Pens can do about it.

Let's hope the refs call it fair the rest of the series...

IMHO, the refs called a good game tonight. I guess I must be in the minority.

Welcome to the Western Conference, Penguins!

I can't believe Pittsburgh is going to play that bad the rest of this series.

Was it really them playing bad or the Wings dominating? Pens looked better than the Wings in the 1st period, shouldn't our team get some kudos for playing really well in the 2nd and 3rd?

Awesome!

OZZY OZZY OZZY

SAMMY SAMMY SAMMY

Perfect game, they weathered the penalties and a bad call in the first and took care of business, let's protect home ice and get another at home on Monday!

GO WINGS!!!