• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
up2here

POLL: Franzen In.Who Should Come Out?

Rate this topic

Who Should Come Out Of The Lineup?  

169 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Absolutely McCarty. It's been nerve racking every time he's on the ice. He just doesn't have the footspeed, stamina or strength to keep up right now.

Yep. McCarty, no question.

It seems like every time he's on the ice it's the only time the other team can sustain a cycle in our zone. Then someone takes a penalty or ices the puck.

I seriously hope you're kidding. If you're calling those three fights "wins" for Lilja this year then we're done talking. The only one even close to a win for Lilly is the one against Phaneuf (but still a draw). Laraque would kill Lilly. Plain and simple.

:)

The real question is....

Franz-IN

or

Franz-OUT

Ha Ha Os!

Yeah, while I have been cheering for him. He isn't up to speed right now. He'll be better next year, but everyone is just a step ahead of him right now.........even Sammy.

I absolutely love how McCarty came back for us and greatly assisted our depth but he's definitely the odd man out.

I seriously hope you're kidding. If you're calling those three fights "wins" for Lilja this year then we're done talking. The only one even close to a win for Lilly is the one against Phaneuf (but still a draw). Laraque would kill Lilly. Plain and simple.

Laraque is a hugger who's afraid to open up in fights. He fights not to lose rather than win, which is why at the first sign of trouble he wrestles his opponent down to the ice, and lands a couple of punches to the back of the head, which in some people's minds makes him a great enforcer.

Lilja, on the other hand........

It was a really though call but I say that Maltby sits.

It was between he and Mac and they both have their up and down sides. Maltby can PK, is faster, and can move the puck pretty well. Mac has a slighty better goal scoring touch, but is much slower...he can (albeit not as effective as he was) and still will drop the gloves if necessary. In the end it came down to, there are many players on the Wings that can do what Maltby does, and in fact even better than he does it but there are only a few that can do what Mac is out there to do and he is still arguably the best at it. Lilja although willing has only 3 fights under his belt and Drake was always a checker. For better or worse Mac is our enforcer.

It was a really though call but I say that Maltby sits.

It was between he and Mac and they both have their up and down sides. Maltby can PK, is faster, and can move the puck pretty well. Mac has a slighty better goal scoring touch, but is much slower...he can (albeit not as effective as he was) and still will drop the gloves if necessary. In the end it came down to, there are many players on the Wings that can do what Maltby does, and in fact even better than he does it but there are only a few that can do what Mac is out there to do and he is still arguably the best at it. Lilja although willing has only 3 fights under his belt and Drake was always a checker. For better or worse Mac is our enforcer.

who is McCarty going to fight

who is McCarty going to fight

You could argue that Ruutu could go hog wild on our superstars knowing Mac isnt there. Having said that I wouldnt be terribly upset if it was Mac who sits.

Laraque is a hugger who's afraid to open up in fights. He fights not to lose rather than win, which is why at the first sign of trouble he wrestles his opponent down to the ice, and lands a couple of punches to the back of the head, which in some people's minds makes him a great enforcer.

Lilja, on the other hand........

I couldn't agree more about Laraque, but Lilly just doesn't throw any good punches and mainly holds on as well.

Now MAC on the other hand... :P

I was rooting for Mac to come back all year, and he did that. He did what he needed too, and now his name will be on the cup again. He'll be the one sitting. I have a feeling if Mac gets a summer of training and then a training camp under his belt he'll be better next year.

I was rooting for Mac to come back all year, and he did that. He did what he needed too, and now his name will be on the cup again. He'll be the one sitting. I have a feeling if Mac gets a summer of training and then a training camp under his belt he'll be better next year.

Definitely. Mac has been OUTSTANDING for a 36 year old with no training camp, and one month to prepare for the NHL... I think we'll see more if he comes back next year.

Edited by digitaljohn88

Its always hard to pick a player you like, but i picked McCarty to sit. I think Maltby and Helm are contributing in different ways. I think Helm is great right now. If there was much fighting rather than just skirmishes in front of the net, my vote would be different.