• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cern

Wings/Blackhawks outdoor game @ Wrigley

Rate this topic

f*** yah!!!

Looks as though I'll be flyin out from so-cali for this one.

You will freeze your nuts off LOL arrive a few days early and get used to the temp drop

I guess this blows detroits chance at getting an outdoor game in Detroit in the next however many years I have a feeling being in an outdoor game will be like hosting the all star game.

I well never been to Chicago I'm sure its beautiful in January

Great.

Now the nation gets to hear Chicago's favorite chant, "Detroit Sucks".

If you go over to the Hawks message board you will find people who think that the Hawks could be in the Stanley Cup Final now because they were able to beat Detroit in the season series. I almost linked it back here, but decided against it.

It will be fun to see the Wings in an outdoor game. Looks like back-to-back nights for the Red Wings, because the Wings traditionally play on New Years Eve night, too.

anyone up for taking a train to chicago from Ann arbor?

Thats exactly what me and my girlfriend are going to do if we can snag some tickets! my bro got tickets for like 10 bucks one time on the train to chicago. Not to shabby. I'd spend more than that on gas pulling out of my driveway! i'm sure they will be more expensive though around christmas time...kind of sucks, but still going to be worth it!

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...lay_outdoo.html

Reports out of Chicago, confirmed by TSN, indicate the Red Wings will play the Blackhawks in an outdoor game in Chicago in January, either at Wrigley Field or Soldier Field. But Wings general manager Ken Holland told me it's not official.

"It's not a done deal, but it's a possibility,'' Holland said. "We have some interest, but there's a bunch of hoops to jump through. A lot of things needs to fall into place.''

The Wings are reluctant to play on Jan. 1 because they would be unable to host their traditional New Year's Eve game at Joe Louis Arena.

He's also concerned that if the Wings play an outdoor game on the road it could affect their ability to host a future outdoor game, if in fact they decide they would like to host an outdoor game.

very excited about this, but id hate that we would have to give up our new years eve game cause those are usually pretty fun. and also i think this would ruin our chances as Detroit to host any outdoor game for the next 20 odd years. You have to figure every team will have to play in an outdoor game before detroit can do so again, and if they only do it once a year that could be a lonnnnng time before we get a chance to host it.

Too bad Chicago have to be invovled, would've rathered Toronto/Detroit, but nonetheless this is great news!

I would love to see it as the Hawks and Detroit. Its a great match up

Great news for a Red Wing fan in Green Bay, WI! I'll be making the trip for sure!

car pool ???

i am already on getting hotels ... the gf works for a hotel in GB and gets dope discounts on rooms ...

maybe its just me but this year was the first year i went the new years eve game and it kind of wasn't anything special really. i would much rather see them do the outdoor game then the new years eve game.

This put me back in a good mood after last night...I live 2 blocks from Wrigley- I'll get to WALK to the game, unbelievable! Anyone have any idea when tickets would go on sale and for how much??

I'd assume that whenever Hawks single game tickets go on sale, they will be available, or maybe even their the Wrigley box office over the summer.

I'd rather have a doubleheader at the BigHouse

Michigan vs. Michigan State

Red Wings vs. Leafs

Ive also heard Babs talking about this possible match up, and I think the Red management wants this to happen to.

Why don't they do this? Attendance records? USA vs Canada? Two excellent collegiate programs? It would showcase hockey better than anything else with the exception of Boston at New York at Yankee stadium, but that doesn't look realistic at this point.

Not that I'm unhappy with Chicago vs Detroit, but we've seen them play so much these last years, and its time for a change.

I'm happy for a Wrigley field thing, its cool, but I'd rather wait so we can host the mother of all hockey games.