• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
katiephd

Wings vs Leafs on October 9th

Rate this topic

The full NHL schedule for 2008-09 will be released in mid-July, and it will show the Maple Leafs opening up the regular season with a game at Detroit on Thursday, October 9th — the start of the Red Wings’ Stanley Cup defence. (more)

Acquiring a certain Swede would make that game just a bit more interesting, don't you think?

Also, I'm sort of dying to see the rest of the schedule. Mid-July (whatever that means) can't come soon enough.

Acquiring a certain Swede would make that game just a bit more interesting, don't you think?

Also, I'm sort of dying to see the rest of the schedule. Mid-July (whatever that means) can't come soon enough.

Should be an easy win for a good start to the season. Haven't seen Toronto play in forever.

Is that so Toronto can finally get to watch a banner being raised?

HA owned!! October 9th is a little late for me. Last year it was Oct. 3rd. That's like 6 days later. That's almost a week!!! :scared: I'm already suffering from hockey deprivation.

This is such a great way to kick of the season. With the Wings not having any real rival at this point, there's nothing better than the most bitter rivals of all-time opening a season against one another.

4-1 Wings

Zata, Kronwall, Lids, Hudler

The Janitor (I don't know who they even have left after their recent fire sale/ buyouts)

Wait...too soon for a GDT prediction?

Jesus! How bad do you think the Wings defense is if the Leafs Janitor can put one by us? :lol:

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

well...it's where the leafs are kicking off their season...

not necessarily ours, though it does say it'll be the 'start of our defense'

traditionally the conference finalists meet in the 1st game, though ofc that doesn't always happen

This is such a great way to kick of the season. With the Wings not having any real rival at this point, there's nothing better than the most bitter rivals of all-time opening a season against one another.

Jesus! How bad do you think the Wings defense is if the Leafs Janitor can put one by us? :lol:

Well, with all that mopping and sweeping, he developed a mean slap shot :cool:

Awesome news I for one will be there. I saw Wings VS Leafs in February and yeah we all know what happened there, Cleary got hit in the face by Samelsson and they lost in OT..... Revenge baby :ranting:

GO WINGS!

Edited by redwingfan19

This may REALLY SUCK! Might mean the boys start the season on the road. 10-1 they open the season OCt 6th in Pittsburgh. Monday night, Versus will carry it.

Why in the hell do the candian teams get a home and home with each other and we are probably stuck with Colu, St Louis, and Carolina?

Edited by lfd250

This may REALLY SUCK! Might mean the boys start the season on the road. 10-1 they open the season OCt 6th in Pittsburgh. Monday night, Versus will carry it.

Why in the hell do the candian teams get a home and home with each other and we are probably stuck with Colu, St Louis, and Carolina?

OP says the game will be the first for the Wings too - "start of the Stanley Cup defense" and all that. So it sounds like Wings-Leafs at the Joe opens up the season. Thursday night is a great night for it too.

Did I miss somewhere in the previous posts, but where is this game being played? Cause I am actually planning a trip to Detroit that is including a visit to Toronto in October. Please somebody tell me, I am really stoked about them playing.

Did I miss somewhere in the previous posts, but where is this game being played? Cause I am actually planning a trip to Detroit that is including a visit to Toronto in October. Please somebody tell me, I am really stoked about them playing.

Looks to be a home game. ;)

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...ing_toward.html (towards bottom of page)

Odds & ends

Holland told the agents for Aaron Downey and Darren McCarty that he is interested in bringing them back but isn't going to make offers until after July 1. Ideally, he would like to sign them to two-way contracts, where they would earn less if sent to Grand Rapids. ... Unless there is a change before the schedule is released in mid-July, the Red Wings will open the regular season at home on Oct. 9 against Toronto. The game, which will feature the Stanley Cup banner-raising ceremony, will be shown on Versus and a special edition of Hockey Night in Canada. ... The 2008-09 salary cap was officially set Thursday at $56.7 million, up from $50.3 million last season. The Red Wings have about $40 million committed to 16 players.