• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

13dats

Happy 30th B-Day to Pavel Datsyuk!

Rate this topic

The stuff he does just defies the laws of physics. Happy birthday Pavel!

Those videos are great - but watching the games? It always makes me laugh to see how much room a D-man will give him off the boards. "f*** it - I'm gonna back off and go stand next to my goalkeep. I'm not making that highlight reel!"

He gets plenty of space, and for a reason.

Brett Hull wishes him a happy B-day, everyday.

Absolutely awesome video - thanks for posting. Watching it reminds me of Lionel Messi of Barcelona, team-mates call him the playstation footballer because of his incredible dribbling abilty. Pavel Datsyuk is surely the Playstation Hockey player?

Damn! He's 30 already?

He came late to the NHL don't forget. He was 23 in his rookie season if my maths are correct.

Absolutely awesome video - thanks for posting. Watching it reminds me of Lionel Messi of Barcelona, team-mates call him the playstation footballer because of his incredible dribbling abilty. Pavel Datsyuk is surely the Playstation Hockey player?

He came late to the NHL don't forget. He was 23 in his rookie season if my maths are correct.

If this is your own work, then I fully support it!

yea I noticed the russian/european hockey philosophy differs from that of us north americans - they have the belief in there's no big hurry to get the puck out on the ice - and often they join the nhl it seems on a bit average later.

in north america its like they wanna see kids pushing a puck as soon as possible so they can score.

thats why u see like 18 year old North american rookie in the nhl and like european/russia 23 year old rookies.

Just a thought....

By the end of his career will people think he is better than Fedorov was.....or Bure/Mogilny?

Could he arguably become the greatest russian to ever play in the NHL (Larionov/Makarov aside as they didn't play their entire career in the NHL)

Just a thought....

By the end of his career will people think he is better than Fedorov was.....or Bure/Mogilny?

Could he arguably become the greatest russian to ever play in the NHL (Larionov/Makarov aside as they didn't play their entire career in the NHL)

Ovechkin?

Ovechkin?

Yes I was thought about him but I see Datsyuk potentially being great like Larionov, while Ovechkin will be great like Bure/Fedorov.

Both can control the game, but in different styles.

Dear Pasha,

I know you might think turning 30 is old. It's not. I prefer to think of you as being like a fine wine, improving with age. I can tell you from experience that it's not so bad. Wait til you hit 50, then we'll talk. ;)

Cherish all the good things in this life, my friend...Cherish your family, your friends, laughter, joy and love. They don't last forever. Never forget, at least once a day, to tell the ones you love how you feel. To hear the words, "I love you" means a lot. Some of us rarely hear them.

I hope your birthday is as wonderful and special as you are. Always know that the fans of Detroit appreciate you.

Pat

Yes I was thought about him but I see Datsyuk potentially being great like Larionov, while Ovechkin will be great like Bure/Fedorov.

Both can control the game, but in different styles.

Well, NHL-wise, Datsyuk is better than Larionov. However, Larionov's Russian league dominance can resemble Bure and Fedorov's NHL dominance.

But whatever... Happy b-day Pav! 30 years old and only better years will come.

So...shall we road trip to nail him with the shaving cream?

Happy Birthday, Pavel, and many more!

Road trip??? I'm in!!!!!! Shaving cream? Maybe whipped cream instead - so much tastier if you happen to get a face full. ;)

Happy b-day Pavel! :)

I hope plays as long as Larionov did, I want atleast 10 more years of Datsyuk's magic.

With the way he plays, I think it's definitely possible, he's not very prone to injuries.