• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BlueMonk

The hockey fight fan thread

Rate this topic

Time to get this thread started. I'll go first.

Rough night for Zach Bogosian, playing in his first ever NHL game and having to take a beating from Donald Brashear. Circle the remaining Atlanta-Washington games on the calendar.

Brashear is a complete and utter coward. Bogosian is just a kid trying to make his way in this league and that was a perfectly clean check. Brashear was just taking out his frustrations after his team got their asses handed to them. I really hope Karma pays a visit to Brashear soon.

I was watching the Atlanta-Washington game & was appalled by Brashear. What a coward. The Atlanta announcers said that for Bogosian it was a "win" - because he skated off the ice on his own after the "fight". haha! He survived it, didn't want to fight him (duh!), but once he realized Brashear was throwing them, he at least tried to protect himself & TRIED to throw a couple back, but not to much avail. The only good thing is that Bogosian survived it.

I cannot stand Brashear. He's a loser and a guy who will never win anything in his life. T go after a kid in his first NHL game, makes me sick.

Callahan and Frasor went out of nowhere yesterday in the CHI/NYR game, I'd say win Callahan, but it wasnt much. I also loved the fact that Bernier stood up for Henrik Sedin when Phaneuf leveled him. That's good hockey.

I cannot stand Brashear. He's a loser and a guy who will never win anything in his life. T go after a kid in his first NHL game, makes me sick.

Callahan and Frasor went out of nowhere yesterday in the CHI/NYR game, I'd say win Callahan, but it wasnt much. I also loved the fact that Bernier stood up for Henrik Sedin when Phaneuf leveled him. That's good hockey.

Yup and Hansen backing up Luongo. He's the antithesis of a fighter. The 'nucks looked pretty good.

Yup and Hansen backing up Luongo. He's the antithesis of a fighter. The 'nucks looked pretty good.

That's true team toughness. Not the kind people tend to make fun of on here, actually fighting and sticking up for teamates, good stuff.

I think there's gonna be a couple scraps tonight looking at the schedule. I'm so glad hockeys back!

Brashear is pathetic. I think random gorilla is smarter than this loser.

I don't think you meant it like that, but be prepared to get called a racist :rolleyes:

I kinda liked the fight. Welcome to the NHL, kid. I mean, I didn't like it, but I thought it was funny in a really mean way.

I don't like Brashear, but this fight needs to be taken in context. The guy head-butted him and deserved the beating he got.

Id headbutt Brashear if I had the chance...this isnt the first time hes beaten someone whilst theyre down...

I like Brashear, and I don't mind what he did last night either. In a 7-4 game, Bogosian threw a pretty hard hit from behind (nothing overly dangerous) on a Caps player (I believe Steckel), Brashear went after him and got the better of him. Nothing brutal, no real damage down, and he didn't go all out once the linesmen showed up. Good job by Bogosian to play hard and answer the bell and good job by Brashear to let a young Bogosian know that those type of hits aren't necessary nor will they be accepted against the Caps, Bogosian will remember this next time Brashear is on the ice (imagine that, eh).

Brashear is a total dick but he's also a great entertainer and a really intimidating enforcer, no complains here.

I like Brashear, and I don't mind what he did last night either. In a 7-4 game, Bogosian threw a pretty hard hit from behind (nothing overly dangerous) on a Caps player (I believe Steckel), Brashear went after him and got the better of him. Nothing brutal, no real damage down, and he didn't go all out once the linesmen showed up. Good job by Bogosian to play hard and answer the bell and good job by Brashear to let a young Bogosian know that those type of hits aren't necessary nor will they be accepted against the Caps, Bogosian will remember this next time Brashear is on the ice (imagine that, eh).

Brashear is a total dick but he's also a great entertainer and a really intimidating enforcer, no complains here.

Huggy-Bear is entertaining?

Wow, that's something I never thought I'd hear about Brashear.

Canucks at Flames is scrum after scrum w/ every whistle.

Iginla already got a solid TKO win over Mitchell. Solid left hook on the chin and Willie buckled and covered up. Amazingly Willie got Jarome to take the lid off during the square-off. Pretty good tilt.

Good fight between Mitchell and Iginla tonight in the 1st period. I'll try to find a youtube tonight sometime.

To summarize: Mitchell got Iginla's jersey over his head and was laying some heavy ones on him but then Iginla got his head uncovered and dropped Mitchell with one solid left hook.

Huggy-Bear is entertaining?

Wow, that's something I never thought I'd hear about Brashear.

He's entertaining in the sense that he's a loose cannon and gives you a reason to watch blowout games. And his fighting style may be boring at times but he only hugs for a few seconds until he gets his piston left going... he gets a little too much flack for a guy who went toe to toe with Orr and Thornton last year, his styles more entertaining than Laraque for sure