• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BlueMonk

The hockey fight fan thread

Rate this topic

How about McCarty back in the lineup for Wed for a bout with DJ King?

King will be out for quite some time for shoulder surgery so they plucked David Koci off waivers.

Must not have been comfortable with just having Jansen.

Great battle between Orr and Boulton tonight. It was tiring just watching it.

Orr was more active but Boulton landed the bigger shots.

Darcey Tucker and Derek Dorsett also had a pretty good scrap.

Dorsett looks like last years version of Boll.

We've let this thing die, time to resuscitate it.

With all the hype surrounding Steve MacIntyre (who's out with a broken orbital bone suffered in a fight with Godard), another giant, Mitch Fritz, has quietly made a name for himself. Despite a shiner suffered in his tilt with Laraque, Fritz got the better of the fight and has generally looked like a beast.

Anyone have a clip of the Lilja-Boll fight? I can't find one anywhere.

We've let this thing die, time to resuscitate it.

With all the hype surrounding Steve MacIntyre (who's out with a broken orbital bone suffered in a fight with Godard), another giant, Mitch Fritz, has quietly made a name for himself. Despite a shiner suffered in his tilt with Laraque, Fritz got the better of the fight and has generally looked like a beast.

Anyone have a clip of the Lilja-Boll fight? I can't find one anywhere.

Fritz is a giant monster right now. He might be even bigger than Boogaard and he's already beaten Laraque, which Boogard never has.

As for Lilja/Boll, rumor has it that Boll has worked hard with his lawyers to find a way to remove all copies of that fight from ever being distributed out to the public.

Lilja vs Boll

Can't help to think Lilja has some real boom in him (just look at that first right), he just can't seem to get it out of him. He's a lightweight's mind in a heavyweight's body.

Photos of some scraps this year on Fox Sports' Web site that you all might like. Enjoy...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/pgStory?conte...p;photo=8834150

I never thought I'd see you posting in this thread, but those were some great photos, so thanks!

The fighter with the best face during fights was always Tie Domi, because he would smile at his opponents in the middle of fights, which looked hilarious and rather unusual.

Also, Lilja has a great fight face, since he always looks like he's getting ready to murder someone when he drops the gloves.

Lilja vs Boll

Can't help to think Lilja has some real boom in him (just look at that first right), he just can't seem to get it out of him. He's a lightweight's mind in a heavyweight's body.

Dude, what are you talking about?

That fight looked like sexual submission right there. Lilja should have been wearing a dominatrix outfit with the way he manhandled poor Jared Boll.

Dude, what are you talking about?

That fight looked like sexual submission right there. Lilja should have been wearing a dominatrix outfit with the way he manhandled poor Jared Boll.

Oh I agree! I was talking in general terms. This fight is exactly what I want to see from him more often.

Hands down fight of the year, lock the thread :beerbuddy:

WOW!!! What a great fight. That would go old school catagories, Probert! Kocur! Wow I love that they both took of thier helmets from the get go! I am stoked and this gives me slight hope for real fighting to come back in the NHL!!!!!!!

I'm a bit of a stat-head and decided to chart the relationship between team fighting majors and record. I used team FMs from hockeyfights.com as of today for the FM totals. For record, I calculated the percentage of possible points each team had earned. This adjust for differences in games played. Here are the results:

post-3053-1228370174_thumb.jpg

Orr and Rupp had a good go earlier in that game...with the score 5-1 not even at the halfway point it could get ugly.

Clarkson kickin' some ass in the Ranger game! He beat Voros down!

I dug this thread out from like the 5th or 6th page!

:beerbuddy:

esteef

I lasted about 5 minutes while watching the Wings and Stars, switched to Bruins and Thrashers and got there just in time to see Lucic and Boulton have a go... nothing much, Lucic fell. Good to see Lucic fighting a legit heavyweight for a change though.

Edited by skacore

Guest GordieSid&Ted
I think Carcillo is the only guy in this league that still throws punches in attempt to actually hurt the opponent.

I'd add Derek Boogaard to your list.

And speaking of Boogey, has anybody noticed how big some of these guys are getting. Boogey ain't the only big boy in town anymore.

Islanders' Mitch Fritz 6 foot 8, like 260lbs

Thrashers Boris Valabik (just 22 years old) 6 foot 7 about 250lbs

Steve McKenna was a real tall heavyweight a few years back. But he looked so lanky and wasn't a great fighter. Boogey was the first extremely tall and heavy fighter I had ever seen at 6-7 and once listed at 270lbs.

I wonder if the day will ever come when we'll see a 6-8 or 6-10, 285 maybe 290 lb, Shaquille O'Neal sized heavyweight. s***, who would fight the guy?

This was posted in the GDT from last night's game, but belongs here. TKO win for Crombeen over Dorsett!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />