• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pinkprincess027

Kings claim Quincey

Rate this topic

Good luck to him.

I find it hard to believe we're going to get nothing for him...

It's a bummer, but wasn't he out of options? If so, I'm not really surprised, everyone knew we were trying to move him and if we couldn't he'd go on waivers. He's just not a good enough prospect that someone would give up a pick to get first crack at him, I think other teams were probably content to wait and see if they could get him on waivers, and if someone else got him first, so be it. Of course that's assuming anyone picks him up at all ...

I'm genuinely suprised Holland could get nothing for him.

With Detroit so up against the cap no team was going to make a a fair trade, any smart GM would be saying no and forcing Detroit to waive him so they can put in a claim and get him for free.

I don't think he had a chance of making regular roster so it's good for him

to get out and have a shot on playing regular minutes in NHL.

I'm not surprised we weren't able to get any return value for him. the positive

thing here is this move helps saturating waiver market. which in turn may later

in the season lead to impossibility of dealing extra players by other GM's and

will prevent them from increasing their cap space. but that's a long shot

With Detroit so up against the cap no team was going to make a a fair trade, any smart GM would be saying no and forcing Detroit to waive him so they can put in a claim and get him for free.

Yea but the teams with the worst record last year get first crack at him in order, so wouldnt some team further down that list give up a late round pick for him?

As much as I would like to see Quincey stay within the organization, it's only fair for him and his career to move somewhere else. He won't get paid nearly as much with the Wings, and his chances of developing into a full time NHLer are much higher with another team. I actually am hoping, for Quincey's sake, that he is claimed, but with the number of waiver claims these past few weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get claimed.

Guest Crymson
Good luck to him.

I find it hard to believe we're going to get nothing for him...

Yeah. We totally should have traded him and Hudler and a 1st for Kopitar. Yeah, baby, yeah!

Ho ho ho.

Quincey being waived is more an indication that Holland make the right choice of which Dman to get rid of than anything. Obviously, there was zero competition for the kid and if one lowly team wants him, then they'll get their chance.

Good luck to him.

It's a bummer, but wasn't he out of options? If so, I'm not really surprised, everyone knew we were trying to move him and if we couldn't he'd go on waivers. He's just not a good enough prospect that someone would give up a pick to get first crack at him, I think other teams were probably content to wait and see if they could get him on waivers, and if someone else got him first, so be it. Of course that's assuming anyone picks him up at all ...

Its amazing how many people on here rip this kid saying hes not good, but 99.9% of them have only seen him play once.... Why will a team give a pick for him when they know Detroit has to dump someone to make cap room. Common sense people, so Holland ended up just letting him go. Somebody got a good young prospect for their team.

Worse move ever and Id say so because, giving up a kid whos gunna be top 2 pairings stay at home D man for NOTHING is horrid, its not like they moved him in this case because there was need, but for the what if they need a 3rd goalie. They should have waited and found SOMETHING for him...

Guest LivingtheDream
Was signing Chelios worth losing Qunicey for nothing? I'm not a happy camper.

There you go! Spot on. Chelios is washed up and this sucks. We will see soon enough that Chelios is history.

I liked Quincy. In the 2007 playoffs I thought he was solid. Does that mean stellar? Different. He was dependable and played smart. Unlike many of our D (Lebda, Lilja, Chelios and even Kronvall sometimes) he DID NOT f*** up and lose a game. I think it spoke volumes about his potential to be a solid D. Not screwing up on D is, in my opinion, something important in the playoffs.