• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2008-09 College Hoops Thread

Rate this topic

Saw a Big Ten Preview for college hoops the other day and it got me fired up for the upcoming year.

I am looking forward to the Spartans this year. The Big Ten will be down this year but it should be wide open, and there for Michigan State to take.

Lucas, Allen and Summers are now in their 2nd year and they have to step up and show why they are recruited highly. Morgan has to lead this team and average around 20 pts per game or more.

Realisitically if this team makes strides this year...the following year they will have a lot of senior-junior talent which should allow them to be National Title contenders. Everyone already knows they have one of the best college coaches to lead them to a title.

Curious to see how Ohio State does with their young kids. Mullens is a freaking stud. Wisconsin should be the biggest challenge to MSU's big ten title the most.

I think Purdue is the team to beat, but I wouldn't count out MSU. Wisconsin will be solid like usual too. It never matters who they lose player wise, because Bo Ryan is a good coach. I'm excited to watch U-M improve. They will struggle again, and really lack the big men with Udoh transferring, but hopefully they can make the NIT. I really like what I hear about John Beilein. I think he's going to do good things....

What a surprise a MSU fan started this thread (:

Nationally I have to pick UNC to win it all. Tar Heels might go wire-to-wire #1 as well. They are loaded with talent and return the nation's best player in Tyler Hansbrough.

North Carolina cuts down the nets in Ford Field in April 2009!!!

Edited by timothy1997

Anyone catch the UM-MTech game yesterday? If there's any doubt Manny Harris is one of the best players in the Big Ten, I'd say it was mostly erased yesterday, although I'll hold off judging the offense til they play a D-I opponent (tonight against Northeastern.)

Anyone catch the UM-MTech game yesterday? If there's any doubt Manny Harris is one of the best players in the Big Ten, I'd say it was mostly erased yesterday, although I'll hold off judging the offense til they play a D-I opponent (tonight against Northeastern.)

I watched all three games this season against NE, MTU, and SVSU. Manny has improved a lot. He still likes to force things, but you can definitely see an improvement in his all around game, and his numbers have been very impressive. Douglas/Novak seem like good additions too. They are average on D, but they both are not afraid to stroke it, and they seem to fit nicely so far.

From watching all three games they are HORRIBLE at rebounding, but I guess that is expected since they are playing such a small lineup, and from what I've read thats one of the cons of playing the 1-3-1. We'll see how they react next week, because I think UCLA is due in this Coaches/Cancer tourney.

I watched all three games this season against NE, MTU, and SVSU. Manny has improved a lot. He still likes to force things, but you can definitely see an improvement in his all around game, and his numbers have been very impressive. Douglas/Novak seem like good additions too. They are average on D, but they both are not afraid to stroke it, and they seem to fit nicely so far.

From watching all three games they are HORRIBLE at rebounding, but I guess that is expected since they are playing such a small lineup, and from what I've read thats one of the cons of playing the 1-3-1. We'll see how they react next week, because I think UCLA is due in this Coaches/Cancer tourney.

Northeastern kept it close in the first half because they absolutely owned the boards. It was ugly. Beilein must have made an adjustment or two at halftime because the second half was much better.

I'm not expecting anything other than a blowout against UCLA. If M keeps it within 20 I'll be surprised.

Northeastern kept it close in the first half because they absolutely owned the boards. It was ugly. Beilein must have made an adjustment or two at halftime because the second half was much better.

I'm not expecting anything other than a blowout against UCLA. If M keeps it within 20 I'll be surprised.

It's really too bad they couldn't have a easier non conference schedule. I love playing the Dukes and UCLAs, but just like last year I don't think the team needs it. I know last season their non conference was in the top 5 for toughest, and I'm sure it is up there again. MSU also has a very difficult one, but if U-M was in their shoes I would love playing all those teams. I guess what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!

Must be. The roles are a little bit reversed this year; normally MSU fans are thinking basketball by October.

Ah no! MSU will have a better year in college hoops than Michigan.

All it will take is a few losses to teams any respectable hoops program should beat. Here is Michigan's teams to make sure they beat in the next few weeks:

Norfolk State

Savannah State

Eastern Michigan

Oakland

Florida Gulf Coast

NC Central

No one is gonna be surprised if Michigan can't get past UCLA, Duke or Maryland..but you gotta get pasted all of those above mentioned teams.

Ah no! MSU will have a better year in college hoops than Michigan.

All it will take is a few losses to teams any respectable hoops program should beat. Here is Michigan's teams to make sure they beat in the next few weeks:

Norfolk State

Savannah State

Eastern Michigan

Oakland

Florida Gulf Coast

NC Central

No one is gonna be surprised if Michigan can't get past UCLA, Duke or Maryland..but you gotta get pasted all of those above mentioned teams.

He didn't say they were completely reversed. He said "a little" meaning we are improving. You are right though Michigan needs to win those games listed before the big ones, but I will say right now don't be shocked if U-M loses to Oakland. I think they can play in the tourney this season. That game will be interesting though because it will be played at Ford Field, and will be the first time Lavel Lucas Perry can play, who sounds like the real deal.

Fantastic game. Fantastic. I dunno what Stu Douglass is thinking sometimes, but, yay! It shouldn't have even been that close. The team has some growing up to do - they bungled a few fast breaks because of trying to make the fancy play. As these guys mature they'll learn that style points don't make it to the scoreboard.

I can't wait to see how they do against Dook. I mean, Dook should probably destroy them, I don't think M has an answer for Kyle Singler. But then again, UCLA was supposed to beat them too. So you never know.

It's crazy what a year does. I know there's TONS of basketball to be played, and this team is still probably NIT bound, but I watched almost every game last season, and thought to myself "Will this 1-3-1, or crazy offense ever work?" Haven't felt this good about Michigan since the FLA bowl game. Awesome win. I agree on Downtown Douglass. I really wonder what the heck he's doing sometimes, but the kid has balls. That questionable 3 he took probably was the difference.