• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2008-09 College Hoops Thread

Rate this topic

I went to put my dancing shoes on, and they didn't fit!!!

I think Michigan/Clemson could could be a fantastic game. I think it was the CBS guys hinting at that too. Neither have big men so there should be a lot of pushing the court. If they win that sucks about playing Blake Griffin, but not really worried about that right now!

Trevor Booker of Clemson is going to be an interesting matchup for DeShawn Sims, and by interesting I mean "dammit." Booker can step out and hit the three better than Sims can, and he was runner-up for ACC DPOY. I think if Michigan's going to win, Sims will have to at best cancel out Booker and it'll be absolutely mandatory that Manny have a good game and win the battle against K.C. Rivers. Clemson likes to shoot the three almost as much as Michigan does so in a sense it's a matchup of two very similar teams. I think Clemson clearly has more talent, but they always fold like laundry at the end of the season after a hot start.

Trevor Booker of Clemson is going to be an interesting matchup for DeShawn Sims, and by interesting I mean "dammit." Booker can step out and hit the three better than Sims can, and he was runner-up for ACC DPOY. I think if Michigan's going to win, Sims will have to at best cancel out Booker and it'll be absolutely mandatory that Manny have a good game and win the battle against K.C. Rivers. Clemson likes to shoot the three almost as much as Michigan does so in a sense it's a matchup of two very similar teams. I think Clemson clearly has more talent, but they always fold like laundry at the end of the season after a hot start.

Thanks for that. I've been trying to find out stuff about them tonight. I got the impression too that Booker was like Sims except better. This sounds like stupid, common sense but if U-M wants to win they need to make their shots. Simple, but there really isn't another way to explain it since they live/die by it in most cases.

You know, normally I get excited for March Madness. But now I've seen the light and think that college basketball needs to change. I mean, the whole excitement of the tournament and Cinderella teams is just pointless. I mean, who wants to see a school like George Mason in the Final Four. I only want to see the best teams, if some underdog gets in, it means we don't really get to see the best teams. I think the NCAA should adopt the BCS system for basketball and let the computers determine who the two best basketball teams in the country are and just let them play. It works so well for football, right?

No.

;)

I was with you until the BCS part. My problem with college hoops is most of these college basketball powers are "paid for". If you do the research you can find all kinds of stories. Guys like Calapari, and Self are dirty cheaters. I know this happens in football as well, but with AAU leagues college basketball is in much worse shape. Seriously, I'm all for nailing Michigan because they cheated, but if you are going to let everything else slide under the rug what is the point?

I was with you until the BCS part. My problem with college hoops is most of these college basketball powers are "paid for". If you do the research you can find all kinds of stories. Guys like Calapari, and Self are dirty cheaters. I know this happens in football as well, but with AAU leagues college basketball is in much worse shape. Seriously, I'm all for nailing Michigan because they cheated, but if you are going to let everything else slide under the rug what is the point?

Yeah, college basketball is a slimy world. The NCAA only seems to get involved if they absolutely have to. In Michigan's case, when you have the FBI involved, it pretty much makes it impossible to look the other way. Of course, every few years the Detroit media has no problem churning out of fluff stories on one of the dirtiest programs in NCAA hoops history. Or fun events like the Fab Five Reunion.

At least you guys have a good coach now. Not that I want to see Michigan win or anything. But Beilein should make UM respectable and keep them out of trouble.

Heck of a game by East Tennessee today. That's a textbook example of why you need to be able to hit your free throws.

Yeah, college basketball is a slimy world. The NCAA only seems to get involved if they absolutely have to. In Michigan's case, when you have the FBI involved, it pretty much makes it impossible to look the other way. Of course, every few years the Detroit media has no problem churning out of fluff stories on one of the dirtiest programs in NCAA hoops history. Or fun events like the Fab Five Reunion.

At least you guys have a good coach now. Not that I want to see Michigan win or anything. But Beilein should make UM respectable and keep them out of trouble.

Heck of a game by East Tennessee today. That's a textbook example of why you need to be able to hit your free throws.

Pitt is my champion. I'd have been pissed if they'd lost. In any other scenario I'd have been all over ETSU.

It amazes me that this team doesn't even have junior high basics down. You don't run up and then hold the ball before midcourt so that you're forced to make desperate passes. Furthermore, you make adjustments so that you don't do it for an entire half and 2 overtimes.

Also it's pretty pathetic to get outrebounded that badly by a MAAC team whose tallest player is what, 6'6"?

Took a lot of losses in the first round, but none that were going any further than that. So I'm still in OK shape. Picked two upsets and one missed by a point (Utah State) and the other pulled it out in OT (Wisconsin.) Not a good year to be a 5 seed - then again, it never is.

Found something out about Michigan's game - in the 32 matchups historically between 2 seeds and 10 seeds, the 2 seed is only 17-15. That's basically a toss-up.

I have had a busy weekend so I've missed a lot of March Madness but I think my bracket is in decent shape. WVU really messed mine up, because I had them beating MSU later on, and of course I got Wake wrong. There's a few others too, but not sure which ones.

And I have to say great season by Michigan. Who would have thought this would have happened before the season started?

What a game today by Travis Walton, 18 points, a career high! It was definetely an ugly win today. But that's why I like this Spartan team. If someone isn't playing well, like Morgan, someone else always seems to step up.