• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2008-09 College Hoops Thread

Rate this topic

And now the most annoying Final Four in history will commence...

It's ok, little sister. Don't be bitter.

Anybody know of any other times that a 'home' team has made it to the FF?

Duke played in Charlotte in 94. Kansas played in KC in 88. Purdue played in Indy in 80. It happens.

Anyone want to question this team's heart? This team can play with anyone, anytime.

The 2005 run has always been my fav MSU run in that they were a 5th seed and made an amazing run thru Austin, beating both Duke and Kentucky in the same weekend to get to the final four. That regional final against Kentucky was the craziest MSU game i have ever seen.

This team is ranking right up there in their run to the final four. I am impressed with Izzo in how is outcoaching the competition in the likes of Self and Pitno.

Get ready Detroit, the Spartans are heading home.

And now the most annoying Final Four in history will commence...

Anybody know of any other times that a 'home' team has made it to the FF?

Talk about being bitter, envy. Guess everyone is envious of MSU's sports programs lately. GO GREEN!! GO WHITE!!

I dont get how Michigan fans can hate Izzo. He runs a first-class team, his kids tend to stay there all 4 years, never a peep of scrutiny of program violations. Easily one of the top 5 coaches in college hoops.

I don't know of any U-M fans who hate Izzo. I'm sure there is some, because some fans will hate a coach/player just because of the school attached. I know I don't. I'm not an Izzo lover, but I really respect him. I'm not going to lie though I was starting to question him until this year. I thought he was starting to lose it due to the Big 10 title drought along with other things, but he proved me wrong.

I used to say the same thing about Lloyd Carr. Yeah, he was grumpy but he did things the right way and if you ever met him you were blown away.

I dont get how Michigan fans can hate Izzo. He runs a first-class team, his kids tend to stay there all 4 years, never a peep of scrutiny of program violations. Easily one of the top 5 coaches in college hoops.

Because he runs a first-class team, his kids tend to stay there all 4 years, never a peep of scrutiny of program violations. Easily one of the top 5 coaches in college hoops.

No seriously, I don't have too many bad things to say about Izzo. I have a ton of respect for him. But if you don't understand how anyone could hate him, go back in time two and a half years and read the RCMB thread on Bo Schembechler's passing and you'll learn a little bit about true hate. All the stuff you said about Izzo was true for Bo. It's why Blak admitted the bitterness of MSU football fans. He's right - you guys aren't so bitter in basketball, you're just green versions of Michigan football fans ;)

http://blog.mlive.com/ganggreen/2009/04/jo...ng.html#preview

This article really mad me mad (It has been corrected since), but still. Beilein was on Sportcenter today, and said he was rooting for MSU, and he also said on WTKA Izzo hasn't called him as of now. Yet some idiot always has to stir the pot.

That's nothing compared to what Rob Parker did today.

Gang Green is a pretty good blog, and they owned up and admitted their mistake. Jebus I can't wait until Saturday. If we get by UConn, I'm contemplating driving to Detroit.

That's nothing compared to what Rob Parker did today.

Gang Green is a pretty good blog, and they owned up and admitted their mistake. Jebus I can't wait until Saturday. If we get by UConn, I'm contemplating driving to Detroit.

I was watching that live today. Parker is an idiot. I can't believe ESPN lets a guy on the air who has been demoted 4 times, and has a history of making up bogus news because of his bad "sources". Well now that I think about it it makes perfect sense why he's on ESPN. That station is full of idiots.

I was watching that live today. Parker is an idiot. I can't believe ESPN lets a guy on the air who has been demoted 4 times, and has a history of making up bogus news because of his bad "sources". Well now that I think about it it makes perfect sense why he's on ESPN. That station is full of idiots.

Considering it was Dantonio that cost Parker his job at the Detroit News, it's not too surprising he doesn't have nice things to say about MSU. Supposedly Valenti ripped him a new one on the Sportsinferno today. I'll have to listen to the podcast.

What did Parker do this time?

I don't remember all of it, but he basically said the following...

-Jud got lucky with Magic

-Izzo goes to finals fours, but never wins it all

-He will never win another National Championship

-His style is boring (compared it to Woody Hayes)

-His success if because was Michigan was down for 15 years

-Then Skip "dumbass" Bayless said after he has "a loose screw in his head"

-Afterwards Parker ended it in Parker fashion by saying "I don't have an ax to grind with Izzo"

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

Considering it was Dantonio that cost Parker his job at the Detroit News, it's not too surprising he doesn't have nice things to say about MSU. Supposedly Valenti ripped him a new one on the Sportsinferno today. I'll have to listen to the podcast.

That was one of the only times I've agreed with Dantonio. I know Cousins, and what Parker said about him is slander (Dantonio said the same words). That is busch league. You don't make that up about someone, because Cousins is probably the closest thing you can get to Tim Tebow on that roster (not talent, but off the field actions).

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

I think he also said something along the lines of he doesn't like Izzo personally.

And now that I think it about it, IIRC he didn't get fired for the Cousins incident, just suspended. It was the comments to Marinelli that got him fired.

I think he also said something along the lines of he doesn't like Izzo personally.

And now that I think it about it, IIRC he didn't get fired for the Cousins incident, just suspended. It was the comments to Marinelli that got him fired.

Yes that is all right....

I don't remember all of it, but he basically said the following...

-Jud got lucky with Magic

-Izzo goes to finals fours, but never wins it all

-He will never win another National Championship

-His style is boring (compared it to Woody Hayes)

-His success if because was Michigan was down for 15 years

-Then Skip "dumbass" Bayless said after he has "a loose screw in his head"

-Afterwards Parker ended it in Parker fashion by saying "I don't have an ax to grind with Izzo"

If only even half of that were true. Parker's a disgrace to the profession.