• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Blood On The Ice

MO Cheese

Rate this topic

Saturday was the first game I had a chance to go, and I did notice that he wasn't there. I also noticed that there was some young guy announcing the goals, and not Bud.

afaik Bud hasn't announced at all this year...

just the "1 minute left in the 1st period" things which are obvioulsy pre-recorded...

i wonder if he's ok, he;s 92 after all, and i can't imagine he wouldn't be announcing if he was still able to...

afaik Bud hasn't announced at all this year...

just the "1 minute left in the 1st period" things which are obvioulsy pre-recorded...

i wonder if he's ok, he;s 92 after all, and i can't imagine he wouldn't be announcing if he was still able to...

He still does the starting line-ups and the 3 stars.

If we are gonna get on Keating, I'm all in.

Why..... does he have to pause all the time....... when asking even an obvious....... question that I am finishing myself..... at home. His delivery just drives me........ up the wall.

the guy is a drunk dirt bag and i seen him when we played the rangers

yeah i agree... total ****** when you talk to him in person... Wish i wouldn't have, totally destroyed my "liking" of his character

Speaking of famous fans, is the Knitting Lady still around?

not sure but i say orange hat guy last year in the playoffs.

Edited by OsGOD

That lady is/was awesome! I remember the Red Wings 97 (or perhaps 98) championship DVD where they showed her and she kept saying, "They're not gonna do anything...they never do anything" in reference to the team the Wings were playing.

:lol: Classic!

Now I'm gonna have to go watch the video again. That was one of my favorite parts. She didn't even look up. She just kept on knitting when she said that. I guarantee she knew exactly what was going on with that game. She was awesome!

Edited by MIN8TV

yeah i agree... total ****** when you talk to him in person... Wish i wouldn't have, totally destroyed my "liking" of his character

What happened when you met him?

What happened when you met him?

he was a total prick...obviously he was a manwhore but still telling guys to f*** off becuase he wants to have pictures with only ******* is not the classiest thing to do.... All this was going on when a father and little son were trying to get a pic with him outside the joe... I was able to one taken quickly but it was not a pleasant experience at all.

Edited by OsGOD

Mo Cheese is the man, I love the silliness. Don't understand why some in here have a big disliking for him, it's not like he's hurting anybody with what he does. Oh well...

HIT IT IN THE ORANGE!!!!!

TIGERS ARE RUGGGGGEDDDD!!!

hahahha this thread is awesome... I have now learned multiple new things, including Mo's real name, and the fact that he is pretty obnoxious in public (something that I probably could have guessed anyways). I still love to think about Mo gettin busy on the stairs in the lower bowl hopefully he has not retired.

I remember being there to see the knitting lady and the orange hat guy, sucks to hear that they might both be gone.

It will be a sad day when we don't hear Bud on the PA anymore... its good that he is still doing the intros and 3 stars.

Because he sucks, he's not funny and he's an embarrassment to the organization.

you do realize that that is an extremely subjective judgment of the guy, correct? "he sucks." non-descriptive and thus, essentially meaningless, though you do explain it with this: "he's not funny." i don't think chris rock is funny, but a lot of people do. i think monty python is hilarious, and a lot of people can find no humor in it. and he's not going out there trying to be freebeer and hotwings or something. he's just goofy...i don't get the impression that he's trying to be "laugh out loud" funny. finally, "he's an embarrassment to the organization." i really have a hard time understanding how you get to this point. yes, i can understand you personally wishing that he was not on TV, and so i see your earlier criticisms and more valid -- if you think he sucks and is not funny, i disagree, but again, these are subjective opinions. saying he's an embarrassment is a broad-based claim which suggests you perfectly understand and represent public opinion. unless he's out trashing opposing players or making deragatory remarks, i have a hard time seeing how people are going to see keating and think, "wow, the wings sports team must be awful."

Why..... does he have to pause all the time....... when asking even an obvious....... question that I am finishing myself..... at home. His delivery just drives me........ up the wall.

again, it's fine that you do not like his delivery. i just disagree. i don't think he's the best in the business by any means, but i guess i don't understand why he bothers people so much. *shrug* but that's just my opinion.

This sounds more like Murph than Keats. Keating is a goofball with some of his pop culture references and all that but I'm sure he's having fun coming up with that and it's enjoyable to watch him enjoy his job.

Try watching some of the New York teams' intermission shows. They try to run them like the evening news. Kind of a joke.

And if you want bad cadence watch Murph on NHL On The Fly: Final. He's all about... PAUSing... and... EMPHasizing SYLLables in the... most disJOINTed FASHion. Stay between the benches Murph!

So is Mo' Cheese still going to games? If he is not, they should hire someone who looks like him and have him be mo cheeses long lost brother! That guy is more of a staple for the red wings than crazy george is in san francisco/oakland (wild beard and banjo)

John Keating is not very good... I don't want to say he sucks, because if that were the case he would not be working for FSD. He obviously has some talent to make it to the level he is at...

I personally do not enjoy him at all. The pausing, the corniness and just his overall personality motivate me to forward through him on the DVR, head to the kitchen for a beverage or hit the bathroom to get rid of my last beverage.

I am out of town now, so I do not see all the Detroit feeds for every game I watch (I always watch the HD feed on DTV). What happened to Ryan Field. I actually like his delivery better than Keating. I also like that Canadian black guy... I forgot his name.

Oh yeah, MO Cheese is annoying... loved trying to find orange hat guy and have yet to see knitting lady this year. Maybe the economy has kept them all home this year.

It was always fun to try and spot orange hat guy and knitting lady because at one point, I think we all thought we were the only ones who noticed them. Hope they are still around, as they aren't attention-whoring like Mo Cheese is.

If they aren't around, maybe we can all try to spot 'That guy on his cell phone that turns to wave at the camera so his friends at home can see him'.

If they aren't around, maybe we can all try to spot 'That guy on his cell phone that turns to wave at the camera so his friends at home can see him'.

There are way too many of those douchebags... I will never understand that one.

"Hey! I was just on TV for less than a second!!"

People at Tiger games behind the plate make more sense... you at least have a chance at some quality face time.

Hopping on the Mo Cheese hate-wagon. He's a huge prick. On my 21st birthday, we went to the Wings game and saw him at the Post afterwards. He walked by and my friend told him how big of a Wings fan I was, asked if he'd pose for a picture with me at the bar. He said no and that he only took pictures in some other area of the bar, and despite having a camera out and ready (and drinks being poured at that exact minute, so it's not like we could walk away), he still wouldn't take a nanosecond out of his inflated life to take a pic with a cute girl on her 21st.

I would not have been particularly excited about having a picture with him afterwards anyway (it's not like he's Chris Osgood or anything), but it's the principal of the thing. He didn't have to be such a V about it. I don't make it any secret that I think he's the one of the biggest douchebags in history. He thinks he's pretty hot s***, but I think he's a jackass.

FWIW, I've seen both Orange Hat Guy and Knitting Lady as recently as last year, but haven't gotten to the Joe since opening night.

Edited by zettermaberg

Mo is alright but as far as legendary fans go none of them can compete with "the Brow"....

I wondered if anyone was old enough to remember that guy! :lol:

There are way too many of those douchebags... I will never understand that one.

"Hey! I was just on TV for less than a second!!"

People at Tiger games behind the plate make more sense... you at least have a chance at some quality face time.

I can't stand those idiots. "Hey, look what an ******* I am" *waving*

It would drive me nuts to have great seats to a game and have to sit behind some moron who thinks it's more entertaining to wave and be on tv for a second than to actually watch the damn game. I was watching some game this season, and I swear there were two idiots doing it for nearly at least a whole period. I don't understand how they didn't get a beat down.

hahahahaha good one man!

I wondered if anyone was old enough to remember that guy! :lol:

I can't stand those idiots. "Hey, look what an ******* I am" *waving*

It would drive me nuts to have great seats to a game and have to sit behind some moron who thinks it's more entertaining to wave and be on tv for a second than to actually watch the damn game. I was watching some game this season, and I swear there were two idiots doing it for nearly at least a whole period. I don't understand how they didn't get a beat down.

My experiences in my youth going to games with my dad at the Joe, I would assume that some threats might be leveled against these idiots. I can remember a lot of "sit down idiot!" being shouted by some big, mean looking characters when I was younger. Good times.

By the way, there used to be quite a few Donny Brooks in the Upper Bowl back in those days too...

My experiences in my youth going to games with my dad at the Joe, I would assume that some threats might be leveled against these idiots. I can remember a lot of "sit down idiot!" being shouted by some big, mean looking characters when I was younger. Good times.

By the way, there used to be quite a few Donny Brooks in the Upper Bowl back in those days too...

Definitely. I remember fans getting yelled at for lingering on the stairway as they were headed down from their seat. Or not leaving during a break in the action.

I also remember having a healthy fear of the "grey coats" at the Joe in the 80s. They weren't exactly ushers. More like bouncers. Mean, scary ones.

If a sniper rifle would work from my living room... there'd be carnage at JLA!!!

Only slightly less annoying are the idiots sitting behind the benches that act like complete jackasses during televised interviews. I have a message for them: Your friends at home that know you will recognize you without you having to resort to waving and acting like a total retard. For the rest of us that don't know you from Adam.... WE DON"T CARE that you're behind the bench or on TV!!!

Edited by Gizmo

Definitely. I remember fans getting yelled at for lingering on the stairway as they were headed down from their seat. Or not leaving during a break in the action.

I also remember having a healthy fear of the "grey coats" at the Joe in the 80s. They weren't exactly ushers. More like bouncers. Mean, scary ones.

There was a good scrap in the uppers during game five while playing the Oilers, though it didn't last long. And since Mo, the Knitting Lady, and John have to go.(were not gitting rid of Orange Hat)Ken Daniels must die. at least lose his voice.