• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Red Crazy

When is the bashing of players going to end?

Rate this topic

Greetings All,

I am new to this site and I must say it rocks. However, what the hell is up with all of the player bashing on here? I have read " Worst player ever" I don't know how many times and everyday it is someone else getting called down. I know that we all have opinions and like to express them but I think that a few are going to far. I see that it is the common theme to tear apart Lilja on a day to day basis and sure he makes some bad plays but how many goals does he save by his shot blocking.....lots. Cleary has been getting roasted and why? He was a monster for us last year and now some are questioning his heart and his skill?

The list could go on and on. Don't you remember who won the cup? Or are you a real Red Wing fan.

I just wanted to say this is an awesome site. Don't let these bashing threads ruin it!

Cheers!

it will never end. whether its ozzie, lebda, lilja, sammy, cleary, rafalski, even hank, pav or lids. people will always find stuff to complain about. its best to just ignore those threads, especially if you are a fan of the player that is being bashed. welcome to the site though, and dont let any of those threads stop you from enjoying the site!

It will not end until every forward on the team is Steve Yzerman in his prime, every defenseman is Lidstrom in his prime and our goalie is Hasek in his prime.

It doesn't end until the Wings win the Cup, and it begins right after ward.

It is a sad thing to see day in a day out, the endless bashing of players, coaches, and the GMs, that is unless its the Ducks GM(jk hehe). Truth be told this is a all some people have to look forward to. They come to this site not to talk hockey w/ fellow fans but to complain about everything and make up conspiracy theories about the Refs out to screw the wings (even if it does look like it time to time). We cannot say when it is going to end all we can do is hope it does. Welcome to LGWs Red Crazy, I hope the bashers don't make you think we are all like that...

Its sad that people cant/dont realize that the players are human and not perfect... no matter how much we want them to be. They are paid to do a job. Its a great job, but still a job.

Lets face it, are we all perfect in our jobs everyday??? No one is perfect.

They play great and the bashing will continue... they lose a game and the bashing will continue... I even heard bashing at the Stanly Cup parade... crazy!

Kudos to thoes that dont jump in and bash the players.

GO WINGS!

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I realise that people aren't perfect, its just based on previous expectations I expect more.

When Rafalski stops playing like s***, I'll say it was the right move to give him a contract till hes an old man. until then, I as a paying customer of JLA, and devout fan, can ***** and moan as much as I want. At least Rafalski's complaining has been warented.

Greetings All,

I am new to this site and I must say it rocks. However, what the hell is up with all of the player bashing on here? I have read " Worst player ever" I don't know how many times and everyday it is someone else getting called down. I know that we all have opinions and like to express them but I think that a few are going to far. I see that it is the common theme to tear apart Lilja on a day to day basis and sure he makes some bad plays but how many goals does he save by his shot blocking.....lots. Cleary has been getting roasted and why? He was a monster for us last year and now some are questioning his heart and his skill?

The list could go on and on. Don't you remember who won the cup? Or are you a real Red Wing fan.

I just wanted to say this is an awesome site. Don't let these bashing threads ruin it!

Cheers!

Never.

Unfortunately.

agreed. Nobody wants to win more than the players... they will make up for these implosions. Look at the bright side of things - Ozzie didn't stand on his head but made some great saves... Franzen lit up the lamp first night back... and the Wings played at least 2 solid periods of Red Wings hockey where we saw them outchance the Pens by quite a large margin.

It seems like either they are not confident in Ozzie to make the saves or way too confident in their own play as we saw in the 3rd. Penalty kill was too concerned with standing in front of the goal than driving the puck away... I think they need to take more risks there to push the opposition out of their zone... Ozzie plays way better when there aren't 5 guys in front of him.

And what's with the Pens' second goal? Was it just me or was his ENTIRE BODY in the crease before the puck came in and hit his skate? Interference? Apparently not...

A frustrating game for sure - but this will be ironed out. Remember when Lidstrom was gone end of last season and the Wings couldn't handle it? It only made them stronger for the playoffs. Let's hope this is their rough patch.

agreed. Nobody wants to win more than the players... they will make up for these implosions. Look at the bright side of things - Ozzie didn't stand on his head but made some great saves... Franzen lit up the lamp first night back... and the Wings played at least 2 solid periods of Red Wings hockey where we saw them outchance the Pens by quite a large margin.

It seems like either they are not confident in Ozzie to make the saves or way too confident in their own play as we saw in the 3rd. Penalty kill was too concerned with standing in front of the goal than driving the puck away... I think they need to take more risks there to push the opposition out of their zone... Ozzie plays way better when there aren't 5 guys in front of him.

And what's with the Pens' second goal? Was it just me or was his ENTIRE BODY in the crease before the puck came in and hit his skate? Interference? Apparently not...

A frustrating game for sure - but this will be ironed out. Remember when Lidstrom was gone end of last season and the Wings couldn't handle it? It only made them stronger for the playoffs. Let's hope this is their rough patch.

BINGO!!!!!

Until Matt decides to stop paying for the server the player bashing will never cease. I'm most certainly not a "Rhaw, Rhaw!" fan, but I also don't sugar-coat things when a player has played (or is playing) poorly. That being said, I'm realistic about what a player can and can't do. Some people here let their emotions get the best of them far too often.

Sad, isn't it?

It happens EVERYWHERE. Over at LGPens, it usually it is usually Whitney, but until last night (because Whit is hurt) it was Staal, and now he's the Greatest American Hero...from Canada!!! You can almost hear the theme music.

WHat you may not know, the people bitching are former players that haved played many years in the NHL. That gives them the right to *****.

I've never really jived with this line of thinking. So you are saying the only people who should be critiquing, say... the president, are a handful of old, rich white guys who happened to have occupied the same office previously?

When is the bashing of players going to end?

I think along about the twelfth of never, because its hockey and hockey fans will bash each other's teams and players, and even their own players on their own fave teams at times when they think their own teams and players need a swift kick in the (hockey) pants.

Edited by Holmstrom96Screens

Guest mindfly

I'd say when the GAA is under 2.0, save % 90+ both goalies, less than 25 Shots against per game... it all comes down to the D and goaltending, the forwards are better than most teams.

The thing you have to realize is that this forum is made up of a wide variety of people, and that each expresses him/herself differently and each has his/her own attitude.

You can kind of put people into groups.

Let's call the first group the apples. They notice things and comment on them. They might notice when a certain player makes a mistake, or if someone showed less effort than the situation called for. Most of the time they have good, interesting insight, but there are a few bad apples around.

The next group is the oranges. They also watch and comment. They eventually focus on a specific player who they feel is not performing up to par. Each section has its own player, and often there is a seed of truth in with the pulp.

The bananas come out after losses or close games. They are not commenting like the apples and oranges, they are just going bananas. They are the "oh, no! We suck! The sky is falling!" types.

Often someone wishes the bananas would just split, and they post a comment telling them to settle down.

This cuts the apples to the core. They feel that this is aimed at them, and point out that this is a place for talking about hockey. They are right, of couse. It is.

The oranges also take offense and find a new zest for their cause. They bash their hated player even more, until the seed of truth is all but lost in the juice.

So to mentally navigate this site, don't compare apples to oranges, and come to terms with the fact that some people are just plain bananas.

The bad part of all this is that the bananas don't see themselves as bananas; the apples and oranges see themselves in comments aimed at the bananas and take offense where none is intended.

So when will the bashing end? When we win decisively. When no mistakes are made. And even then it will end only for the moment. Once a mistake is made the bananas will come out again. Until then, the apples and oranges will discuss, and the players will play. We will comment, cheer, and share news with one another.

And life will go on.