• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/18 GDT: Red Wings 6, Sharks 0

Rate this topic

I thought we'd loose...5-2 or something did i not say?, but the wings prooved me wrong... ive been wrong before lol, i didnt think the tough schedule would make the sharks look so bad.

The tough schedule not the Wings made the Sharks look bad? :rolleyes:

best game of the year, hands down. they really took it to the sharks tonight, and though people are gonna say conklin didnt have much work, you gotta give credit where credit is due, its not like he shutout the panthers or atlanta, this was the league leading fish. 24 shots is enough to discredit that, and thats coming off a hot sharks offense. kudos to pasha, the baddest russian around, 4 point and +4 game. i knew he was due for a big game tonight watching him play, heart of a f***ing lion. stuarts hit was beastly as well. good game boys, you deserved that big SO (you know that shutout has gotta fuel ozzie) 11 players with points tonight!! big games for hossa and lebda too, +2 and +3 respectively. hopefully these lines will continue to roll, they looked great tonight. the 4th line was great too, good grind fellas. kronvall with +4 too, great game guys.

can anyone post a screen shot of the nhl.com boxscore for the sharks, and all those -'s??

Guest mindfly

It was not only that sharks were tired... Rafalski and Kronwall, who usually are brutal were actually OK this game... that plus a magical evening from #13 ends up in a big win :)

I thought we'd loose...5-2 or something did i not say?, but the wings prooved me wrong... ive been wrong before lol, i didnt think the tough schedule would make the sharks look so bad.

hahah you are insatiable. i really dont think you are a wings fan. maybe just a hockey fan that posts on our board, but definitely not a wings fan. whats it gonna take for some praise from you? how about you suit and play in goal for a game?

Well I must say that one was very tough to watch. I watched every last second of the game, though it was painful and deflating to do so. The Sharks looked great and like the team I'm used to watching....for the first 8 or 9 minutes. Then Nabby let in back to back softies, and it was ALL Wings from there on out. Full credit to the Wings for taking it to the Sharks pretty much all game.

It's funny, many of you were viewing this game as a possible wake up call for your team...and it may actually end up being a huge wake up call for mine. The Sharks have eeked out quite a few close games lately against lesser opposition...some of the games they had no business winning. They seemed to become a little complacent and were getting by on their skill alone. They found out tonight that there's no way you can put forth that kind of effort against a team that can skate with you and has great talent and skill also.

Had the Sharks lost a close game, one could point to road trips, travel, injuries, back to back games...but there's simply no excuse for a 6-0 defeat. Well actually, there shouldn't be any excuses ever. Wings were the better team tonight, and looked every bit like the defending champs.

All I can do now is just sit and wait until Jan. 17th. I'll be at the tank for that one. Hopefully you guys wont start panicking if your team seems to underperform in the regular season again....you have an incredible team, and like I've already told you, there's no need to worry. It's December. Mid April through June is what counts. Now pardon me while I try to convince myself of that so I feel a bit less depressed.

Well I must say that one was very tough to watch. I watched every last second of the game, though it was painful and deflating to do so. The Sharks looked great and like the team I'm used to watching....for the first 8 or 9 minutes. Then Nabby let in back to back softies, and it was ALL Wings from there on out. Full credit to the Wings for taking it to the Sharks pretty much all game.

It's funny, many of you were viewing this game as a possible wake up call for your team...and it may actually end up being a huge wake up call for mine. The Sharks have eeked out quite a few close games lately against lesser opposition...some of the games they had no business winning. They seemed to become a little complacent and were getting by on their skill alone. They found out tonight that there's no way you can put forth that kind of effort against a team that can skate with you and has great talent and skill also.

Had the Sharks lost a close game, one could point to road trips, travel, injuries, back to back games...but there's simply no excuse for a 6-0 defeat. Well actually, there shouldn't be any excuses ever. Wings were the better team tonight, and looked every bit like the defending champs.

All I can do now is just sit and wait until Jan. 17th. I'll be at the tank for that one. Hopefully you guys wont start panicking if your team seems to underperform in the regular season again....you have an incredible team, and like I've already told you, there's no need to worry. It's December. Mid April through June is what counts. Now pardon me while I try to convince myself of that so I feel a bit less depressed.

The Sharks are a great team, a great organization. I've had the pleasure of going to quite a few games in San Jose and was always impressed with the fans, who are knowledgable and very devoted to their guys. Ya'll are, may I say, rabid fans? But, in a good way. :lol:

I for one am looking forward to the next meeting, and I will be it will be a lot closer than this one. ;)

Thanks for the post. I know that was rough game for you to watch but it is not really indicative of your team as a whole. Furthermore, I'm afraid that you might be right about a wake-up call for your team, it may help them keep from becoming too complacent as they roll through the season. In fact, if your the Sharks - you might as well lose 6-0 as 4-2 and the 6-0 will serve as a better reminder for the Sharks throughout the season. I hope it will help the Wings remember how important defense is to their success and provide a spark for them. Your right April through June is what counts and I expect both teams to be there for a great series. Cheer up your team is still pretty impressive.

I think it's great when fans of other teams come here and post in a sane manner. I also think it's great that we don't act like ass-monkeys when they show up...win or lose.

Sharks are a class act and have some classy fans too.

Classy and accurate. I love it.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I hope the Sharks put "Dec. 18th - Wings 6 Sharks 0" up in their locker room so they don't forget to bring it every night.

I've officially moved passed bummed out and am now at the pissed off stage.

Time to have a beer.

The Sharks are a great team, a great organization. I've had the pleasure of going to quite a few games in San Jose and was always impressed with the fans, who are knowledgable and very devoted to their guys. Ya'll are, may I say, rabid fans? But, in a good way. :lol:

Extremely rabid. Be sure to let me know if you ever go back to a game at the tank in SJ. I'll buy you a beer.

I was at both games this week and I have to say what a difference in this team's effort. I thought after we only lost to the Aves by one goal, the Wings would have more of that "well it was only one goal, no big deal" attitude and get destroyed tonight, but it seems they really changed their attitudes. However, it's only been one game, so let's hope they keep this up.

Also, I do like San Jose a lot. They are a really good, clean team. Notice how no one tried to goon it up at the end of the third, like many other teams would do.

Wish that I could have seen the game, am at a friend's house who has every other channel but FSD or Center Ice. It's been great to "watch" the game through your comments-- thank you.

Economical considerations have kept me netless at home, but I do follow the forum thru the library when I can. I miss not being here for games, but I do hope to actually attend a game this year (!!!)... hope to see you there.

Always there in spirit... RWR