• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
j.hoop

Corey "the fairy" Perry suspended four games

Rate this topic

Guest Four
Your obsession with AO's hit (which was a clean hit) is disturbing.

Comparing it with this complete cheapshot is out of line and adds nothing to the thread.

Perry was headhunting and deserves the suspension.

It's unfortunate what Pronger is teaching the kids in Anaheim.

qft

At least Ovechkin had some remorse for what happened. He stood outside the Philly dressing room after the game and apologized to the team for what happened. And the look on his face when it happened was just as plain as day...he was devastated. This one there was no remorse...it was intentional. Four games is well-deserved. I hate that little bastard almost as much as I hate Chris Pronger. And that's a lot.

By the way, you should not use such terms as "fairy" and "***" to describe him. Even if you mean them in derogatory terms, you are insulting those who usually get those words thrown at them. Call him what he really is - a cheap shot bastard.

Edited by Kira

At least Ovechkin had some remorse for what happened. He stood outside the Philly dressing room after the game and apologized to the team for what happened. And the look on his face when it happened was just as plain as day...he was devastated. This one there was no remorse...it was intentional. Four games is well-deserved. I hate that little bastard almost as much as I hate Chris Pronger. And that's a lot.

By the way, you should not use such terms as "fairy" and "***" to describe him. Even if you mean them in derogatory terms, you are insulting those who usually get those words thrown at them. Call him what he really is - a cheap shot bastard.

this. ^^^

Bravo! :thumbup:

he is also an elbowing ******

An insult to fairies, I agree. Although there's not much that else that rhymes with Perry.

Cherry? Let's hope that's one Cherry that gets popped soon. Right in the kisser.

I agree with those who have expressed the view that when a team has a guy like Pronger in a leadership role, they will get a bunch of cheap-shotting little wimps that need to be taken out by a real man and shown that no good comes of that sort of nonsense.

4 games sounds good to me.

no more Brian to save the goons from deserved suspensions... and here we go...

nice to see NHL showing thug that "he's gonna get it" ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUr_qek_W2I

Hahaha I had to laugh at this comment in reply to the video on YouTube:

"befz88 (4 days ago)

datsyuk probably doesnt understand what the f*** hes saying"

Speaking of the "he's gonna get it" clip, does anyone remember the circumstances in why the fairy wanted to get Samuelsson? I was trying to remember why he had the love affair with Samuelsson. That clip still leaves me laughing for a good 20 seconds everytime.

Claude Giroux - 5'11 / 180lbs

Corey Perry - 6'3 / 202lbs

Given this information, which one of these men do you think would be more likely to need to use his elbow to effectively drop the other to the ice?

Well the correct answer would be neither if they were born adequately equipped by the lord with a proper and functional pair of balls, but clearly one of them wasn't.

I've never liked Perry, and this reminds me why. I can just hear him all over again in the 07' playoffs....."Hey Pavel tell Samuelsson he's gonna get it! You're gonna get it too!"......... What a chach

Edited by #19forPresident!

He hit Giroux who is much taller, i watched it, he jumped up and elbowed him in the mouth, ill post in a bit, i honestly didn't expect a suspention after seeing the ovechkin hit

Unless I'm missunderstanding your comments, I think your recounting of the hit is almost completely false, although, I agree with the general idea that Perry is an idiot and the hit was dirty and deservced suspension.

Giroux is much taller than Perry? Again, maybe I'm reading wrong, but Giroux is about 5'11" and Perry is about 6'3". And Perrty did not jump into him at all, in fact, I'm not sure either of his skates even left the ice, other than to rebalance himself.

Let me be clear again so no one is confused with my opinion of the incident, I do think it was dirty and suspendable, no question.

Your obsession with AO's hit (which was a clean hit) is disturbing.

Comparing it with this complete cheapshot is out of line and adds nothing to the thread.

Perry was headhunting and deserves the suspension.

It's unfortunate what Pronger is teaching the kids in Anaheim.

I agree with your comments somewhat. While I do think his obsession with the Ovechkin hit is disturbing, I definately do not think it was clean, probably somewhere in between the 2 views.

Ovie's hit was definately not dirty, but it was not clean either. He clearly hit him from behind while he was in a vulnerable position in regards to the boards. While the player being hit turned his back, which everyone seems to do now, Ovie still had plenty of time to let up (even if he didn't have time, it would still not be a clean hit). I think these kinds of hits are #2 behind hits to the head in terms of the NHL's agenda regarding hits. Based on past practice, I think the NHL could have suspended him for it. I think someone compared it to the Komisarek hit in which he was suspended for 3 games I believe. I think the difference between the two (reason for suspension) is that the Komisarek hit was on an icing (which the NHL is looking at closely these days) and the hit was harder. I don't necessarily agree with differentiating like this, but I can see where hte NHL is coming from. I actually think Komisarek had much less time to let up than Ovechkin did. I don't think either should be suspensions.

Anyway, no big deal, it was an unfortunate play that really should have simply be a 2 min boarding penalty, definately not intent to injure or dirty.

elbow nothing else, ovechkin had no intent, the elbow was still there

Would you give it up on the Ovechkin hit already! That is called playing hockey, the Perry elbow is not.

Even if Ovechkin's hit was in any way comparable to Perry's, you would never see Perry look worried on the bench on what he just did, or inquire to see how the player he hurt was doing, or apologize.

Speaking of the "he's gonna get it" clip, does anyone remember the circumstances in why the fairy wanted to get Samuelsson? I was trying to remember why he had the love affair with Samuelsson. That clip still leaves me laughing for a good 20 seconds everytime.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

Even if Ovechkin's hit was in any way comparable to Perry's, you would never see Perry look worried on the bench on what he just did, or inquire to see how the player he hurt was doing, or apologize.

The funniest thing about that whole video is that in the back of your mind you're thinking, "I bet Dats is acting like he doesn't understand a word Perry is saying."

Seriously, WTF is that guy's problem? "Tell him he's going to get it. You're going to get it too." Oh yeah, Pav was just shaking in his skates. :rolleyes:

The funniest thing about that whole video is that in the back of your mind you're thinking, "I bet Dats is acting like he doesn't understand a word Perry is saying."

Seriously, WTF is that guy's problem? "Tell him he's going to get it. You're going to get it too." Oh yeah, Pav was just shaking in his skates. :rolleyes:

Especially because he had to know he wouldn't be "getting it" from Perry.

Perry is like a bully's little ***** sidekick. Talking tough because he's got guys like Parros and Pronger to protect him. (Not that Pronger drops the gloves much, but he is a guy you'd be more concerned about getting it from)

I agree with your comments somewhat. While I do think his obsession with the Ovechkin hit is disturbing, I definately do not think it was clean, probably somewhere in between the 2 views.

Ovie's hit was definately not dirty, but it was not clean either. He clearly hit him from behind while he was in a vulnerable position in regards to the boards. While the player being hit turned his back, which everyone seems to do now, Ovie still had plenty of time to let up (even if he didn't have time, it would still not be a clean hit). I think these kinds of hits are #2 behind hits to the head in terms of the NHL's agenda regarding hits. Based on past practice, I think the NHL could have suspended him for it. I think someone compared it to the Komisarek hit in which he was suspended for 3 games I believe. I think the difference between the two (reason for suspension) is that the Komisarek hit was on an icing (which the NHL is looking at closely these days) and the hit was harder. I don't necessarily agree with differentiating like this, but I can see where hte NHL is coming from. I actually think Komisarek had much less time to let up than Ovechkin did. I don't think either should be suspensions.

Anyway, no big deal, it was an unfortunate play that really should have simply be a 2 min boarding penalty, definately not intent to injure or dirty.

I hate to go off topic but I do not want to add to the AO thread.

Boarding is defined as violently throwing an opponent into the boards. Since Heward was already against the boards he can not be thrown into them so it can not be boarding. Similarly when a player intentionally turns his body there is no penalty for hitting a player in the back.

There is nothing in the rules to say AO's hit was anything but clean. There would be nothing to discuss if Heward had not put his head down to look for the puck in the first place. He was careless and put himself in the position to be injured. It may be harsh but it is true. IMHO.

Again I must say the comparison to Perry blatant head hunting was uncalled for.