• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

after the game last night against columbus, red wings live aired and had interview with datsyuk.. this was HILAIRIOUS! by chance does anyone have it so i can laugh again? he goes on about his russian christmas and how theres too many interview questions and he wants to go celebrate. classic!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:25 PM

I have it but I've no idea how to post it to You Tube. I'm so technologically disinclined. I can send it to you if you like, and you can do with it whatever. PM me if you want a copy of it.

You're right, it was absolutely classic. He's just a blast to interview and to talk to anytime. I've enjoyed the times I've had to talk to him at training camp. He's got a great sense of humor, and he's really a nice guy.
Posted Image

#3 TheCaptain19

TheCaptain19

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:42 PM

i heard about it! hahaha i wanna see it so bad

#4 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,333 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:15 PM

Would be greatly appreciated if someone uploaded that vid, it sounds absolutely hilarious!

#5 DYags

DYags

WingedGunnerlHybrid

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:55 PM

I couldn't understand half the things he said but I could still understand what he was saying. If you know what I mean happy.gif

Edited by DYags, 07 January 2009 - 02:56 PM.

#6 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Kira @ January 7, 2009 - 06:25PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have it but I've no idea how to post it to You Tube. I'm so technologically disinclined. I can send it to you if you like, and you can do with it whatever. PM me if you want a copy of it.

You're right, it was absolutely classic. He's just a blast to interview and to talk to anytime. I've enjoyed the times I've had to talk to him at training camp. He's got a great sense of humor, and he's really a nice guy.

do you have it on your computer or taped on dvd/pvr? hoepfully its pc and we can give you instructions on uploading it.

#7 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:17 PM

Datsyuk is funny and down-to-earth guy although I think his english should've been much better considering how many years he's been in the USA and played in NHL.. 8th season or something?

But then again, some russians seem to have a very hard time with the language, semin and malkin still use a interpreter etc?
Ovechkin and kovalchuck seem to be pretty decent for whatever reason

How good was Fedorov's english in his 8th season?

Edited by mindfly, 07 January 2009 - 03:19 PM.

#8 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

Please upload smile.gif
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch

#9 12Newf

12Newf

Newf

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:03 PM

ovechkins family was rich and from moscow, datsyuk is from yekaterinburg which is basically siberia.

#10 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,219 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (mindfly @ January 7, 2009 - 03:17PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Datsyuk is funny and down-to-earth guy although I think his english should've been much better considering how many years he's been in the USA and played in NHL.. 8th season or something?

But then again, some russians seem to have a very hard time with the language, semin and malkin still use a interpreter etc?

Okay, then what's Homer's excuse and he's been here 13 years, yowza.gif

#11 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (mindfly @ January 7, 2009 - 03:17PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

English and Russian are very different forms of language. The reason Swedish players have such ease with English is because they are both tier one languages. Russian is a tier three language and is very very difficult language to learn. It's not hard to understand the least bit that most of the guys in the non rich parts of Russia don't learn English until they are required to move to the states.

I challenge any of you to learn Russian and see how far you come in 8 years wink.gif I've been learning it for two years, it is a very difficult language to learn and I would like to think I am pretty intellectual (toot toot)

OP: Please please someone upload this video!!!
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#12 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (Hockeymom1960 @ January 7, 2009 - 04:05PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay, then what's Homer's excuse and he's been here 13 years, yowza.gif

Yah, he has no excuses haha

Edited by Konnan511, 07 January 2009 - 04:38 PM.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#13 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,333 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:46 PM

Russian players in general seem to have a hard time with english.. same goes for Finnish players, who might learn the language but they just never seem to be able to get the pronounciation correct. I guess it has to do with what Konnan is saying, those languages are very different from most others.
Swedish people have a pretty easy time learning english, but we also start learning it very early in school. Still, Holmstrom's english is more in line with the way most swedes talk than Lidstrom who sounds like he's lived in the US his entire life.

..well, actually Holmstrom is pretty damn bad at it even by Swedish standards.. biggrin.gif

Edited by dat's sick, 07 January 2009 - 04:49 PM.

#14 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

Homer is using the words "for sure" like 5times every interview, that's his trademark.. "for sure"

#15 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (wingfan1991 @ January 7, 2009 - 03:03PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do you have it on your computer or taped on dvd/pvr? hoepfully its pc and we can give you instructions on uploading it.

I have it on DVD, but I am so technologically illiterate it's not funny. I'll tell you what...if anyone of you is going to be at the game tomorrow night against Dallas, I'll make a copy and bring it with me. I'll be happy to meet up with the first one of you who shows up and wants it. I'll be wearing an away (white) autographed Pasha jersey and a cream colored fedora. I'm also sending a copy to Crossover Thrash. I'll be along the top of the lower bowl somewhere.

Posted Image

#16 hankzet40

hankzet40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (mindfly @ January 7, 2009 - 06:09PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Homer is using the words "for sure" like 5times every interview, that's his trademark.. "for sure"

Hank is all about "you know."

#17 sharomyga

sharomyga

He delivers

• Silver Booster
  • 382 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:51 PM

I'm also gonna ask, please upload))
"Pavel, you wear the 'A' on your jersey as a team leader. What does that mean to you?"
"A lot. So much that I put an 'A' on all my clothes. I wear an 'A' everywhere."
П. Дацюк
"I don't have percentage, alcohol has percentage"
П. Дацюк
-----------
Posted Image
-----------
My website

#18 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:12 PM

I'm sending a copy to Crossover Thrash, but the offer stands for tomorrow night. If you are technically inclined and you want to go ahead and meet at the game tomorrow night, I'll have a copy with me. But if you post it, do not give me any credit for it. I prefer to remain anonymous.
Posted Image

#19 neonsign

neonsign

Prospect

• 44 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:29 PM

Relax it wasn't that funny.

#20 Kira

Kira

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,556 posts