Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

1/20 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Coyotes 6

Rate this topic

det.pngVS phx.png

Preview- Red Wings at Coyotes

Recap- Red Wings 3 at Coyotes 6

riples187e.png

Detroit: 31-8-6, 15-5-4 Road Record, 68 pts; 1st in Central Division, 2nd Overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Lost to SJ 6-5 Recap

Phoenix: 23-19-5, 15-6-2 Home Record, 51 pts; 3rd in Pacific Division, 6th Overall in Western Conference

Last Game: Lost to EDM 6-3 Recap

Last DET-PHX meeing: 12/13, DET 5 at PHX 4 (SO) Recap

riples187f.png

Goals

DET Marian Hossa: 22

PHX Shane Doan: 18

Assists

DET Pavel Datsyuk: 35

PHX Shane Doan: 26

Plus/Minus

DET Pavel Datsyuk: +21

PHX Ken Klee: +9

----

DET Kris Draper: -12

PHX Ed Jovanovski and Enver Lisin: -13

PIM

DET Andreas Lilja: 36

PHX Daniel Carcillo: 123

riples187g.png

Filppula-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Cleary-Zetterberg-Hossa

Hudler-Draper-Samuelsson

Meech-Kopecky-Maltby

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Lilja

Stuart-Chelios

Lebda scratched

riples187h.png

DET Ty Conklin

16-5-1, 2.21 GAA, .922 SV %, 5 SO

PHX Ilya Bryzgalov

17-15-4, 2.76 GAA, .912 SV %, 2 SO

riples187i.png

DET Johan Franzen (hip strain) will not play, DET Darren McCarty (groin) out

PHX Kurt Sauer (lower body) out, Viktor Tikhonov (hand) out

610x.jpg

Thanks to Saran for the new icons :thumbup:

Edited by Hockeytown0001

An early game (compared to the last three)!!! Wings come out strong in front of the home, errr, away crowd, scoring 3 goals in the first period, 2 by Datsyuk and 1 by Lidstrom. The final score is 6-1. The one phoenix goal coming from a deflection on the powerplay. The only scoring chance that phoenix got the entire game. The wings defense plays that stellar.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

5-2.

Holmstrom, Cleary (2), Datsyuk and Hudler.

The Almighty Stuart with three assists for a "resting" Lidstrom, who only plays 21 minutes in the last game before the ASG.

Conklin with 22 saves.

Wings take this one handily, I'll say 14-3. Lilja, Stuart and Kopecky all get Gordie Howe hat tricks, each of them taking turns demolishing Carcillo. Datsyuk gets his 1st 2 regular season hatties in this game, Hank adds 3, and Hossa piles on 2 more.

It's gonna happen.

Hank scores in the first period.

The score in the third is still 1-0, despite the Wings leading shots 50-11.

LGW goes insane because we're not winning by 2 or more.

Flip goes online during the 2nd intermission and reads on LGW that people want him to shoot more and pass less. He gets a hat trick.

Wings win 4-0.

LGW still grumbles.

Guest mindfly

Hossa hurt his hamstring during the practice but said he will probably play because it was nothing serious.

Current Streaks

Season Streaks

Overall: 1-Game Losing Streak

Road: 1-Game Losing Streak

Streaks vs. Phoenix

Overall:

9-Game Winning Streak (1 overtime)

Road:

7-Game Winning Streak (2 overtime and 1 shutout)

8-Game Unbeaten Streak (1 tie in 2004, 2 overtime and 1 shutout).

Record on This Date

January 20

This is the 29th game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 28 games:

10W-16L-2T.

LGW.

Look for Conklin to continue fighting for the starting goaltender position, post another 1 goal allowed or a shutout. Watch for the defense to step it up and shut down what little offense Phoenix will have going for it. Look for Phoenix to get frustrated, take bad penalties, and knock the Wings around in the closing minutes of the game. Oh, and look for Datsyuk to completely obliterate Bryz.

Look for Conklin to continue fighting for the starting goaltender position, post another 1 goal allowed or a shutout. Watch for the defense to step it up and shut down what little offense Phoenix will have going for it. Look for Phoenix to get frustrated, take bad penalties, and knock the Wings around in the closing minutes of the game. Oh, and look for Datsyuk to completely obliterate Bryz.

phoenix isnt as bad as you say, if you remember last game they went toe-to-toe with us on goals. but that was in december before the wings started cleaning up their act, plus ozzie was in net, so im expecting a much better defensive game out of them. i have a feeling conklin will be solid in this one. i wish mule was playing, hes one of my favorites to see live. ill be pretty close to ice in this one for a change. section 119 baby. look for my LGW.com sign :)

by my rules for no prediction on games i attend, lets just pull this one out and head home with 7 of 10 points.

Phoenix have been playing good hockey as of late, and I'm really pulling for them to make the playoffs (it's nice to see new teams slip under the radar here and there, and Shane Doan is one of my favorite players in the NHL), but I have a stinging feeling the Wings will control tonight's game with ease.

With that said, the Wings will win 5-1 on goals from Datsyuk x2, Zetterberg x2, and Cleary (who will make up for the lack of Franzen's presence in front of the net). Conks will continue his strong play, and Detroit will issue a strong defensive game, reminding the rest of the league that until the Cup is taken from us, we are the team to beat.

Phoenix have been playing good hockey as of late, and I'm really pulling for them to make the playoffs (it's nice to see new teams slip under the radar here and there, and Shane Doan is one of my favorite players in the NHL), but I have a stinging feeling the Wings will control tonight's game with ease.

With that said, the Wings will win 5-1 on goals from Datsyuk x2, Zetterberg x2, and Cleary (who will make up for the lack of Franzen's presence in front of the net). Conks will continue his strong play, and Detroit will issue a strong defensive game, reminding the rest of the league that until the Cup is taken from us, we are the team to beat.

I agree, it's always nice to have a rotation of teams at the bottom level in the playoffs. For instance, it'll be nice if Columbus ever makes it to the playoffs. I always kind of liked Phoenix, a little at least.

First off, its good to be back talking hockey on LGW after an extended absence!

As for tonight, Phoenix has looked pretty impressive at times this season. But the way we've been playing lately has been nothing short of dominant. I think Conks has another big outing and our offense keeps their intensity going. 5-1 final tonight.