• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
titanium2

O'Halloran's Work

Rate this topic

Against Anaheim

Against Dallas - Did Pav say 'Bulls***'?

Against Pittsburgh

Dallas again

Did O'Halloran officiate this one? http://www.detroithockey.net/multimedia/20..._is_negated.php

What a resume, I guess.

According to the game sheet at nhl.com, the refs that night in Phoenix were Brad Meier and Francois St. Laurent.

In general, O'Halloran is a very solid ref. He's not bad, and the NHL knows that (hence why he was ref-ing the Cup final)

It's because of that, that I don't like him. I've watched his other games that he's ref'd, and he doesn't botch his calls the way he does in Detroit. This is why I don't like him, and throw away any game that he's refd all year.

I'm not sure the stats, but in the last year at least, we only won Game 2 of the Cup final when he ref'd. It's not always his fault. Last night however, he stopped the Wings momentum TWICE. One was legit, and the other was the prime reason for this topic I'm sure. Even still, as Babs said: we put ourselves in the situation, it's up to us to get ourselves out of it.

O'Halloran should just not be allowed to ref any Detroit games. Not sure how this would affect scheduling, but there should be an effort to keep these bad calls from happening.

I checked out the Wiki pages for O'f***wad and Buttman. O'f***wad's has 3 or 4 lines and nothing out of the ordinary. Buttman has 1 line that made my day (and it is not even 9am).

"Bettman has also been at the middle of much controversy. Bettman is a long time Red Wings hater, and will do anything in his power to prevent them from winning. Unfortunately, even so, the Red Wings continue to be a juggernaut."

In general, O'Halloran is a very solid ref. He's not bad, and the NHL knows that (hence why he was ref-ing the Cup final)

It's because of that, that I don't like him. I've watched his other games that he's ref'd, and he doesn't botch his calls the way he does in Detroit. This is why I don't like him, and throw away any game that he's refd all year.

I'm not sure the stats, but in the last year at least, we only won Game 2 of the Cup final when he ref'd. It's not always his fault. Last night however, he stopped the Wings momentum TWICE. One was legit, and the other was the prime reason for this topic I'm sure. Even still, as Babs said: we put ourselves in the situation, it's up to us to get ourselves out of it.

O'Halloran should just not be allowed to ref any Detroit games. Not sure how this would affect scheduling, but there should be an effort to keep these bad calls from happening.

The 1st one the Wings scored looked like it was in. But, replay showed it was the black part of Franzen's stick. Even Mickey and Dan were freaked out. In game 2 of the finals, if PIT was not getting blown out, that could have created problems. If PIT scored a few goals and won it in OT, there would have been a game 7 and who knows what would happen then.

Is it a coincidence his uniform number is 13?

If everyone wants their voice to be heard. Then do so here. Who knows if they'll take anyone seriously but I'd recommend to keep your responses mature. Maybe we can flood this email box and make them understand it's a big problem.

http://www.nhlofficials.com/contact.asp

Sent my 2 cents.

I checked out the Wiki pages for O'f***wad and Buttman. O'f***wad's has 3 or 4 lines and nothing out of the ordinary. Buttman has 1 line that made my day (and it is not even 9am).

"Bettman has also been at the middle of much controversy. Bettman is a long time Red Wings hater, and will do anything in his power to prevent them from winning. Unfortunately, even so, the Red Wings continue to be a juggernaut."

Glad I could make your day...I put something up there as well about Cindy Crosby being underneath his desk, but that may have been removed by now.

Glad I could make your day...I put something up there as well about Cindy Crosby being underneath his desk, but that may have been removed by now.

You stay classy, Wings fans :thumbup:

I didn't know it's the same guy who is making all these horrible calls against Detroit/Homer, but I seriously don't understand why they can't watch the replays and overrule the decision, like they're able to do in situations where it's uncertain if the puck went in or not.

And the whole rule needs to be made clearer... I don't really understand how the goalie intereference rule works, and judging by total lack of consistancy in the GI calls, I don't think the refs do either.

Titanium, this post is epic.

Yup, I was at the game last night and it's starting to piss me off. The lockout\strike pissed me off and I didn't watch NHL hockey for 1 1\2 years, and if they continue to consistently referee against Detroit I'll stop watching again.

If everyone wants their voice to be heard. Then do so here. Who knows if they'll take anyone seriously but I'd recommend to keep your responses mature. Maybe we can flood this email box and make them understand it's a big problem.

http://www.nhlofficials.com/contact.asp

To whom it may concern:

As a lifelong Red Wings fan, I take hockey and the welfare of the team very seriously. In doing so, I can't help but raise my eyebrows at the actions of Dan O'Halloran as of late. I am not sending this comment to say that Mr. O'Halloran is a "bad" referee, but simply to ask how the NHL Officials Association can allow such biased attitudes in officiating against the Detroit Red Wings.

Naturally, I am specifically talking about Tomas Holmstrom and the calls made against him by Mr. O'Halloran. I believe I'm not speaking out of my team allegiance when I say that his calls against Holmstrom are unwarranted. I've even spoken with many fans of other teams - who hold no allegiance with the Detroit Red Wings - who feel that something just isn't right with the attitude of Mr. O'Halloran and Holmstrom.

I will not pretend to understand why Dan O'Halloran is assigned to referee Detroit Red Wings games time and time again, but I strongly suggest this issue be looked into for the sake of the NHL's fan base.

Again, I am not saying that Mr. O'Halloran is a "bad" referee. I am simply asking that the issue of his calls on Detroit's Tomas Holmstrom be looked into and reviewed if possible. If there is, in fact, bias in his calls - which many feel that there seems to be - I believe, as a fan, that this matter should be dealt with accordingly.

Sincerely,

Amanda [Last].

To whom it may concern:

As a lifelong Red Wings fan, I take hockey and the welfare of the team very seriously. In doing so, I can't help but raise my eyebrows at the actions of Dan O'Halloran as of late. I am not sending this comment to say that Mr. O'Halloran is a "bad" referee, but simply to ask how the NHL Officials Association can allow such biased attitudes in officiating against the Detroit Red Wings.

Naturally, I am specifically talking about Tomas Holmstrom and the calls made against him by Mr. O'Halloran. I believe I'm not speaking out of my team allegiance when I say that his calls against Holmstrom are unwarranted. I've even spoken with many fans of other teams - who hold no allegiance with the Detroit Red Wings - who feel that something just isn't right with the attitude of Mr. O'Halloran and Holmstrom.

I will not pretend to understand why Dan O'Halloran is assigned to referee Detroit Red Wings games time and time again, but I strongly suggest this issue be looked into for the sake of the NHL's fan base.

Again, I am not saying that Mr. O'Halloran is a "bad" referee. I am simply asking that the issue of his calls on Detroit's Tomas Holmstrom be looked into and reviewed if possible. If there is, in fact, bias in his calls - which many feel that there seems to be - I believe, as a fan, that this matter should be dealt with accordingly.

Sincerely,

Amanda [Last].

Well put...

To whom it may concern:

Sincerely,

Amanda [Last].

lol I could not stay that calm and collective while posting an email to them. Maybe the 2nd time put not the third time.

lol I could not stay that calm and collective while posting an email to them. Maybe the 2nd time put not the third time.

I had to take breaks because I just wanted to type "O'Halloran sucks" over and over again. :P

O'Halloran is SO motivated to prove that he isn't biased toward the Red Wings that he makes all his calls to MAKE SURE that no one can say that he gives the Red Wings calls just because he is from Brighton.