• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hank

Red Wings TV Ratings Down 21%

Rate this topic

Read all this stuff and for me conclusion is obvious: excitement is down. There is no young soon to be SidneyCrosby's as Datsyk and Zetterberg were couple of seasons ago. D&Z were young and exotic and promising players some time ago- reason for excitement. Now they look like seasoned vets and "it has become all the same" .

being young and promising creates excitement and thats the reason why Yzerman created lots of "bandwagon jumping".

And I do not think that Helm or Abdelkader or actually anybody from Grand Rapids is able to create "bigger storm".

Edited by hokike

I seldom watch the Wings anymore, although I still follow them.

I'm a child of the 80's and grew up watching the high-scoring Chuck Norris division. The current NHL product just pales in comparison to those days, unfortunately. There's still too much obstruction (frankly, players are just getting too big) and fighting is now taboo.

Not too exciting, folks.

Wow, reading this thread... it's crazy how other peoples perspectives are around the world. A Flames fan, associates himself with a hard working, blue collar guy. There's a reason Regehr is so popular, honestly, Michigan fans, the ones who attend the games for the most part, love the physical stuff. Dont quote me and tell me how you dont, watch the goddamn games when Downey hammers someone they go wild. They love it, Datsyuk deking someone out of there shoes just keeps the momentum up.

I really dont want to get into this, will get much too frustrated, but I'm all for more North Americans, I mean Z and Dats are special, Hossa too, but Kopecky, Sammy, Fillpula, can be easily replaced with blue collar guys. But it's not Kennys style, so I dont even get fed up over it, just get around it and cheer the team on. As long as Danny gets that Cup and brings er home is all I care about!

I haven't changed my viewing habits. I still watch and record every game...that will not change. I think for me it's been more fun this season, because I've been able to go watch a few games live (coming up Wednesday will be game #4 for me to see live this year). That makes a difference to me.

But that's only me.

Here is a sampling of various comments, culled from this thread:

Too many Europeans

Not enough north americans

YES there are too many Europeans

I don't care about hearing about Canadian bulls***

the fact that he walks and talks like me and would blend right in to my social circle

Now, I more fully understand why Clint Eastwood filmed "Gran Torino" where he did!

Wrong, Brisebois is softer than Flip I don't see any difference between Lebda and Flip...

Lebda will stick up for himself in a scrum, where as Val will pull the ole zette trick, give a disgruntled face and walk away.

Not saying Lebda is a physical player, but if he has to, he will stick up for himself..

I.E. http://hockeyfights.com/fights/32028 -- and his little almost glove dropping moment with Doug Weight last year.

Lebda will stick up for himself in a scrum, where as Val will pull the ole zette trick, give a disgruntled face and walk away.

Not saying Lebda is a physical player, but if he has to, he will stick up for himself..

I.E. http://hockeyfights.com/fights/32028 -- and his little almost glove dropping moment with Doug Weight last year.

Lebda is the punching and hitting bag...

Wrong, Brisebois is softer than Flip I don't see any difference between Lebda and Flip...

Wrong, I do see Lebda in the middle of a scrum from time to time mouthing off, when was the last time Flip has pushed anybody?

Edited by Coolio Mendez

Lebda is the punching and hitting bag...

And you do see Lebda making an effort to fight back? Right? Flip was being tossed around like a rag doll a couple weeks ago against O'Donnell, isn't in your instinct to at least defend yourself?....nope not for Flip he just stood there.

Edited by Coolio Mendez

I haven't read any responses, but here's my one cent.

You don't build a team for TV ratings.

And Ilitch doesn't care about the drop in T.V ratings? T.V deals are big money, a sudden drop in T.V ratings is not good news for any team owner! Why do you build a powerhouse when nobody watches?

I haven't read any responses, but here's my one cent.

You don't build a team for TV ratings.

Lack of advertising revenue due to poor ratings could result in higher ticket costs.

Plus low ratings puts the ball in the TV stations court when it comes to negotiating contracts.

That statistic has to be in the Detroit area viewing ONLY!!!!

Because here is a story that talks about TV ratings increase across the board!!!!

RATINGS INCREASE

The answer therefore is very simple......

21% of the smart hockey TV viewers have left the depressing and economically challenged Detroit area.......DUH!

...and probably the state of Michigan!

Maybe 21% of the viewers had their TV's stolen or repossessed.......LOL

Isn't Michigan only one of two states that actually lost population in the last few years????

I think the hockey viewers generally have higher IQ's than other sports viewers.....LOL.