• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Wings to Open 09-10 season in Stockholm, Sweden

Rate this topic

The-Simpsons---Mr-Burns-Excellent--C11749617.jpeg

Was initially against this idea for the Wings, but it is good for the league (not just because the Wings are in it, not trying to sound like a homer), league has international fans, game is worldwide, etc.

Plus Wings and Sweden kinda mix well right now. :P

Not happy about this, we saw what a Stanley Cup hangover was like without going overseas. Plus, I hate the BS and hype made about this stuff.

I'm with you about playing overseas. But the more I think about it, we have 6 days until our next game stateside, and it's basically a home game. I highly doubt we'll see any Blues jerseys in the stands, but I bet there'll be Wings jerseys all over the place.

Besides, despite an overseas "curse," the Wings seem to like destroying conventional wisdom (i.e. Euros are too soft to win the Cup, no Euro Captain will ever win the Cup, yada, yada)

Cool ... that's the first part of my hockey travel for next season sorted then ... just need some favourable scheduling to try to nail some of the 7 remaining NHL arena's that I have to visit :)

So apparently part of this agreement is that the Wings play at least one exhibition game against.....Färjestad BK! Is this because they have Dick Axelsson, or what? Apparently this will be played in Karlstad....in a little 8200 seat arena.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hock...ticle4200242.ab

This should really be something to see. When is the last time the Wings played a team from another league?