• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/8 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Penguins 0

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Looks like franzen might be able to play

"- It's no big deal, just a swollen hand. I'm hoping to be able to play as early as against pittsburgh, franzen says."

I'm assuming Kopy is in today.

It will be interesting. He now realizes that LGW people are against re-signing him, so he wants to make a statement. In his first shift, he gets a goal to put the Wings up 1-0. In the second period, Crosby scores, but a Kronwall goal sends the Wings back into the lead.

The third begins with a Pen defenseman scoring a goal, but no one will remember his name since the assist came from Crosby.

With 7:10 to go in the game, Kopy has his great moment of hockey intuition. He skates up to Crosby and says (in Slovakian) "Wanna go?" Crosby, who speaks all languages, immediately translates this within earshot of an official. Kopy lets Sid throw the first punch and then fights him to a draw.

They each get 5 for fighting, with Sid drawing the instigator penalty. With 34 seconds left in the game, Kopy gets the puck, and passes it to an open Hossa, who pots the GWG.

Wings win 3-2, and the world goes crazy as Sid the Kid gets a GHHT.

The next issue of THN has a cover story proclaiming "Sid Gets a Gordie!" with a little box side-story reading "Hossa's friend gets one too."

Disclaimers: I actually like Sid. This is for amusement purposes only.

Actual outcome is subject to change. Do not make monetary wagers based on these claims.

EDIT due to inaccurate scenario. Thanks to Zion for pointing it out.

Edited by 55fan

Fighting majors do not affect team strength.

Players would not be released from the box until the next whistle after the expiration of their fighting majors.

I'm assuming Kopy is in today.

Disclaimers: I actually like Sid. This is for amusement purposes only.

Actual outcome is subject to change. Do not make monetary wagers based on these claims.

I read somewhere last night he was having trouble with a hip pointer, but maybe.

Sid is pure entertainment:

"We had a huge win there, a character win," Crosby said. "There was a lot of emotion in that game, given what happened last year. I don't think that's disappeared. It's probably going to be the same way [today]. That's just how our rivalry works and what's developed."

We... have a rivalry? :unsure: Ooooh-kay....

really?

Your last tilt with the Wings (Nov. 11 6-7 loss) was not a character win, Snidley. A defensive melt-down by the Wings, perhaps. I won't say that isn't going to happen again, mind you, but it had nothing to do with you, Sid, believe it or not. :hehe:

Edited by puckloo39

If the Wings are going to win this game, Malkin MUST be kept to the outside.

Conklin needs to start

Datsyuk / Hossa / Zetterberg have to step up and razzle dazzle them

Keep Crosby away from the refs during the TV timeouts.

I wish I could see those three on the PP. Why can't Hossa stand in front of the net? He's great at deflections.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that for the 1st time that Wings win 14-3.

Datsyuk has a goal and 13 assists to move within 3 points of Malkin for the scoring lead. Crosby has a 9 point night (3 goals, 6 assists).

Oh, and haven't seen it in its own thread, but it appears that the majority of NHL players think Crosby is a whiny little ***** too :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?p...809playersurvey

Current Streaks

Season

Overall: 3-game winning streak

Road: 4-game losing streak.

Streaks vs. Pittsburgh

Overall: 1-game losing streak (overtime)

Road: 1-game winning streak (shutout).

Games on Consecutive Dates

This is the finale of the 8th pair of games on consecutive dates played this season. The Club's record in the previous seven pairs:

3W-0L-4SPLT.

Games on this Day of the Week

This is the second Sunday game (of 7) this season. The Club's record in the other Sunday game:

1W-0L.

Record on This Date

February 8

This is the 34th game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 33 games:

13W-19L-1T.

LGW.

I read somewhere last night he was having trouble with a hip pointer, but maybe.

Sid is pure entertainment:

"We had a huge win there, a character win," Crosby said. "There was a lot of emotion in that game, given what happened last year. I don't think that's disappeared. It's probably going to be the same way [today]. That's just how our rivalry works and what's developed."

We... have a rivalry? :unsure: Ooooh-kay....

really?

Your last tilt with the Wings (Nov. 11 6-7 loss) was not a character win, Snidley. A defensive melt-down by the Wings, perhaps. I won't say that isn't going to happen again, mind you, but it had nothing to do with you, Sid, believe it or not. :hehe:

Well said. On November 11th after 2 periods that shots were 26-14. The score was 4-2 which became 5-2 before the meltdown. The Wings finished 3 for 5 on the powerplay and the Pens finished 1 for 5.

Except for the last 13 minutes, the Wings totally dominated the Pens.

I'm looking for another convincing domination by the Wings but with the additional 13 minutes addd in.

4-2 Wings

I wish I could see those three on the PP. Why can't Hossa stand in front of the net? He's great at deflections.

Because Sammy would likley hit him in the mellon with an uncontrolled blast from the point! (Cleary Style) :scared:

Wings 5

Pens 4

Zion, you're so right. I'll have to go back and fix that. Thanks.

No prob. As much as I'd pay to see Kopy do something, ANYTHING exciting (besides getting his helmet knocked off on a hit by Pronger)... I just can't picture him doing much in terms of offensive production (unless he somehow gets paired with Datsyuk and Hossa again.

Wings take this one 14 to 3. Malkin takes a slapshot to the trachea, and is pronounced by the team doctors. No worries though, as Crosby says to the crowd, "He who believes in me will live, even though he dies, and whoever lives and believes in me will never die," and raises him from the dead.

The Pens still lose though.

That has got to be one of the best uses of Scripture ever. :lol: I ROFLskied.

i want to see sid cry.

That's pretty much a given.

Wings win 5-3. :siren:

Edited by wingnut40

I would love to see the Pens get smacked like they were Edmonton today, that would be massively awesome.

I doubt it will happen today though-

Wings win 5-3.

Gawd yes pleeeeaaaaase play Conklin. I don't feel like being a chain-smoking nervous wreck today, waiting for Osgood to blow it!!

Looks like franzen might be able to play

"- It's no big deal, just a swollen hand. I'm hoping to be able to play as early as against pittsburgh, franzen says."

I heard he was going for a CT scan, any word on that?

Wings 5-2.

All depends on how the refs want to call it. If any of them touch Sid then it will be a 5 minute major. If Oheleran is one of the refs expect two goals disallowed. Any word on Franzen and if they pulled up Abdelkader to take his spot?