• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KrazyGangsta

What about this trade?

Rate this topic

Dwayne Roloson and Eric Cole for Samuellson - Filppula - Osgood

Dwayne Roloson is about 3.2 cap hit equalizes by Filppula's contract

Eric Cole has 4 million cap ... Samuellson 1.2 and we've got 1.2 left = 2.4 million cap

If I remember right since it's past half the season it won't hit the cap 4 million exactly a bit less or something.

Cole is a FA after this season could very well go back to edmonton if he pleases ...

Roloson is FA also...

Eric Cole has 4 million cap ... Samuellson 1.2 and we've got 1.2 left = 2.4 million cap

If I remember right since it's past half the season it won't hit the cap 4 million exactly a bit less or something.

Cole is a FA after this season could very well go back to edmonton if he pleases ...

Roloson is FA also...

Its not the worst idea i've seen but i would prefer the wings dump some salary in a trade.

Edited by UP2HERE

I don't see how that addresses a need.

Samuelsson is Cole, just cheaper. (This season)

Osgood for Roloson is a wash.

Filpulla could be used to get something we need (banging forward, defenseman)

As far as I know, the team is not in need of a new towel boy. Kopecky has fit that role perfectly.

I would rather have Penner, if he could ever get his game back. I don't understand why people want to get rid of Samuelsson; for what he gets paid, he delivers. Flip is the one who is underachieving.

I don't see how that addresses a need.

Samuelsson is Cole, just cheaper. (This season)

Osgood for Roloson is a wash.

Filpulla could be used to get something we need (banging forward, defenseman)

Sammy isn't Cole. Cole is much more physical, faster, and scores garbage goals. Sammy is more finesse and can play the point. Not really comparable in many ways.

That said, this trade is HORRIFIC. Value for value, Osgood/Roloson and Sammy/Cole wipe each other out, so we basically give Filppula away for free to a team that could use him.

Osgood has zero trade value. Probably couldn't get a 7th round pick.

are these random thoughts in your head, or do you actually watch and understand the game?

A goalie hits a slump and now he's not worth a 7th rounder?

Roloson is FA also...

I think that's a brutal idea. That's why Kenny Holland is the GM and you are not. Cole is washed up, Roloson has never won anything (and is way overpaid), and there's no point in giving away Osgood and his value salary...have a little faith in the guy...even if he's not the starter for us, he's a proven playoff performer and will be good insurance for us if Conks isn't coming through (provided he is the playoff starter).

I wish people would realize that being the GM of the Wings isn't the same as managing your dynasty on NHL 09. I don't mean to be rude to the topic starter, you are definetely not the first person to bring up a potential trade that to me has busted logic. Sure its a possibility, but is this really something Kenny would do...ever? No. The Wings hardly ever trade anyone. And they sure as hell aren't going to trade away multiple pieces of a Championship team. Illitch said it himself, "its all built on trust", and regardless of wheter a player has a no trade clause or not.. there is still an enormous amount of security that comes with being a Red Wing. So I guess what I'm trying to get at is this, there will be no one leaving this team.. possibly additions, but even that would seem strange to me.

I just traded Kopecy, Franzen and Filppula for Kovalchuk on NHL 09. I'm going to win the Cup for sure.

edit:grammer

Edited by DYags

Uh...we want to repeat right?

Cole is BRUTAL and Roloson is very average and prone to BLOWOUTS as we have seen three times this season.

I wouldn't freak out about our cap space next year. Holland will find a way to get it done.

Well mostly the trade is to dump salary ... for people that think ... Samy > Cole wow that's just plain sad, Cole more physical and can get you those goals that people on the wings don't like getting there noses dirty. Now I know this trade would never happen but it was just my opinion on how we could dump salary get ourselves a goalie that's in his last years and wants to win a stanley cup before he retires *motivation factor plays here also. Why flip? ... well first of all I am dumping his salary and edmonton wouldn't just make a trade for nothing.

By Flip + Sammy + Osgood out you've just saved up about 6 millions in cap for next year which could be used to re-sign Hossa.

Now Osgood gone, re-sign Conklin bring up Howard see what the kid got. Re-sign Leino and make Helm starter along side. Let Franzen walk.

Hossa Datsyuk Holmstrom

Hudler Zetterberg Leino

Maltby Draper Cleary

Kopecky Helm Maltby

Lidstrom Rafalski

Kronwall Stuart

Ericsson Lilja

Conklin

Howard

People might argue that Helm, Leino and Adkel are rookies or not starters caliber yet. Probably not this year, but Helm was pretty decent in the playoffs last year which he gained a lot of experience and is gaining his experience this year so he will be much capable of being a starter next year no problem. As for Leino, people probably would say what makes me think his ready for 2nd line, well as of now his not but if continues to play like this and improve, he will be very capable of being a 2nd liner next year. So basically the only real rookies and not as much experienced players would be Ericsson / Adkel, which I'm sure shouldn't be as big of a problem.

are these random thoughts in your head, or do you actually watch and understand the game?

A goalie hits a slump and now he's not worth a 7th rounder?

Osgood is ancient and doesn't have too many years left, but thats not to say someone wouldn't trade for him. It wouldn't be worth it to trade Osgood... the return wouldn't make as big of an impact as he does for our team.

Hemsky <----> Filpulla + Franzen (Hudler) + picks?

4,1M <----> 3,942M (4,015M) + picks?

(Samuelsson could join them as well)

I just like Hemsky. :blush:

Maybe Fil and a mid pick, but no way in hell would I add in Franzen or Hudler.