• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2/13 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Blue Jackets 3

Rate this topic

I just vowed to never watch another game with FSNOhio broadcasters. My God.... :rolleyes:

I don't really like any hometown announcers. Chris Cuthbert is the man for me.

just for the record--

The red wings are the ONLY team in the NHL this year, that doesnt have the 2nd game of back to back night games on home ice, EVERY 2nd game of a 2 games in 2 nights is on the road, 29 other teams have a few games that the 2nd game is at home--NOT DETROIT!!

Ozzie Watch:

positive: some excellent saves

negative: 1 1/2 bad goals out of 3.

The 2nd goal was a direct result of him having the initial shot bounce of his catching glove. The 3rd goal was soft 5 hole.

the first was terrbile as well. Sure chelios passed it right to them, but as your teams starting goaltender, you should know how to take the angle away from a player who is shooting from the outside. Both chris' sucked ass on that play.

just for the record--

The red wings are the ONLY team in the NHL this year, that doesnt have the 2nd game of back to back night games on home ice, EVERY 2nd game of a 2 games in 2 nights is on the road, 29 other teams have a few games that the 2nd game is at home--NOT DETROIT!!

It's not the schedule's fault Babcock started Osgood.

You guys are talking Ozzie down in this game. He didn't steal the game but I'll tell you one thing he stole; he stole a domination from Columbus. Without his miracle saves this game which baled out horrible plays by the D, it woulda been, I can see up to 6 - 2.

i think it's the other way around. without mason, the wings win this thing 5-3 (5-2 with conklin in net :P )

one thing is for sure, osgood isn't giving us a chance to win this year. he wasn't terrible tonight, and the defense wasn't great, but osgood was out-dueled by mason. another sub 90 % night for osgood, big surprise. he isn't making the big stops. if the wings score a lot of goals, ozzy can win, but if the wings are under 3 or 4 goals, chances are, ozzy's gonna let in more. i don't know why conklin isn't our clear starter at this point. :angry:

I am not an ozzie hater but I can accept that fact that he does not have the same stuff this year.

I'm not even much of an "Ozzie Lover" but if anyone honestly thinks we're better off going with someone like Conklin in the playoffs, then y'all deserve Legace again. Since he's done so much for us and all...and for the Blues...where's he now???

You've got to give Osgood every chance to get going because he's the best option.

2 Cups. Tons of playoff games.

It's like this: we will not win the playoffs with Conklin. We might not win with Osgood. We might win with Osgood. But you can't win every year. Even the best goalies, at least last time I checked, I suppose history could change and all, but yeah, the best goalies ever...I don't think they won the Cup every year, no? This is all just silly. A waste of an argument.

And again, Osgood played fine tonight. Last two games I have no complaints. I do not ***** about goalies letting in 1 goal they should've had. I give goalies one of those every game. The other goals were out of his hands and he played great otherwise. As all the broadcasters said, Osgood made some great saves and gave the Wings every reasonable chance to win.

Oh, look at that!

Osgood: player of the game.

Some of y'all are just plain stupid. Seriously. Grow up.

Ok I don't think Chelios looked that bad, yeah he messed up on that one Columbus goal but overall I can't use the word "terrible" to describe his play. More like marginal.....

marginal defense and marginal goal-tending against good-goal tending. that was tonight's story.

Guest mindfly

Enough with the worshipping of mason already, this loss was all on detroit, they didn't have any legs out there what so ever.. mason played good but the loss was more due to red wings being s*** than mason being good so to speak.

It's not the schedule's fault Babcock started Osgood.

You can't put the loss on account of the other teams stellar goaltending, a team this good can only look at themselves, and right now point at D for playing like s***.

On the contrary, though, Ozzy came up with big saves here, which was my point to begin with. Ozzy gave us a chance and we didn't really take it.

BJ pretty much look that they will make the playoff this season. They beat the WINGS so.. well don't need to say more.

Whatever, I hate BJ to make the playoff. I hate Mason so much...

I would be terrified if we were matched up against Columbus in the 1st round, which isn't entirely unlikely.

Not only because of this game, but we always seem to struggle a bit against them.. and they're not very fun to watch either.

Mason vs. Ozzie in a 7 game series could get really ugly.

Minnesota is another team I wouldn't want us to meet, similar team to the BJ's.

But I put this game down to being tired and meeting a team that is fighting for it's life and has the hottest goaltender in the league.

On Sunday we should be right back on track against the weak Avs.

P.S. San Jose turned the game around, now has the lead 5-4 against Buffalo. Those bastards.

Edited by dat's sick

Babcock:

"I thought Osgood played real good."

"I thought Ozzie's been good two games in a row for us. I thought he gave us a chance tonight and that's real important for your goalie to do."

"We're real comfortable with how they're both playing at the moment."

Enough with the worshipping of mason already, this loss was all on detroit, they didn't have any legs out there what so ever.. mason played good but the loss was more due to red wings being s*** than mason being good so to speak.

detroit didn't look great tonight, but they still had more chances than columbus and 9 more shots. i don't think anybody is worshiping mason, but he played well, better than our #30, and that was the difference. if the wings had legs and were on their game tonight, osgood's typical mediocrity (this year) probably wouldn't have mattered, the wings would have just scored more goals than ozzy let in. as it was they needed his help tonight, and he didn't cut it.

You guys are talking Ozzie down in this game. He didn't steal the game but I'll tell you one thing he stole; he stole a domination from Columbus. Without his miracle saves this game which baled out horrible plays by the D, it woulda been, I can see up to 6 - 2.

Yeah, you notice how the haters aren't talking about what the score could have been if Oz hadn't played his ass off for two and 3/4 periods?? Go frickin' figure.

Right on, and WELCOME.

tonight's loss to me was a result of a few factors that worked against us: 4 regulars out, playing 5 games in 7 days, Jackets hadn't played since Tue(which was also a home game), we were very sloppy for much of the game, bad passing, questionable calls(to me the BJs second goal was a result of Fritsche bumping Osgood slightly out of position so he could not get set for the next shot), and just general lack of focus and urgency

but hey, we had just won 6 in a row, can't win 'em all

and it may be small consolation, but with all those things going against us, the Jackets were only able to squeak past us

can't wait for revenge Mar. 7 at the Joe

5-4 San Jose....thanks Buffalo...good job doing your part

San Jose is the best team in the league. Shouldn't be surprised.

I would be terrified if we were matched up against Columbus in the 1st round, which isn't entirely unlikely.

I don't like any of the matchups for the Wings in the West.