• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

Washington Beating up on Pittsburgh

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline
Pierre is pointing out there is excessive lip service towards Crosby. Oh noez, not insults on our poor baby posterboy! =[

Why have we fans not earned the right to have a live mic to hear whats going on down there? :(

I wish Ovie and Crosby would drop em. I bet Ovie would pound his face into the ice.

Also, my buddy who just started watching hockey during the playoffs last year but mostly this season has even pointed out how he thinks Crosby is a whiny ***** and the refs need to stop looking out for him. Probably partially my influence.

Edited by henrik40

WTF. Did you ever see that Datsyuk guy?

I agree with what you're saying but to be fair, watching Datsyuk is a lot different than watching Ovechkin. They're both very, very intense. It just comes out in different ways. Ovy really keeps the party alive and is the definition of extrovert and fun-loving. Datsyuk is a humble, shy and reserved man who's slowly becoming more comfortable expressing himself. If you didn't know anything about either one of them before seeing them, which one do you think would be more fun to watch? A majority of people would probably say the guy who jumps against the boards in after every time he scores instead of the guy who 9.9 times out of 10 would rather make the pass.

Do you guys think Fleury is a good goalie? Seriously, everyone said he is still young and a lot of potential guy but he is having his 4th season and except for the last season, he has been just an average goalie or lower than the average.

Besides, just an additional detail, but I am really happy that everyone now knows Ovechkin is better than Crosby and Crosby cannot play any defensive game; single dimensional player

If the Caps ever get their defense to play better defense, they will be the team in the East with the best chance of winning. God I'd love to see Ovie lift the cup before Crosby.

That being said, the Cup is going to Detroit or San Jose.

Why have we fans not earned the right to have a live mic to hear whats going on down there? :(

One of the worst parts of these telecasts is the non-live mic. Every single time they show it, it follows the exact same pattern:

1. Guy calls for pass.

2. Guy skates around while not saying anything.

3. Guy reacts to a goal, usually with "YEAH!" or "WOOOOO!"

No reason why they can't show some of the more interesting stuff and just censor the swearing.

One of the worst parts of these telecasts is the non-live mic. Every single time they show it, it follows the exact same pattern:

1. Guy calls for pass.

2. Guy skates around while not saying anything.

3. Guy reacts to a goal, usually with "YEAH!" or "WOOOOO!"

No reason why they can't show some of the more interesting stuff and just censor the swearing.

But they want people to think that a bunch of intense grown men playing the most intense game on earth never say anything mean to each other in the heat of the moment.

Can't help but like ovechkin, not just cuz of his skills(which are great) but he is just so happy to be out there and you can tell he just loves what he's doing. Like dancing around after the game, handing out pucks to the fans. I hope he wins the cup if the wings dont.

I'm not saying that either of the two teams will make the finals but I always wonder how the Wings would do against a team in a playoff series and the only situation in which they would see the Caps is in the finals. Last year against the Pens, I was confident that they would take it in 5 and I was almost right. The Caps, however, look pretty insane and I'm still unsure as to how the Wings would fare.

I'm not saying that either of the two teams will make the finals but I always wonder how the Wings would do against a team in a playoff series and the only situation in which they would see the Caps is in the finals. Last year against the Pens, I was confident that they would take it in 5 and I was almost right. The Caps, however, look pretty insane and I'm still unsure as to how the Wings would fare.

I think the Wings would win, and here's why:

Simiar in almost every way, the Wings are much deeper than the Caps and if our defense ever showed up to play like we know they can, game over.

I think the Wings would win, and here's why:

Simiar in almost every way, the Wings are much deeper than the Caps and if our defense ever showed up to play like we know they can, game over.

I forget about Jose Theodore. Just send the Mule to the net.

If the Caps ever get their defense to play better defense, they will be the team in the East with the best chance of winning. God I'd love to see Ovie lift the cup before Crosby.

Same here. I can only imagine the crazy s*** he'd do with the Cup.

Any YouTube-age of the hissy fit that Crosby threw on Ovie near the end of the 2nd period? From the description I read on TSN, it sounds like Crosby just completely lost his composure...again. And people wonder why he's called a crybaby.

Same here. I can only imagine the crazy s*** he'd do with the Cup.

Any YouTube-age of the hissy fit that Crosby threw on Ovie near the end of the 2nd period? From the description I read on TSN, it sounds like Crosby just completely lost his composure...again. And people wonder why he's called a crybaby.

There wont be a video because that happens 500 times a game, every game.

Ovechkin is friggin' good...I just wonder when he'll stop cutting his own hair.

ovechkin-nc.jpg

TSN has a great game recap and surprise surprise Crosby is crying about ovie being a showman. I mean God forbid someone in the NHL show some passion.

I say it's about damn time. The NHL needs showmen. I watch every Caps game I can. Ovie is among few player I feel are worth the price of admission.

Crosby is the most boring, coached (interview wise), pansy ass. Just because he has no personality does not mean the rest of the NHL players should act that way.

TSN has a great game recap and surprise surprise Crosby is crying about ovie being a showman. I mean God forbid someone in the NHL show some passion.

I say it's about damn time. The NHL needs showmen. I watch every Caps game I can. Ovie is among few player I feel are worth the price of admission.

Crosby is the most boring, coached (interview wise), pansy ass. Just because he has no personality does not mean the rest of the NHL players should act that way.

QFT

I love that Sid threw a another tantrum after being out classed by another great player. Sid does talk far too much and obviously losing has gotten to him. Reminiscent of the Game 4 SCF last year with Hank. Sid needs to either put up or shut up. Either do something about it or quit your bitching.

Edited by b.shanafan14

The fact that this video is titled "Ovechkin and Crosby fight in Caps 5-2 win" is embarrassing.

You can call him a pansy ass, but there is no way Crosby is boring to watch.

And as for Ovechkin's goal celebrations - there is something to be said for people who act like they've scored before. Thats what I really liked about Yzerman, and players like Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen.

Ovechkin scores 50 goals a season for god's sake - its about time he starts acting like he's done it before. I don't know about you guys, but his moves are exciting enough for me. I don't need to see him jumping up and down like an ape every time he scores a goal.

anyone just see peirre actually complementing and defending the wings? wow. im shocked. meanwhile milbury claims that wings fans are tired because the wings are not exciting because they are so efficient. wtf

RSparty, you win the sig contest! Your signature rocks! :thumbup:

The fact that this video is titled "Ovechkin and Crosby fight in Caps 5-2 win" is embarrassing.

You can call him a pansy ass, but there is no way Crosby is boring to watch.

And as for Ovechkin's goal celebrations - there is something to be said for people who act like they've scored before. Thats what I really liked about Yzerman, and players like Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen.

Ovechkin scores 50 goals a season for god's sake - its about time he starts acting like he's done it before. I don't know about you guys, but his moves are exciting enough for me. I don't need to see him jumping up and down like an ape every time he scores a goal.

I meant he has a boring personality, at least in front of the media. Very company line and very little independent though or emotion during interviews, frankly that is a big reason why I like Ovie and hate Crosby. I'll say I was surprised he let his emotions out some after the game though, it was nice to see he's human.

About the Ovie celebrations I understand your point, however I like them. I like the passion he has and SHOWS the connection it gives the crowd when he hits the glass, and the infectious nature it seems to have on the team. I watch a lot of games and the Caps always look more excited then any other team when they score.

you know what, i like seeing AO jump around. It's about freaking time someone in the NHL showed emotion.

And whoever said Yzerman never showed emotion after he scored doesn't remember this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaOri2UKBTo...feature=related yeah i know it was game 7 double ot.

But still. I've seen guys score an overtime game winner and act like they just took out the trash. Enough,......AO loves the game, what's the problem in that?