• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2009 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

Everyone's known that since about last month. I really don't think anyone was anticipating a deal this season, unlike last season (when the Hossa rumors were flying around, among others).

It's not over yet. Holland himself WAS shopping for someone, so I don't think we can say "everyone knew we wouldn't."

We might not, maybe even probably, but it takes a little while yet for these things to break.

It's not over yet. Holland himself WAS shopping for someone, so I don't think we can say "everyone knew we wouldn't."

We might not, maybe even probably, but it takes a little while yet for these things to break.

He really sounded like he didn't want to make a deal, though. He's not big on parting with roster players, and that's about all he can do at this point, because of the cap.

Maybe I'm reading too much into these interviews, and he's just not playing his hand to the public. Who only knows with Ken Holland; he's a very hard man to read sometimes.

LAST UPDATED (3-4-2009, 2:01 PM CT)

March 4th, 2009

To NYR: (D) D. Morris - To PHX: TBA

To NYR: (F) N. Antropov - To TOR: 2nd Round Draft Pick, Conditional Draft Pick

To PHI: (F) D. Carcillo - To PHX: S. Upshall, 2nd Round Draft Pick

To PIT: (F) Bill Guerin - To NYI: Conditional Draft Pick

To BOS: (F) M. Recchi, 2010 2nd Round Pick - To TBL: (D) M. Lashoff, (F) M. Karsums

To CAL: (F) O. Jokinen, 3rd Round Draft Pick - To PHX: (F) M. Lombardi, (F) B. Prust, 1st Draft Round Pick

To ANA: (F) P. Nokelainen - To BOS: (D) S. Montador

To DAL: (F) B. Morrison - To ANA: Waivers

To TOR: (G) M. Gerber - To OTT: Waivers

To BUF: (G) M. Tellqvist - To PHX: 4th Round Draft Pick

To PIT: (D) A. Wozniewski - To STL: (D) D. Richmond

To CAL: (D) J. Leopold - To COL: (D) L. Nycholt, (D) R. Wilson, Draft Pick

To CBJ: (F) Antione Vermette - To OTT: (G) Pascal Leclaire, 2nd Round Draft Pick

Guest Shoreline

I don't quite understand what the hell the Rangers are doing. Just dumping off younger guys for Morris..

Hope your right.

I just got home, this might have been mentioned, but I recall last year at this exact moment was the greatest jumping of ship on LGW's I have ever seen. A handful of ppl basically were calling Holland out for doing nothing (Stuart hadn't gone through yet) hahaha, and well, look how last year turned out.

Anyway, carry on.