• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2009 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

So who here really honestly thinks that the Wings with Osgood or Conklin in net can beat Calgary with Kiprusoff in net given the Flames acquisitions and recent play? I am no homer nor do I relish putting down Detroit...I just honestly believe the Wings needed an upgrade with the way the goaltending has been. People will say there weren't any upgrades but you've just got to create your own...Lehtonen in Atlanta could've been had for not much, there were players out there. Why have 5 forward lines and no goalies? It makes no sense. I am not going to lose sleep if Detroit doesn't win like many people here, I am viewing the team from an objective viewpoint and they are going to regret not getting a backstop. Fans that act like it's unneeded are just ignoring the obvious.

So who here really honestly thinks that the Wings with Osgood or Conklin in net can beat Calgary with Kiprusoff in net given the Flames acquisitions and recent play? I am no homer nor do I relish putting down Detroit...I just honestly believe the Wings needed an upgrade with the way the goaltending has been. People will say there weren't any upgrades but you've just got to create your own...Lehtonen in Atlanta could've been had for not much, there were players out there. Why have 5 forward lines and no goalies? It makes no sense. I am not going to lose sleep if Detroit doesn't win like many people here, I am viewing the team from an objective viewpoint and they are going to regret not getting a backstop. Fans that act like it's unneeded are just ignoring the obvious.
I'm sorry, but go away. No, really.

"Competitive balance" kills NHL trade deadline!

I didn't expect much and didn't think we needed any upgrades so I'm not too disappointed in the slow news day.

The positives are that neither the Sharks nor the Bruins made any significant upgrades. Calgary improved and will be tough in the playoffs. None of the teams the Wings will likely face in the first round got better either. If they can stay healthy the odds are favorable.

I see your point but the Flames also have defects on their defenses, Phaneur is not having a good season and just do not underestimate the Wings because the Flames got Jokineen from the Coyotoes. Everything matters with the team chemistry.

Technically, Kipper is a good goalie but do not forget he is not having a great year. I think Kenny is trusting Conklin and Osgood will do good and both are doing pretty decent jobs lately except for the game against the Preds.

well this sucks. i had my fingers crossed for some grit/speed/size/heart on the fourth line. can't believe kenny didn't to anything...

our fourth line sucks!

The fact that our fourth line hasn't sucked for a while now is probably the reason Holland didn't make a move.

Anaheim/Atlanta Trade

Blog: KK Hockey By Paul

03/04/09 at 03:13 PM ET | Comments (0)

via Pierre LeBrun of ESPN,

We’re told Atlanta has dealt Erik Christenson to Anaheim in exchange for prospect Eric O’Dell—the Ducks’ second pick, 39th overall, last year.

well this sucks. i had my fingers crossed for some grit/speed/size/heart on the fourth line. can't believe kenny didn't to anything...

our fourth line sucks!

Ya this really sucks !

why all the hate on Conklin? I know Osgood hasn't been great, but Conklin has done well. And in trading him we would have only dumped 750,000 in salary. I'm more confident in our goaltending this year than I was with Hasek last year. If our D doesn't step up, goaltending will be the least of our problems

"lost out" would perhaps be a bit strong...

True but almost all the Antro rumors were to us till the last second. There was hype. I think Poile may have balked because he probably wouldn't have resigned. Poni is already signed.

Poni stayed put. Damn.

Edited by shutoutking

The Kiprusoff of today or 4-5 years ago?

The Osgood of today or the Osgood of one year ago?

So who here really honestly thinks that the Wings with Osgood or Conklin in net can beat Calgary with Kiprusoff in net given the Flames acquisitions and recent play?

Me!

I have every confidence that the two of them won't lose a playoff series this year...

As for the D... keep it the same as last game because they looked amazingly strong and on last night... (yes that means let lillypads remain out becuase his replacement fits nicely out there)