• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2009 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

I'm sorry but what did Calgary do that was SOOO great? Even people in the Calgary media and bloggers circle don't think throwing out 2 fowards for 1 was a smart idea. Even if that one forward is Jokinen. I just don't think they got THAT much better.

Guest Shoreline
calgary looks scary imo.

I think they pretty much solidified their spot in the playoffs. They can be an upset team, but I don't consider them scary.

I'm sorry but what did Calgary do that was SOOO great? Even people in the Calgary media and bloggers circle don't think throwing out 2 fowards for 1 was a smart idea. Even if that one forward is Jokinen. I just don't think they got THAT much better.

wat? jokinen is great and calgary has been missing out on a #1 center for a long time. leopold is a good top4 dmen who will help calgary as well. very solid team imo.

Genius move by Philly to get Carcillo...

Wings needed a guy like him or Neil.

Did Holland take a golf day in Florida? Although I'm not surprised that we didn't make moves.

Genius move by Philly to get Carcillo...

Wings needed a guy like him or Neil.

Did Holland take a golf day in Florida? Although I'm not surprised that we didn't make moves.

calgary doesn't look anymore scary with Ollie than the wings look with The_hoss or is Ollie really that much better than marian?!

Some of you are talking like the day is over. Just because the deadline is a 3 pm doesn't mean the teams have to report there trades before 3 pm. I remember last year some trades broke at 6 or 7.

Good point. But would any of us really be surprised if the Wings DID NOT make any moves? If so, it'd be Sammy or someone that's going to be FA at Year's end for a draft pick.

Now Pierre thinks the Wings won't sign Hossa. <.<

He didn't say that... He is saying how great the Wings Management is. He think Franzen & Hossa will be resigned.

I see your point but the Flames also have defects on their defenses, Phaneur is not having a good season and just do not underestimate the Wings because the Flames got Jokineen from the Coyotoes. Everything matters with the team chemistry.

Technically, Kipper is a good goalie but do not forget he is not having a great year. I think Kenny is trusting Conklin and Osgood will do good and both are doing pretty decent jobs lately except for the game against the Preds.

I don't see where Kipper's not having a good year. I have to agree with Shadow 47 general sentiments. I won't be holding my breath this playoff run. To much longterm contracts for my taste, but that's the Holland way - we'll see?

Guest lnvincible
He didn't say that... He is saying how great the Wings Management is. He think Franzen & Hossa will be resigned.

What he said^

if all tests are negative on his neck and spine then i don't see why we shouldn't re-sign the Hoss... now if last night had the opposite outcome, pierre might be right... no way in hell we re-sign a busted up player.

Edited by OsGOD

Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention, I thought I heard him say that the Wings are in negotiations with Hossa to get him locked up, and then said he thinks they won't do it.

Good point. But would any of us really be surprised if the Wings DID NOT make any moves? If so, it'd be Sammy or someone that's going to be FA at Year's end for a draft pick.

Yeah I don't think the Wings will do anything either. If I recall correctly we did not find out about the Stuart trade until 4-5. People were freaking out at 3 pm when they thought Holland did nothing.