• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
henrik40

Ott Receives One Game Suspension

Rate this topic

Gouging out someone's eye, or at least attempting to, is best left to cat fights......not hockey fights.

If they have some kind of proof he did what he's been alleged to have done, then yeah.....he should be suspended for the rest of the year. This is the NHL, in case you've forgotten and while it is a physical sport and s*** does happen......this is completely unnecessary.

Guest micah

I love seeing Ott get tooled, but I doubt he intended to injure anyone.

The crosschecks were not what I would call cheapshots, and if he gouged Moen's eye I would guess that it was his way of getting back at him for beating him, but I doubt very much that he actually attemptedto injure Moen - likely he just intended to hurt him, which is not the same thing.

Nonetheless, and eyegouge that isn't absolutely on accident deserves a suspension.

Props to Moen for doing the right thing here - he risked an instigating-in-the-last-5-minutes penalty, and he risked losing a fight, as Ott is not exactly inexpirienced at scrapping, but he fought him anyway because it was the right thing to do - that's what being a teammate is about. Good on ya, Moen. Sign him, Kenny!

It's true that it's a rare player that is really intending to injure another. But certain players are certainly more reckless and careless than others, so it's no coincidence that they're much more frequently involved in situations in which someone is injured or almost injured.

There was this now retired player the other day on the nhl home ice show 'the war room' on xm. He actually brought up Travis Moen, and that they had played together. I can't remember who this guy was talking, but he talked about Moen just being as strong as a mule. And that he would put him up against anyone in the league. I am glad Ott was on the receiving end of his anger.

You can see the alleged eye gouging at the end of the fight when Ott was on top of Moen; At the bottom of the pile, Moen's legs started to squirm back and forth---then one of the Refs said "HEY!" grabbed and pulled away Otts unbroken hand that was near Moen's face.

This video gave me much more respect for Giguere, Moen, Niedermayer, and yes even Pronger (there I said it). I like the way they all responded. A Travis Moen fan I now am.

I'm not really sure how you can say that. ;) They don't deserve any respect.

I hate Ott and I hate the Ducks...cheapshot artist meets cheapshot team. The Ducks don't like it when the tables are turned. LOL @ Giguiere trying to make pea nut butter out of Ott (although I hate it when padded up goalies go after players in general, its lame) Ott deserved what he got. Moen? Man, you beat the cheese out of a one handed, nut-less Ott...how did he manage to get at your eyes?! :blink:

All in all, I say go beat the hell out of each other--both deserve it. Suspend OTT forever. Ducks play just as dirty as Ott.

Guest Shoreline
Moen.... But it for looks, buy it for life...

You've been caught. Time to share the booze. :ranting:

At first I thought Giguere was over-reacting, then I saw the replay of Ott hacking the crap our of Niedermeyer. Moen took advantage of Ott's injury but at that point a beat-down was well deserved.

This is one reason to avoid getting someone who can bring "snarl" to a team. Drake was an old dude when he came here but while in St. Louis he received his share of suspensions. If Neil were to come here, he might also bring that unintended consequence with him.

I have a feeling the officiating will be decidedly against us in the playoffs this year. Anaheim took a lot of penalties against Dallas which they had gotten away with the year before. It's good to have a disciplined team, even if they might be boring.

Fortunately neither applies to Detroit.

I was watching this game out of pure boredom, but I've always hated players like Ott...he's always taking cheapshots, so when the fight broke out, before I knew what I was doing, I was getting excited for the Ducks (eww)...but the guy's a punk, and he fights like a puff (likely why he doesn't do much of it). The last time I saw him fight was a similar situation...he was taking liberties with the Sharks, and Thornton had enough and didn't give him a choice. Sure enough, Ott got beaten senseless and acted shocked that he was attacked. As far as the eye gouging goes...coulndn't see it, but thats pretty d**kless.

Beat me to posting the video. He was cross checking the s*** out of Niedermeyer (I think this is why he received the intent to injure match penalty) then Giggy went after him and Moen pounded him into submission. The announcers were making a big deal about how he couldn't fight because of his broken hand. What a moron go after someone when you have a broken hand. Keep in mind this was right at the end of the game I believe. Ott is a goon.

I never thought I'd defend Ott in my lifetime, but the guy cross checked Nieds three times. On the third time Jiggy attacks him. Should he have gottena penalty? Obviously. Intent to injure? Um...no? Nieds didn't even budge so I'm sure it didn't hurt that bad.

It's amazing to see Pronger get away with s*** 10x this and get a 3 game suspension, but Ott is out "indefinately" for this? What a joke.

I never thought I'd defend Ott in my lifetime, but the guy cross checked Nieds three times. On the third time Jiggy attacks him. Should he have gottena penalty? Obviously. Intent to injure? Um...no? Nieds didn't even budge so I'm sure it didn't hurt that bad.

It's amazing to see Pronger get away with s*** 10x this and get a 3 game suspension, but Ott is out "indefinately" for this? What a joke.

THE INTENT TO INJURE was on moen when he was eye gauging him when he was on top of him not on nieds