• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Herr Hockey

Rumor: Red Wings Aquire Mathieu Dandenault from Montreal Canadiens for

Rate this topic

I am going through this in my head and I just can't come to a definite conclusion. The information seems to have been reported too specifically and straight forward to be BS, but I just don't see how we could have gotten another Meech/Lebda without giving up a Meech/Lebda. Maybe one will be waived. I guess if it were between the three of them going into the playoffs I'd take Dandy, but Kenny better not even dream of resigning him if this is true. With Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, Stuart, Lilja, Meech, Lebda, and Chelios already, and Jon Ericsson in the AHL, Dandenault has no place on this team moving forward. None.

Guess you could stream their station online.

It would be strange to see the Wings make a move this early.

Given the limited number of defenseman available that they can actually afford it wouldn't surprise me to see them move now before someone else made an offer.

I'm still hoping it isn't true...

Edited by Glubki

This is exactly the kind of move I expected if something were to happen and I'm fine with it if it's true. He'll put pressure on anyone playing in the 5-6 pairing, brings some good experience, and he'll probably be happy and hungry returning to a consistently great team with a legit shot at the Cup. Plus, it already will feel like home to him. I really see no downside to this if it's true. It's highly unlikely they'd pull off something much bigger than this anyways so I don't know why people would be that upset over it.

I'm with you on this.

tsn did report earlier this week that dandenault asked to be moved.

seems like, though, any team looking to trade with the wings would ask for more than a 5th rounder,

though on second thought i guess dandenault isnt worth that much

If theres any chance a mod could restructure the title until further info comes out, it would be appreciated. I didn't mean for it to look so misleading without further info. Speaking of which, does anyone know if TSN has that transaction page again this year? They seemed to update that thing pretty damn fast last year.

Edited by Herr Hockey

tsn did report earlier this week that dandenault asked to be moved.

seems like, though, any team looking to trade with the wings would ask for more than a 5th rounder,

though on second thought i guess dandenault isnt worth that much

Plus, you won't get much for a guy that has made it known he wants out.

This has got to be a f*cking joke. I am praying this is a joke, and when I say praying I mean on me knees next to my bed pleading out loud that this not be true.

This move, if true, is simply a move to make a move -- it in no way, shape, or form makes this team any better. Nostalgia may be enough for some folks around here but it certainly isn't for me.

The sad thing is the more I think about it, the more I expect it to be true. I mean Jesus, it would make sense that we go grab a guy well past his prime, and was a healthy scratch night after night in Montreal.

If theres any chance a mod could restructure the title until further info comes out, it would be appreciated. I didn't mean for it to look so misleading without further info. Speaking of which, does anyone know if TSN has that transaction page again this year? They seemed to update that thing pretty damn fast last year.

I'm not seeing it. You are right though, they are great with updates.

I couldn't find the one for TSN, but here's the one for Sportsnet. http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/trades/

And I read earlier when he asked to be traded that apparently Montreal doesn't mind b/c they're trying to clear salary to have a better shot at bigger moves so the 5th rounder thing doesn't surprise me. You're not going to get much for a guy who wants out who's not a big name when you know the team's trying to clear space. It's a step above the Draper dollar deal.

This has got to be a f*cking joke. I am praying this is a joke, and when I say praying I mean on me knees next to my bed pleading out loud that this not be true.

This move, if true, is simply a move to make a move -- it in no way, shape, or form makes this team any better. Nostalgia may be enough for some folks around here but it certainly isn't for me.

The sad thing is the more I think about it, the more I expect it to be true. I mean Jesus, it would make sense that we go grab a guy well past his prime, and was a healthy scratch night after night in Montreal.

They don't have the ability to land a guy that will make them better on the roster come Tuesday. This is a move that just adds more pressure for guys to compete to play in the 5-6 pairing. No matter if this is true or not, don't expect anything more compelling than this to go down. The guys we have now are better set to compete than last year with Hossa. The D especially just needs a little motivation and focus.

I'm not understanding the need for anyone to ***** about the Wings acquiring someone before the deadline. They have pretty much the exact same team as last year that won the Cup PLUS the addition of Hossa. This team doesn't need to make adjustments. If they did get Dandy then it's a good move. You can never have enough D-men and on top of that he's naturally a forward so if needed *due to injuries* or whatever is the case, he can fill in that role as well.