• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

Best possible red wing lineup come playoff time?

Rate this topic

why is everyone so high on ericsson? i'm not saying he sucks, or that he screwed up but what is it that makes everyone here so willing to put the cup run in his hands?

A couple things. A. It doesn't take much to be above Lebda or Meech on the pecking order. B. He has a massive/mobile frame who plays a very steady game. C. Babcock said he made the team in training camp (along with Helm and Leino) but were down because of the numbers game/waivers exemption.

E will be on the roster. As will Helm. Leino will rotate in with the other forwards.

why is everyone so high on ericsson? i'm not saying he sucks, or that he screwed up but what is it that makes everyone here so willing to put the cup run in his hands?

I would agree that we should wait until we see more than one game with Ericsson before putting him into the playoff roster, but both he and Leino have come out of the minors and been better than a number of our roster players.

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Holmstrom

Hudler - Franzen - Hossa

Leino - Filppula - Sammy

Helm - Draper - Cleary

Reserves: Maltby, Kopecky, Downey

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Stuart

Lilja - Meech

Reseves: Lebda, Chelios

(Call my crazy I just think Meech is much better than Lebda. That, and Ledba looks like a retard on skates)

Osgood

Conklin

I believe in Osgood.

1. Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

2. Franzen - Filppula - Hossa

3. Cleary - Helm - Hudler

4. Leino - Draper - Samuelsson

Reason being I do not have Hudler over Filppula on the 2nd line is because I find him and Helm play great together. Leino seems to work well enough with Draper so I don't mind seeing them stick together.

1. Lidstrom - Rafalski

2. Kronwall - Stuart

3. Lilja - Ericsson

I really think Ericsson could play as good as Lebda, if not better. His 2 games so far have been very good, and with his size it wouldn't hurt too use it.

3. Cleary - Helm - Hudler

4. Leino - Draper - Samuelsson

1. Lidstrom - Rafalski

2. Kronwall - Stuart

3. Lilja - Ericsson

I really think Ericsson could play as good as Lebda, if not better. His 2 games so far have been very good, and with his size it wouldn't hurt too use it.

Yep, gonna agree with these but I think Leino would be swapped out with Maltby or Kopecky based on matchups.

Hudler - Datsyuk - Hossa

Franzen - Zetterberg - Holmstrom

Cleary - Filppula - Samuelsson

Kopecky - Draper - Helm/Maltby/Leino

Abdelkader/Ritola/etc...

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Stuart

Lilly - Ericsson

Chelios/Lebda/Meech/Kindl/etc...

Osgood

Conklin

Howard

You do know this is a pipe dream don't you? As long as you do, carry on. :P

3. Cleary - Hudler - Samuelsson

4. Leino - Draper -

Fourth line would be filled out with Kopecky, Maltby, Downey, Helm, Abdelkader depending on matchups and who is stepping up come playoff time. Fil centers second simply because of his ability to feed the puck to the big goal scorers.

1. Lidstrom - Kronwall

2. Rafalski - Stuart

3. Lilja - Ericsson

Lebda, Meech, Chelios as backups.

1. Conklin

2. Osgood

Goaltending could change depending on how they perform through March but I think it should be Conklin's job to lose based on the season so far.

Edited by tweekvp

Zetteberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Franzen - Filppula - Hossa

Leino - Helm - Hudler

Cleary - Draper - Samuelsson

Matlby/Kopecky

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Stuart

Lilja - Ericsson

Meech/Lebda

Osgood

Conklin

ZDH needs no explanation.

Franzen/Filppula have connected before, and Hossa has to go somewhere. There's not a whole lot of chemistry with this line but Hossa and Franzen are capable of getting things done by themselves. It'll be hard to score against this line, too.

Helm/Leino and Helm/Hudler have awesome chemistry. That's a hell of a 3rd line.

Put simply, that's the best 4th line in the NHL. They're all scrappy and defensively responsible. Combined, they also have enough skill to pot some clutch goals.

The defense is the same as it was last year, but Ericsson is bigger, stronger, and better than Lebda and Meech.

Let Osgood have his chance; if he fails, put in Conklin. I'm a Conklin guy all the way but if Ozzie finds his confidence, he can take this team to the finals again.

Up front, if Pav and Z are together

ZDH

Mule-Fil-Hoss

Huds-Drapes-Bear

Leino-Helm-Sammy

If Pav and Z need to be separated to spark the lineup

Fil-Pav-Homer

Mule-Z-Hoss

||

||

On the back end

Nick-Rafi

Junior-Stewie

Lils-Lebs

Don't get me wrong, I think the Big Rig has looked good. However, Lebda has veteran pedigree and playoff experience. Plus, he's played well as of late, mostly because he's been skating well.

I'm thinking that Kopy has been saving himself for the playoffs. I'd like for someone of his size to be able to play but I'd rather not sit anyone else in his favor.

Ericsson has to be in the lineup. His work along the boards behind the net is going to save us on many occasions in the playoffs. He really knows how to use his size to work the boards back there, and that has been a big problem for us. I'd like to see him paired with Lidstrom in a shutdown role. Hes going to be invaluable when it comes to containing big forward like Iggy, Jokinen, Marleau, Thornton, Nash, Morrow, etc.

Maltby sits, without question, and Helm is in. Regardless of the numbers, Helm is our most energetic player, and he loves to hit. He almost reminds me of Tootoo the way he plays the game, except without the classless thuggery and bulls***. Hes a little fireball out there.

For the last spot on the third line, I think its a toss-up between Leino and Kopecky. Kopecky has been playing much better of late, but so has Draper. We have a month and a half left to see if this is a fluke or not.

In short, the usual suspects with the following changes:

Maltby --> Helm

Lebda --> Ericsson

Kopecky --> Kopecky or Leino

Since when is a cup run in the hands of a 5th/6th defenseman??

Ericsson gives the Wings something that they don't have on the back end - a huge, strong, mobile body. He's like a baby Chara back there.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Holmstrom

Hossa - Franzen - Cleary ------ I would like to Hossa and Kopecky on a line. But it wont happen.

Hudler - Helm - Sammuelsson

Maltby - Draper - Kopecky

uh, we have too many players. Leino, Filpulla..where do they fit in? I would like to see Downey play a few games as well which is doubtful . I wonder what Kenny will do?

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Stuart - Kronwall

Lilja - Ericsson

Quite frankly I'm surprised with the amount of people having Flip center Hossa. I would have figured six months into the season people would realize he has proved that he has no reason to be out there with Hossa while Hudler (averaging 3 minutes less than the untouchable Filppula) has proved he should be out there with Hossa. Flip is an upgraded Draper while Hudler's offensive awareness and hands rival that of Datsyuk's (to an extent). Although Flip did score a cake goal last night so that gives him immunity for at least another season. I know it sounds like I'm ragging on Flip but man does everyone give him too much credit while they throw Hudler under the bus.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Homer

Hudler - Leino - Hossa

Franzen - Filppula - Sammy

Maltby - Draper - Cleary

Lidstrom - Kronwall

Rafalski - Stuart

Lilja - Ericsson

Osgood

Very close to my lines thought heres my idea

ZDH (Homer is the Net driving king)

Huds-Leino-Hossa (Leino is great at driving the net)

Franzen-Flip-Cleary (have Mule and cleary crash the net and flip to bang stuff in from the slot)

Helm-Draper-Sammy

Lids-Kronner

Raffy-Stuart

Lilja-Ericcson

Ozzy/Conks (they need to still fight it out, I say the wings ride the hot guy into the playoffs and the second he cools off swap in the other

Basically, I love the idea of making the other goalie pay the wings really need atleast one line of net crashers, especially against SJ or Calgary, Kipper and Nabby both blow against teams that get into their wheelhouses.

Edited by Shaman464

Hudler - Franzen - Hossa

Filpula - Cleary - Sammuelsson

Maltby - Draper - McCarty

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Stuart

Ericsson - Lilja

Guest mindfly

Hudler - Franzen - Hossa

Filpula - Cleary - Sammuelsson

Maltby - Draper - McCarty

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Stuart

Ericsson - Lilja

No helm or leino? wtf?

Hoss-Dats-Homer

Huds-Z-Cleary

Flip-Mule-Sammy - Can switch Flip and Mule at center, no preference from me.

Mac-Draper-Malts - Lieno/Helm/Kop

3 Power lines, each with a net crasher. Also I think Hoss plays better with either Z or Dats, but especially with Dats. Running 3 powerful and dangerous lines will wear down even the most physical teams and is better than 2 in the playoffs.

Lids-Kronner

Raffy-Stuart

Lilja-Ericcson - Lebda/Meech

Ozzy/Conks in no prefered order at the moment.

Edited by talex

No helm or leino? wtf?

Don't worry. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that McCarty is in ahead of Helm or Leino. Even Maltby's place isn't secure. I could see Maltby starting the playoffs, and then getting benched in favor of a younger kid pretty quickly.

Hudler - Datsyuk - Hossa

Franzen - Zetterberg - Holmstrom

Cleary - Filppula - Samuelsson

Kopecky - Draper - Helm/Maltby/Leino

Abdelkader/Ritola/etc...

Lidstrom - Rafalski

Kronwall - Stuart

Lilly - Ericsson

Chelios/Lebda/Meech/Kindl/etc...

Osgood

Conklin

Howard

The two big changes I would make to your lineup are to:

1) Swap Hudler and Holmstrom. Datsyuk is the Wings' best playmaker, Hudler is the second best. Zetterberg and Hossa are the two best goal scorers on the team, Homer and Franzen are the two best net-front presences. Put Hudler on the second line with Z and Franzen as the playmaker for those two, and we have two lines with somewhat similar style and skill level, with the differences being Datsyuk's advantage in skill over Hudler and Franzen's advantage in defensive, physical, and zone play over Holmstrom, and Homer's advantage in net-front play over Franzen.

2) I don't know if Ericsson has earned himself a spot ahead of the other guys on the roster outright...he has played well for two games but within the past few weeks there have been at least two games where Meech was the team's best defenseman for a game.

Other than those changes, I would go with that same lineup.

The two big changes I would make to your lineup are to:

1) Swap Hudler and Holmstrom. Datsyuk is the Wings' best playmaker, Hudler is the second best. Zetterberg and Hossa are the two best goal scorers on the team, Homer and Franzen are the two best net-front presences. Put Hudler on the second line with Z and Franzen as the playmaker for those two, and we have two lines with somewhat similar style and skill level, with the differences being Datsyuk's advantage in skill over Hudler and Franzen's advantage in defensive, physical, and zone play over Holmstrom, and Homer's advantage in net-front play over Franzen.

2) I don't know if Ericsson has earned himself a spot ahead of the other guys on the roster outright...he has played well for two games but within the past few weeks there have been at least two games where Meech was the team's best defenseman for a game.

Other than those changes, I would go with that same lineup.

1. Z and Franzen don't like to give up the puck, so give them a guy they shouldn't be giving the puck to but will clean up their scoring chances.

2. He has. The numbers have kept him in GR (much like Helm).

WHat I think it will be:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hossa-Filppula-Franzen

Hudler-Helm-Leino

Samuelsson-Draper-Cleary

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lilja-Lebda

Subs: Maltby, Kopecky, Downey up front, Meech and Ericsson on D

That way, our top 2 lines each have a good net presence, our 3rd line has 2 motor guys and a playmaker, and I think that 4th line is pretty potent offensively and responsible enough defensively to match up against an opposing 1st or 2nd line occasionally. I'm so stoked for the playoffs and the repeat.

WHat I think it will be:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hossa-Filppula-Franzen

Hudler-Helm-Leino

Samuelsson-Draper-Cleary

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lilja-Lebda

Subs: Maltby, Kopecky, Downey up front, Meech and Ericsson on D

That way, our top 2 lines each have a good net presence, our 3rd line has 2 motor guys and a playmaker, and I think that 4th line is pretty potent offensively and responsible enough defensively to match up against an opposing 1st or 2nd line occasionally. I'm so stoked for the playoffs and the repeat.

I like yours but i would probably have Lebda swapped for Ericsson, Lebda has been shakey at times this season and is ok when hes playing good, and i honestly don't see anything i like in Meech on D. Everytime i see him on D he usually gets burned by someone during the game, and that could cost the team in the playoffs.

I like yours but i would probably have Lebda swapped for Ericsson, Lebda has been shakey at times this season and is ok when hes playing good, and i honestly don't see anything i like in Meech on D. Everytime i see him on D he usually gets burned by someone during the game, and that could cost the team in the playoffs.

I agree, I actually would rather see Ericsson than Lebda, but unless Lebda gets hurt or stinks it up badly, I think the brass will go with him as a regular. What I posted was what I think they will look like, I would actually rather see Filppula playing winger to either Datsyuk or Zetterberg rather than centering the 3rd line, but again, I think they are going to put ZDH back together for the playoffs, so that affects every other line combo. Also, I forgot to put Chelios as another alternate on D, so I don't think we'll see much of Meech (that almost rhymes).

1. Z and Franzen don't like to give up the puck, so give them a guy they shouldn't be giving the puck to but will clean up their scoring chances.

2. He has. The numbers have kept him in GR (much like Helm).

The changes I made had more to do with having Hudler and Dats on the same line when the Wings have so many capable goal scorers.

And more accurately, rather than "those are the lines I would go with" I should have said "those are the lines I would use based on your post."

I'm more a fan of this lineup:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Cleary-Hudler-Hossa

Franzen-Filppula-Samuelsson

Leino/Maltby/Helm-Draper-Kopecky

I would go with one of the two following groups of defense pairings. The group of four who are competing for the same spot are listed in the order in which I would be willing to play them:

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson/Chelios/Meech/Lebda-Lilja

Lidstrom-Stuart

Ericsson/Chelios/Meech/Lebda-Rafalski

Kronwall-Lilja

If injuries occur, the only pairing I would not be willing to ice at the same time is Lebda/Meech; they're the two worst defensive defensemen on the team.

As far as goaltending...Osgood/Conklin.

Line 1- Hossa Datsyuk Holmstrom

Line 2- Franzen Zetterberg Hudler

Line 3- Cleary Samuleson Helm

Line 4- Leino Draper Maltby

Defense

Line1- Lidstrom Rafalski

Line2- Kronwall Stuard

Line3- Lebda Erickson

Goalie CONKLIN, backup- Ozzy

As of right now...

ZDH

Hossa-Hudler-Filppula

Cleary-Samuelsson-Leino

Helm-Draper-Kopecky/Downey

Maltby, McCarty, and remainder of Kopecky/Downey as backup forwards.

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja

Chelios, Meech, Lebda as backup D

Conklin, Osgood.