• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest NumbaSixty-Six

Would the Wings be better off had they Pursued Goalie Instead of Hossa

Rate this topic

Guest NumbaSixty-Six

So, what if some of that Hossa Money went to finding a decent Goalie? Or Should the Wings stolen Huet or Bulin from the Hawks in the Offseason?

You can't start a topic like this after this game. I watched it, and are defence left Ozzie and Ty out to dry on most of the goals. It resembled our game against Nashville in the fact we turned the puck over about a million times in our own zone. So to answer your question, no. I think our goaltending has been coming around as of late, or D just needs to step it up. Re sign Hossa Please

Wait so the Wings didn't sign a goalie in the offseason?

Why is it so hard for people to give Conklin the benefit of the doubt when he hasn't given us much of a reason to worry this season? I understand that his stats weren't the best maybe years ago. But Ozzie won us a Stanley Cup last year. Times change.

Guest NumbaSixty-Six
Are you a disgruntled Pens fan?

Not at all disgruntled. Actually I was really hoping Hossa wouldn't sign with the Penguins. Totally avoided Cap Hell. With the Cap going down 10m next year and all. Its encouraging the Pens to keep all the draft Picks and Draft well.

Only goalie I want plays in Vancouver and I do not see that happening anytime soon.

How many Cups has he won? How many playoff series has he won? How many times has he made the playoffs?

Oh yeah, that kinda sucks, don't it?

Not at all disgruntled. Actually I was really hoping Hossa wouldn't sign with the Penguins. Totally avoided Cap Hell. With the Cap going down 10m next year and all. Its encouraging the Pens to keep all the draft Picks and Draft well.

Got a source for that?

How many Cups has he won? How many playoff series has he won? How many times has he made the playoffs?

Listen, I love Ozzie and all his leadership. Luongo is 10x better, and would undoubtly lead us to a Cup. It wouldnt even be fair to other teams.

Listen, I love Ozzie and all his leadership. Luongo is 10x better, and would undoubtly lead us to a Cup. It wouldnt even be fair to other teams.

He would not lead us to a Cup with the team playing like they are this year. No way. Not a chance. This has nothing to do with Osgood or Conklin. This has everything to do with people profoundly misunderstanding the Wings problems and needs.

So, what if some of that Hossa Money went to finding a decent Goalie? Or Should the Wings stolen Huet or Bulin from the Hawks in the Offseason?

It's our defense and Osgood. We got some great guys down in the AHL.

This is the year where we have all the right pieces in place for another Cup, minus the defense, for now...

You have to have defense and these blowouts are happening from lazy defense; no goaltender in the history of the game has been immune to blowouts from lazy defense.

THANK YOU!!!! Someone gets it.

Since you're a Pens fan, I'm going to try to make this simple enough for you to understand.

Ozzie dominated the playoffs last year and he dominated your team. The last thing anyone expected was for him to be this bad this season. Last year it looked like he reinvented himself and there was no reason for this team to pursue another starting goalie, which is why the Wings signed Conklin instead for backup duties.

Get over the fact that Hossa didn't want to play in s***tsburgh. It was basically a one-night stand, just like his stay in Detroit will likely be. I hope I don't act the same way as Pens fans do when he's gone.

I am sick of seeing this kind of post. Why does it matter how many cups he has won? Yes Osgood has won some cups.

You watched no Canucks games. On 07 playoff, for the first game as the Playoff starter, Luongo made like 60 saves. Then, by your logic, Luongo should be sucks because he did not have any experience.

Find the truth. Just Osgood protectors now think Osgood is still good. Go to other teams' forums or talk to other fans. They do not even think Osgood is an average goalie this season. Osgood is the worst goalie this season and no doubt to argue about that.

Then, when the playoff time comes up, and Osgood has still improved none, are you gonna say we have to start him because of only exprience? You are joker. Then bring Patrick Roy on the net.

He would not lead us to a Cup with the team playing like they are this year. No way. Not a chance. This has nothing to do with Osgood or Conklin. This has everything to do with people profoundly misunderstanding the Wings problems and needs.

As bad as the defense is, Babs has called out Ozzie more then once. Goaltender is a line of defense, and it isn't working either.

Find the truth. Just Osgood protectors now think Osgood is still good. Go to other teams' forums or talk to other fans. They do not even think Osgood is an average goalie this season. Osgood is the worst goalie this season and no doubt to argue about that.

lol, other team's forums. They were trashing Osgood 5 minutes after we won the cup. :D

I think what some people don't realize is that Luongo on the Red Wings WOULD NOT look dominant like Luongo on the Panthers/Canucks. Our team and system hardly gives our goalies the chance to win games for us. He would put up nice stats, but he wouldn't be the difference maker almost every night like he is for Vancouver.

That said, I would like the Wings to get a starter than we can ride for 4+ years. Whether it's Howard/Larsson or a free agent, it would be nice to be set for a while instead of our constant merry-go-round of goaltenders.

the wings had absolutely no reason to pursue a new starting goalie in the offseason. osgood has just won us the cup and played lights out hockey for the entire playoff run. they got a capable backup and a pure goal scorer. there is absolutely no reason why holland & co. should or would have been thinking about a goalie in the offseason. sure, hindsight is 20/20, but the premise of the argument that we should have gotten a goalie instead of hossa is completely flawed and nonsensical.

"You guys know this thread had to be coming"

Yeah, since we almost went a whole week without a goalie thread <_< . We know we don't have Brodeur in goal, we really need to get over it. If our defense played the way its capable, ie the way it did last season, we don't need an elite goaltender. If we had spent the money on an elite goaltender and our defense played the way it should, it would make the goaltender look very average and thusly make similar thread continue to pop up, except instead of "Osgood sucks for pennies on the dollar" it would be "Luongo looks average, money should have been spent elsewhere". As stormboy said, its easy during a stretch of poor goaltending 8 months after the fact to say we should have signed a great stopper, but at the time we addressed our two perceived needs after winning a Jennings trophy last season: elite scorer and capable backup.

Edited by b.shanafan14

Guest NumbaSixty-Six
Get over the fact that Hossa didn't want to play in s***tsburgh. It was basically a one-night stand, just like his stay in Detroit will likely be. I hope I don't act the same way as Pens fans do when he's gone.

Classy. I am sure Hossa would love to play in a arena that actually has fans in it. I am not knocking Detroit or anything. They know how to run a hockey franchise. Scouting is unbelievable. I really hate to bring in a NFL franchise comparison but they remind me of the steelers. All I was asking was do you think Detroit would have a better record or would be more sound if they had a clear cut starting goaltender. So go back to school for reading comprehension retard.

Edited by NumbaSixty-Six

You guys obviously havent watched Luongo much. The last line of defence is your goaltender, I'll defend Ozzie to a point, but he isnt have any sucess behind the defence. Luongo would make most of those tough saves, not every single one, but most. His stats wouldnt be amazing, but that doesnt mean s***. The games is what matter with a goalie, and when Luongo is on his he's unbeatable, anyone watch him own San Jose last night? Or Dallas a couple years ago? Ozzie's done that before, but not as consistently as Luongo the past couple years. Like, I know you love Ozzie, I'm a huge fan of his as well, but lets not twist things here.