• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/12 GDT: Flames 6 at Red Wings 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

Jokinen, who can score, is also a complete locker-room cancer and as such will rightfully never see the light of day in Ken Holland's appointment book.

I've heard some talk about this, and I'd like to see a source. Do you have one?

The Red Wings just plain didn't deserve this one. Conklin was terrible, the defense sat back, and the forwards were invisible in the third period. If the Flames didn't hand us powerplay after powerplay in the first period and a half I wonder how the game would've turned out.

Guest Shoreline
Being a fan of winning is much easier than being a fan of the Red Wings. That's what gives.

Indeed. I got tired of the bandwagon suicide dive last season during the slump. Screw bandwagoners.

Edited by Shoreline

I can't believe some of the stuff coming out of people's mouths.

Fire Babcock? Really? You have a short memory. The guy just won the Stanley f***in' Cup.

This team is awful. Really? This team, despite it's awfulness, is somehow in first place. Wow! That's impressive.

People are unbelievable.

You've been comfortable with the way the Wings have been playing this season? Ignorance is bliss I guess.

I don't think that's what Shoreline was trying to say. I think he was trying to say that being pessimistic and "doom-and-gloom" isn't any better than being absurdly pie in the sky. Rather, it's better to be optimistic than pessimistic.

Refusing to dig the team's grave is not on its face, an indication that you're ignoring the team's problems.

Guest Shoreline
I must read to many of your posts.

If you did you'd not be diving off the bandwagon. Might I suggest the Blue Jackets?

Guest lilja4mvp

do we still think the wings can repeat with the defense and goaltending they have had all season?

24nmkc2.gif

I'm not sure if I'm angry, disappointed, or just reserved to the fact that I saw this coming.

I love the Wings, when they playoffs are here I'll be fully onboard expecting nothing less than number 12....but.....damnit, they're just not playing well consistently in their own zone and haven't all year.

Indeed. I got tired of the bandwagon suicide dive last season during the slump. Screw bandwagoners.

You, me and Ms_Hockey need to man the booth on the Ambassador and charge people $50 to jump off. That'll help the economy.

Guest Shoreline
ya thats the only positive im thinking.. but f*** am i pissed after watching that 3rd period, how can it get any worse?

I dunno, still fighting for the President's trophy.. sure sounds bad to me.

If the coach scews the goalie I blame the coach. We had Kips dead tired and didn't take advantage. Babcock lost the game not Conklin. Conklin played great and if you would have had Osgood in net it would have been a blow out. Babcock is a fool! Stop listening to the def coach and be the COACH

Guest Crymson
do we still think the wings can repeat with the defense and goaltending they have had all season?

24nmkc2.gif

I'd really like to hear why you're having this attitude, what purpose it serves, and why you're trying to convince people that they should have it also.

Agreed.

If they want to dish their money out to the Red Wings while maintaining to little to no actual knowledge on how a team, especially the RW, operates - be my guest. Just keep your mouth shut doing it.

I went to a game this season and overheard the guy behind me asking his buddy why Steve Yzerman wasn't on the ice. Steve Yzerman! Really! And then he pretended as if he was some all-knowing Red Wing god afterwards. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Goalies goalies goalies. Y'all still crying about goalies are mother*ucking crazy. This TEAM, including 18 other guys without pads especially 6 called defensemen have no idea how to win a game. They are so bad. Get the hell over this goalie s***. As average-mediocre as our goalies have been with like tiny ass salaries and all, the SKATERS have been far worse and it doesn't matter who we have in net if they don't get their s*** together. Get a clue. This is just pathetic.

None of the scores in these games would be changed if we had Luongo. Maybe different goals scored at different times, but the scores the same. You can't play so sloppy and expect to win. No way.

This loss is more embarrassing than the last 2 Saturday nights.

And I love my Blackberry. I can rant on a message board anywhere!

Sorry who do you think lost the game the team or the coaching strategy? Just irritated. Sorry for the language thought it would be *******'d. But let me know Jedi

That's not what I'm saying at all. If you feel that Babcock is the reason the Wings lost tonight, that's fine. Everyone on the boards has their own opinion of why we lost, that happens to be yours. I'm not telling you to change your opinion of why we lost. I'm just saying to please change the way you present your opinion. Nothing more.

Discuss your opinion on the reason for the loss to your heart's content. But please do so in a manner that wouldn't make a sailor blush.

Get off the bandwagon then, poser.

Not that I want him to be correct, but I would not be honest that if I had to bet right now I would have to bet being outed by the second round at latest and there is nothing wrong with calling it as you see it. I do not see how they make it past the 1st round let alone the 2nd giving up 4 to 5 goals a game and not holding leads, something which has been pretty consistent all year (especially in '09)...

Guest Crymson
ya thats the only positive im thinking.. but f*** am i pissed after watching that 3rd period, how can it get any worse?

This post highlights an utter lack of perspective. How can it get any worse? You can be a fan of the New York Islanders. Try it for a week.

I'm not even kidding when I say this. When the Wings lose, be it by 1 goal or 10........too many people around here turn into whiny bridge-jumping lunatics. So far, it's Babcock's fault we lost, the Wings won't win the Stanley Cup this year and we suck, suck, suckity-suck. Is that all? Did I miss any of the stunning insight many of you are sharing with us?

I don't get it. Most of you are completely rational, level-headed people and them BLAMMO! What gives?!

QFT :thumbup:

I don't think that's what Shoreline was trying to say. I think he was trying to say that being pessimistic and "doom-and-gloom" isn't any better than being absurdly pie in the sky. Rather, it's better to be optimistic than pessimistic.

Refusing to dig the team's grave is not on its face, an indication that you're ignoring the team's problems.

If you look at my other posts, on the whole, I am nowhere near 'Doom and Gloom'.

I just expect a lot out of this team.

We won the Cup last year, got a world class forward and are nowhere near the team we were last year.

If you did you'd not be diving off the bandwagon. Might I suggest the Blue Jackets?

Not interested. Been watching the Wings since '79. Might I suggest Ducks/Kings/Sharks for you, or are YOU bandwagon from a few years ago?

Guest Crymson
If the coach scews the goalie I blame the coach. We had Kips dead tired and didn't take advantage. Babcock lost the game not Conklin. Conklin played great and if you would have had Osgood in net it would have been a blow out. Babcock is a fool! Stop listening to the def coach and be the COACH

I think you misunderstood what Kenny and Mickey said. Babcock did not tell the team to stop taking shots on Conklin. Babcock told the team to make the safe play in the zone. I think you may safely assume that Babcock is not an utter imbecile.

Well, at least it was exciting.

I feel that in the playoffs the team won't sit back on a lead. It's not a good idea at any time, but it just isn't done come playoff time. We took a chance doing so and lost.

I must admit disappointment, but let that be a lesson to us. No lead is safe.

Oh, and Kristi...I'll take my hand back now.

Guest Crymson
You, me and Ms_Hockey need to man the booth on the Ambassador and charge people $50 to jump off. That'll help the economy.

What? I get left out of this group?

Guest Shoreline
Not that I want him to be correct, but I would not be honest that if I had to bet right now I would have to bet being outed by the second round at latest and there is nothing wrong with calling it as you see it. I do not see how they make it past the 1st round let alone the 2nd giving up 4 to 5 goals a game and not holding leads, something which has been pretty consistent all year (especially in '09)...

Regular season isn't the playoffs.

Maybe some fans on this board need to change their team and be an Islanders fan to know what it's like to actually BE a fan of a bad team. Let the playoffs come and criticize the Wings for the playoffs. Two different seasons.