• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/12 GDT: Flames 6 at Red Wings 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline
What about realists?

Realists would be the funny definition there of "homer" given. Realistically speaking, a logical fan would be optimistic given the standings and comparison to other teams regarding league parity (optimistic to see the Wings with this sort of high standing year in and out versus fans of other teams who worry about their team even making the playoffs), yet critical of the defensive lapses and inconsistent netminding. Not calling this season a bust and declaring the Wings done with one month left in the regular season is the bandwagoners -- realistic by no means, just knee-jerk.

Some of you guys have your expectations up so high that this team can't have a bad game and lose. WOW.

Exactly. :thumbdown:

Edited by Shoreline

Only on the road.

well so far thats a good enough for me as long as we stay ahead of them in the standings we will always be at home more if we play them :D

I was at the game, what a disappointment it turned out to be. I keep thinking back to where we basically had the last half of the 1st on the powerplay but only got 2 goals out of it. Forget the Wings 3rd period meltdown, Kipper was absolutely the difference in the game, I'd have to say it was one of the best goaltending displays I've ever seen in person.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

I don't mind losing - heck, you can't win them all - but what bothers me is losing so pitifully. Who dumps the puck in on a 5 on 3?? I could have sworn the Wings were a puck possession team. What really bugs me is I know what great hockey this team is capable of - last night was just painful. They get a few more games to get their act together, then they'd better step it up to get in gear for the playoffs.

Guest Shoreline
Can't win them all.

But I absolutely hate it when they "sit" on a lead.

In that 8-0 loss, they sat on a tie and a deficit. From seeing this sort of effort from them it's hard to tell if this team is just worn out from the extra months from playoffs/SCF hockey or if they just are already looking ahead to the playoffs.

Example A of why I hate Flames fans. Even for homerism that thread is mind boggling.

personally I could give a s*** about the flames they are a 1st round exit waiting to happen. Lol ironic though considering we could be too :(, either way at least we've won a cup this century.

Just when I checked Conklin's GAA this season and saw he had a 2.30 GAA and felt better, he lets in three wiffers in the last 3 minutes and gets beat by all the Flamer's in the shootout. (Iginla hit the post) Why didn't Hudler to his special deke on Kipper?!

Just when I checked Conklin's GAA this season and saw he had a 2.30 GAA and felt better, he lets in three wiffers in the last 3 minutes and gets beat by all the Flamer's in the shootout. (Iginla hit the post) Why didn't Hudler to his special deke on Kipper?!

Why did it go to a shootout to begin with????

From seeing this sort of effort from them it's hard to tell if this team is just worn out from the extra months from playoffs/SCF hockey

That was thrown around a lot at the beginning of the season when everyone was dreading the Stanley Cup hangover, but I think the time off for last year vs the year prior was almost equal, so there's no sense in that.

or if they just are already looking ahead to the playoffs.

Safe to say they've been doing that since opening night with the Leafs.