• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/12 GDT: Flames 6 at Red Wings 5 (SO)

Rate this topic

My "ignore poster" button has gotten a serious workout after this game.

Geez....Electrophile, you got a job for me? :D

Kristi is in charge of collecting the money. It's $50 for the first jump, if they survive, it's $20 for all subsequent jumps.

Guest Shoreline
So that is how you would have coached the game? Just go out and stay in your zone boys. I am 45 years old and saw the red wings before they moved to the Joe. You grow up. I was merely saying not to blame the goalie that stopped a lot of great shots when they should have never existed and just trying to make my point of view. Attack me I'll bet you just blame it on the wings. The coach is in control of an elite team. He made a mistake. I'm not going to insult you like you have me. I have 17 employees coach a hockey team and a high school football team. I will post pictures if you post pictures of your accomplishments. I played for Bowling Green in college and was damn good! Played every game from sophmore to senior.

Anyone can make up fake ass resume on the internet. How about actually showing you're a Red Wings fan instead of blaming the coach for everything and panicking like a bandwagoner?

Edited by Shoreline

Calgary is hardly a suck ass team. On the whole, we're better than them - but that team is stock filled with potential and talent. "Suck ass"? I certainly don't think so.

Without krippersnuff this team doesn't make the playoffs............. TRUTH!

So that is how you would have coached the game? Just go out and stay in your zone boys. I am 45 years old and saw the red wings before they moved to the Joe. You grow up. I was merely saying not to blame the goalie that stopped a lot of great shots when they should have never existed and just trying to make my point of view. Attack me I'll bet you just blame it on the wings. The coach is in control of an elite team. He made a mistake. I'm not going to insult you like you have me. I have 17 employees coach a hockey team and a high school football team. I will post pictures if you post pictures of your accomplishments. I played for Bowling Green in college and was damn good! Played every game from sophmore to senior.

First of all, your argument is completely null and void. Why? Because BABCOCK DOESN'T GO ON THE ICE AND PLAY. It's one thing if every time the Wings go to defend their lead, we give up four goals and end up losing. It's another thing entirely when it DOESN'T happen often. That's not the coach's fault - that's the PLAYER'S fault. The Red Wings are perfectly capable of defending their leads when and if they want to - and we've seen that. The fact that they chose to not put any effort into it is hardly Babcock's fault.

But, ya know, I'll tell him to polish his glass ball to see if they feel like playing or not before he makes his coaching decisions next time.

As a fan since 79, maybe you aren't aware of the difficulty of repeating, or the difficulty of being a robotic team incapable of making big mistakes. Hell, you aren't doing yourself any favors. Maybe a fan of something else since 79. Surely not the Wings. Otherwise things like this wouldn't surprise you. But I digress. Welcome to Red Wings hockey. 79 hours ago, right?

I do realize it. But it seems like the addition of Hossa would've at least partially offset 'Cup Hangover' and to me it just doesn't feel like it has.

If this team is horrible and that means that it's going out in the first round, what does that say about the 28 other teams in the league who aren't doing as well as this horrible team? Will they all go out in the first round also?

I suppose, unfortunately, that I should not assume logic plays any part in most peoples` headless-panic rants here in this sort of situation.

Syntax: You're trying to convince people that having a negative attitude is good. I don't get it.

Nowhere did I say the season was over....but.....if the Wings keep playing, for the next 5 weeks, like they have the last 2, you'll see the picture posted in my thread in front of a bunch of Red Wings players sooner than MOST of us on this board would like.

Some of the blind homers on this board need to stop acting like they're so much better than everyone else.

This forum isn't some "feat of faith" where people should be tested. It's an internet fan forum. People should be concerned about the goaltending and defense, and most people are smart enough to know that being near last in defense doesn't ever equate to winning the Stanley Cup. The fact that we have one of the best records in the league is good, but as we've seen in the past, that doesn't really matter come playoff time.

You guys are internet NAZI'S. Stop this self-righteous crap.

Nazi's may be a little strong of a word. Red Wings fascists maybe.

Here, to make up for my golfball picture, here is a flower, and a cookie....everyone either likes flower or cookies.

Ditto. I don't get the entire elitist attitude that seems to fly around here. I never posted that I'm giving up on the team or anything like that, but it seems a lot of people on here try to act like any criticism is unholy. FFS, it's a sports team, we are fans, and as fans, should be able to discuss the team (and that includes constructive criticism geared towards the team).

fixed. big difference.

I don't care about what you do for a living. If you think that somehow means you're immune to criticism, you're sorely mistaken.

Guest Shoreline
All he said was to not be shocked if this team lost in the 1st round. What's wrong with that?

You and the other blind homers are overreacting and acting like this is some internet purge. Get off your high horses and stop blaming people for being angry. It's their right.

Yeah, he said the same s*** last season too. I guess us homers are too busy appreciating a good team with some problems to fix (yet STILL vying for the President's Trophy) to be writing them off with a month left in the regular season. Some of us actually know how to criticize the Wings and cheer for them without being a bunch of pessimist bandwagoners ready to jump off after every loss. Reilly rarely EVER posts good things about the Wings, and even less so after a win. He's the wrong guy to defend.

Edited by Shoreline

Chill out junior. Your point was it's just one game. Oh oh. My point was, nearly every game this season has been just like this one. Do you actually have any confidence in the way the Wings have been playing this season, will win them a Cup? This team is going down in the first round.

so no you're into name calling... it's getting better with each post.

and YES, i believe the wings have as much opportunity to win the stanley cup this season as they did last, or even compared to the beginning of this season for that matter.

should that surprise you? shocked? why?

i've witnessed all facets of this team since 1977 and these trivial setbacks don't evin begin to scare me... don't look further than last season to find the answer to how a team can address some difficulties with chemistry.... what happened? oh, right.... the STANLEY CUP.

Oh you guys, you know you'll all be in the makeout orgy together after playoff win #1.

Oh yeah baby...oh um....ahem. I mean... :blush:

All bandwagoners wishing to jump ship will turn in their $50 to me. I only accept cash and certified checks. If you survive your first jump, you will be required to pay an additional $20 handling fee to bring you back on board.

Any questions should be directed to Electrophile.

Yeah, he said the same s*** last season too. I guess us homers are too busy appreciating a good team with some problems to fix (yet STILL vying for the President's Trophy) to be writing them off with a month left in the regular season. Some of us actually know how to criticize the Wings and cheer for them without being a bunch of pessimist bandwagoners ready to jump off after every loss. Reilly rarely EVER posts good things about the Wings, and even less so after a win. He's the wrong guy to defend.

No shizzle. Look, I'm well aware the team has problems. Repeating this year will NOT be easy, but I still think it can be done. If I'm wrong in the end, I'm wrong in the end. However, I'd rather stick with them and be validated in the end than disavow them and crawl back if they win. One shows character, the other sure as hell doesn't.

First of all, your argument is completely null and void. Why? Because BABCOCK DOESN'T GO ON THE ICE AND PLAY. It's one thing if every time the Wings go to defend their lead, we give up four goals and end up losing. It's another thing entirely when it DOESN'T happen often. That's not the coach's fault - that's the PLAYER'S fault. The Red Wings are perfectly capable of defending their leads when and if they want to - and we've seen that. The fact that they chose to not put any effort into it is hardly Babcock's fault.

But, ya know, I'll tell him to polish his glass ball to see if they feel like playing or not before he makes his coaching decisions next time.

Good post. There is no reason for us to blame Babcock because Babcock makes some good strategies but lazy 2nd pair defense line is killing us this season. But I think more than what they want to keep their lead, I think they just stay on the emotion of feeling too comfortable with the lead.

Hockey is similar with Soccer as putting the object into the net but one different is that unlike soccer, there is momentum in the hockey. That's why the leading team should be careful. To the time we allowed the 3rd goal of the Flames, it was fine. I am not angry until that situation but what makes me angry is that the Wings did not wake up since that time and allowed 3 goals in 3 minutes which is ridiculous in a way.

To summarize, it is not a fault of Holland or Babcock. It is a lack of motivation and it has not changed since the beginning of the season. I just don't know what to say. This season's Red Wings is the worst Red Wings since 1997-1998, the first time I watched them to play.

If we play like this for the rest of the season, no chance it will change dramatically before the start of the playoff. Then, no surprise that the upset against the Wings happens again in April.

We stole a point IMO and had Conks been halfway decent tonight that would have been a W.

You're seriously blaming this on the goalie?

Wow.

Yeah, I'm sure its ALL Conklins fault that the Wings first shot of the 3rd period came with :41 left in the period.

Oh really?

The only things you guys have done is go after people who are making those criticisms from what it seems. And nobody is jumping off any bandwagon. People here are still Wings fans, even if they're disappointed. You don't have to kiss ass all the time to be a real fan.

Oh yeah baby...oh um....ahem. I mean... :blush:

All bandwagoners wishing to jump ship will turn in their $50 to me. I only accept cash and certified checks. If you survive your first jump, you will be required to pay an additional $20 handling fee to bring you back on board.

Any questions should be directed to Electrophile.

Don't let them hassle you about the money, either. We don't do discounts or group rates. No coupons will be accepted.

Guest Shoreline
I do realize it. But it seems like the addition of Hossa would've at least partially offset 'Cup Hangover' and to me it just doesn't feel like it has.

There's more to it than simply, +Hossa. League parity is at a high this season. Bad teams are kicking good team's asses this season. The Sharks are losing right now, and on a horrendous losing streak of their own. Boston just now turned things around after a horrible late Feb/Early March. Join us and start actually being happy the team is where it's at, rather than panicking after a loss. Take a wider view of the situation here. The Wings can't be kicking ass and going 82-0 every single season. Other teams are getting better. Other teams who aren't winning cups are hungrier. This team needs to stay hungry and it's damn hard. Bandwagon fans surely aren't helping other fans who have been here before.

Guest Shoreline
Oh really?

The only things you guys have done is go after people who are making those criticisms from what it seems. And nobody is jumping off any bandwagon. People here are still Wings fans, even if they're disappointed. You don't have to kiss ass all the time to be a real fan.

Actually, the guy who you just defended said the season is over. So no, not simple criticisms. Otherwise I'd be replying to every single poster here and there's a LOT of rational people pissed off at the way they played, including yours truly. However, if you wanna write this team off, you get s*** for it. Get used to it.

You're seriously blaming this on the goalie?

Wow.

Yeah, I'm sure its ALL Conklins fault that the Wings first shot of the 3rd period came with :41 left in the period.

I'm not totally blaming it on him but he let in some bad goals. PP should have given him a better cushion but he should have had at least a couple of those.

Oh really?

Who's kissing ass? So in your mind if you actually stand behind the team and refuse to play the doom and gloom game even if it's popular, you're an ass-kisser? What color is the sky in your world? There's a difference between being disappointed and angry and playing Chicken Little. I can see that......why can't you?

i'm fairly certain the world will cease to exist now... give it a rest.

there were far worse defenses to wear the winged wheel in the eighties.

so 20 years ago we had a worse defense. good point.

to put things back in perspective, this was the best defense in the league a year ago. you give it a rest. :thumbdown: