• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Enforcer

Brad McCrimmon should be fired

Rate this topic

Well, I understand that he's the coach of the defense, but what does he really do? Hand signals with the defense? Run drills and that's it? Because Babs' response to the media says that he should be accountable as well, along with Nick, Drapes, Pav and Z.

Well he is supposed to do more than that. I'm assuming he should have found the weak points through video review and tried to correct them at this point. The goalie coach can only do so much. it's obviously a defensive problem, allowing so many give-aways. I do fault Ozzie and Conks for some of the goals, but Mcrimmon has allowed a Stanley Cup Defense wilt into dog s***. Fire him and give the D to Chelios.

Backes should have not been allowed to score 4 goals on a Stanley Cup winning Defense. There is something wrong with the coaching here.

Edited by The Enforcer

As I said in the GDT... Didn't think the defense did that bad a job tonight. You look at the goals that went in, two were the result of bad decisons by the goalie, the other two were from bounces and tips, and then just one was an individual play where Ericsson got his pocket picked.

The main problem was that the goals that happened happened because the Wings collectively didn't come out there with any jump. They found themselves in a 2-0 hole as a result of their listlessness, and when they tried to make a comeback they were sabotaged by goaltending gaffes and another tip. Those goals are gonna happen, and if you don't put yourself in a bad place to start with they won't necessarily cost you the game, is basically what I mean.

As I said in the GDT... Didn't think the defense did that bad a job tonight. You look at the goals that went in, two were the result of bad decisons by the goalie, the other two were from bounces and tips, and then just one was an individual play where Ericsson got his pocket picked.

The main problem was that the goals that happened happened because the Wings collectively didn't come out there with any jump. They found themselves in a 2-0 hole as a result of their listlessness, and when they tried to make a comeback they were sabotaged by goaltending gaffes and another tip. Those goals are gonna happen, and if you don't put yourself in a bad place to start with they won't necessarily cost you the game, is basically what I mean.

You obviously weren't watching the game. I was there and the defense on all of their goals was pathetic. Although the 3rd goal was Conklin's fault for playing the puck badly, every goal the defense was stuck on their heals. Terrible job on positioning, toughness, and decision making. Babcock should have pulled a Herb Brooks and made them skate suicides after the game.

You obviously weren't watching the game. I was there and the defense on all of their goals was pathetic. Although the 3rd goal was Conklin's fault for playing the puck badly, every goal the defense was stuck on their heals. Terrible job on positioning, toughness, and decision making. Babcock should have pulled a Herb Brooks and made them skate suicides after the game.

That's all I could think about after the game Woulda been nice, but we have 3 games in 4 nights so save it for Buffalo :hehe:

I agree, he needs to go...although it won't happen until after the end of the season. If the Wings win the Cup, awesome! Forget about it then! But if not, someone has to answer for it, and I think hes the one who should get fired. How does a defense go from elite to sloppy over a summer, with virtually all the same players? COACHING

Guest Shoreline

Why don't we wait until after the playoffs before crying for heads. Knee-jerk s***, although highly common and not surprisingly after every loss, doesn't help anything at all, just make you look irrational.

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Shoreline
hey shoreline, i thought this was a discussion board? do we need your approval for anything? no? :thumbup:

My bad, my posts don't count as discussion. :thumbup:

Is this the thread where we call for even more people connected to the Red Wings to be fired after the season?

No. each person gets his own individual thread. Or each position, if you want to get rid of both goalies. No combining.

Actually, I'm a bit surprised by this one. I haven't heard McCrimmon called out in weeks.

Guest mindfly
Why don't we wait until after the playoffs before crying for heads. Knee-jerk s***, although highly common and not surprisingly after every loss, doesn't help anything at all, just make you look irrational.

It will be so fun to read your comments if detroit looses in the first round... you will probably continue to complain about people who are rightfully pissed off about the team............

It will be so fun to read your comments if detroit looses in the first round... you will probably continue to complain about people who are rightfully pissed off about the team............

THIS.

divide_by_zero1.jpg

Edited by Namingway

How is it knee jerk when its been happening for 75 games?

This is a team thats completely lost in its own zone. They get caught inbetween. They do alot of standing around watching the play. The puck goes behind the net one defensemen gets cauight half way and the other has his back to the ice watching the play while an opponent moves right into the slot. The puck carrier has no pressure because the first defenseman half assed it, makes the pass to the guy in the slot who is wide open because the second defenseman doesnt know hes there. I see this happen over and over. Our opponents own the boards in our zone. They are allowed to make play after play. We dont pressure the puck carrier. I watched one St Loius player last night fumbling the puck at the blueline while Draper watched him. Just stood there and watched while the player got the puck under control and made a play that resulted in a scoring chance. I watched Kronwall do his best impression of a tree all night in our zone. This is getting beyond pathetic. Peewee teams do a better job in thier zone.

I do think this is to a great degree coaching. McCrimmons philosophy seems to be to stay at home in our zone. Like its a 5 on 5 PP. Just stay in your box. Dont pressure the puck carrier just guard your section of the ice. Try to keep them to the outside. Its looks like a zone defense in football. And its not working.

Well he is supposed to do more than that. I'm assuming he should have found the weak points through video review and tried to correct them at this point. The goalie coach can only do so much. it's obviously a defensive problem, allowing so many give-aways. I do fault Ozzie and Conks for some of the goals, but Mcrimmon has allowed a Stanley Cup Defense wilt into dog s***. Fire him and give the D to Chelios.

Backes should have not been allowed to score 4 goals on a Stanley Cup winning Defense. There is something wrong with the coaching here.

Okay, but how do you correct laziness, carelessness, lack of motivation, lack of focus, mental lapses, coasting, etc.? I'm sure anything that can be done to try to overcome these things has been. Maybe it's just me, but when I watch the defense play a crappy game I blame THE DEFENSE, not a coach whose impact on and responsibility for the defense's play is unkown to us. I realize he's the new guy, but I don't hear anyone calling for the goaltending coach's job, or the PK coach's job. The PLAYERS, on the ice, who were the top defensive unit in the league last year, have allowed THEMSELVES to "wilt into dog s***".

Meh... its one of those had to be there things to see. The camera adds 10pounds and sugar coats everything as to make it look like its purely the goalie fault. I am with you. Being there as witnessing the wings D sucking ass. Missed coverage and just allowing the blues to do whatever they want in our zone.

Brad McCrimmon is not going to be here next year. I have a pretty good feeling about that. It's not all his fault, but it's a lot easier to replace/blame a coach then find new d-men. Most of the breakdowns happen because of coverage in front of the net, usually that's because of two things 1. Defensive system 2. Strength/Size/Quickness of the d. And considering the talent of the Wing's D there has to be a change somewhere and he is the scapegoat. I could go way-more in-depth about how McCrimmon's system is just ugh. If you want a quick reference watch a San Jose game and pay attention to the differences and how their forwards are much more involved down low like we were last season.

Also on the goal that people are blaming Conklin for playing the puck, It's the defensemen's job to assert himself and call for the goalie not to play the puck. The fault will always go more to the player then the goalie in that situation. It's not like Conklin had all day to make a decision. I'm also not going to bag on Ericsson for that, mistakes happen and that's a pretty common mistake that will be corrected easily. But watch the play over again, Conklin was expecting Ericsson to make the play and Ericsson backed off, which unless Conklin actually called him off; which almost never happens and I sincerely doubt with Conklin's puck handling confidence(*cough* Edmonton *cough* actually made Ericsson back off.

Brad McCrimmon is not going to be here next year. I have a pretty good feeling about that. It's not all his fault, but it's a lot easier to replace/blame a coach then find new d-men. Most of the breakdowns happen because of coverage in front of the net, usually that's because of two things 1. Defensive system 2. Strength/Size/Quickness of the d. And considering the talent of the Wing's D there has to be a change somewhere and he is the scapegoat. I could go way-more in-depth about how McCrimmon's system is just ugh. If you want a quick reference watch a San Jose game and pay attention to the differences and how their forwards are much more involved down low like we were last season.

Also on the goal that people are blaming Conklin for playing the puck, It's the defensemen's job to assert himself and call for the goalie not to play the puck. The fault will always go more to the player then the goalie in that situation. It's not like Conklin had all day to make a decision. I'm also not going to bag on Ericsson for that, mistakes happen and that's a pretty common mistake that will be corrected easily. But watch the play over again, Conklin was expecting Ericsson to make the play and Ericsson backed off, which unless Conklin actually called him off; which almost never happens and I sincerely doubt with Conklin's puck handling confidence(*cough* Edmonton *cough* actually made Ericsson back off.

was Ericsson even born yet when conklin showcased those skillz? maybe he didn't read up on it in the history books yet haha j/king